TEAM SHELBY FORUM

low tire presure

i have stock rims and tires. seems like i'm always puting air in them more often than my truck's tires. do low profile tires like on these shelbys require more frequent refilling? noticed my left front is lower than the rest but all need some air. my car does sit alot too.

regarding the air leak in my right rear this past summer, that was fixed and the tire is still holding air. but, as i said, now i noticed left front is lower than others.:banghead:

i aired all of them to recomended presure a month ago. how often do any of u have to add air to them?

i have stock rims and tires. seems like i'm always puting air in them more often than my truck's tires. do low profile tires like on these shelbys require more frequent refilling? noticed my left front is lower than the rest but all need some air. my car does sit alot too.

regarding the air leak in my right rear this past summer, that was fixed and the tire is still holding air. but, as i said, now i noticed left front is lower than others.:banghead:

i aired all of them to recomended presure a month ago. how often do any of u have to add air to them?

I am no expert but did a little research and one thing is that tires are porous and leak air continually. I also have problems when I let my car sit.

Tires normally lose 1 lb. per month. If outside temperatures drop considerably the "loss" will be greater.

Keep in mind that there was also a TSB or recall re: the valve stems on our cars. The valve stems sometimes crack. You may want to check your valve stems as well, just in case.

well my left front was low because of a nail in it..... go figure. the rest were accually holdin air pretty well.

thats 2nd time this year i get a nail. same goes with my tundra only it was last year when it was pickin up nails with it. everyone including me in the neighborhood got roofwork done due to bad hail storm 2 years ago. i'm guessin im runnin over roofin staples or somethin. i dont know.

for 10 years though i have bad luck runnin over crap. 5 years ago i was in my tundra goin to work (i work nights so its dark) and i ran over a chunk of aluminum and ripped a gash in my tire. had to pull over quick and change it. had to replace it because it was too big of a gash. so i ended up gettin a new tire, but the rest were already half worn LOL. (had road hazard warrantee at least)

lucky 1381 dry.gif

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem for several months....While filling the left front tire I noticed the valve stem leaking. I took the car to Americas Tire for inspection and replacement.. Three of the four were cracked or cracking. I replaced all four added the road hazard and $78.00 later no more issues. I did this in August and to date (this morning) tires are still holding 32psi.

Archived