TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally the production adjustable idler setup is available. I have been testing this

ZXMustang

This is the production version of the adjustable idler/tensioner system I showed a while back that I was testing on my car. It works perfectly, and will give you the most belt wrap no matter what size pulley you will be using down to the 2.2 pulley that steg makes. Here is the link. Enjoy.

Massive Speed Adjustable Supercharger Tension System - TechStar Massive - Hardcore Racing Performance

3f8030df-7e12-4f1e-998d-796f4cad6bde-800.jpg

Interesting design. I like where it's mounted.

However.... anodized purple? :headscratch:

That deserves a :redcard: for sure.

Anodized black, red or even clear would be killer... but purple? :banghead: Sorry man, I just don't see it. 99% of us try to have some sort of color scheme for our engine bays (carbon fiber, color coded paint for rad covers or battery covers... etc), I doubt any of us have purple under the hood.

While I am not a Metco fanboy, would like to know how this is supposed to be any better than the idler assemblies already on the market or is this just a 'me too' option?

This is completely adjustable, and rigid. It bolts to the blower face, not under it with those long brackets. The ability to adjust it to any pulley size or belt size makes it worth it. Plus you are getting a dual bearing idler pulley, not the uber cheap single bearing metco that everyone else sells. The dual bearing idler pulley alone from betco is like $250.

Have never seen any flex or evidence of flex in the idler pully bracket. There is nothing wrong with the single bearing idler pullies, all of the OEM idlers on the car are single bearing and are exposed to the same or higher loads. Again, not really a metco fan, but my single bearing metco idler adjusted for the stock 3" pulley and now runs on the 2.2 with the stock belt, adjustment range is sufficient and at 20k+ miles, no trouble with the sealed bearing in any of the idlers.

Just thought we were missing something you were trying to solve here. Nothing wrong with additional options. Choice is good.

Have never seen any flex or evidence of flex in the idler pully bracket. There is nothing wrong with the single bearing idler pullies, all of the OEM idlers on the car are single bearing and are exposed to the same or higher loads. Again, not really a metco fan, but my single bearing metco idler adjusted for the stock 3" pulley and now runs on the 2.2 with the stock belt, adjustment range is sufficient and at 20k+ miles, no trouble with the sealed bearing in any of the idlers.

Just thought we were missing something you were trying to solve here. Nothing wrong with additional options. Choice is good.

I have been through 2 single bearing metcos, not on the dual for a few thousand miles. Its just so much nicer and sturdier than the single. And yeah, its a different design. I love the look and it does the job completely.

I have been through 2 single bearing metcos, not on the dual for a few thousand miles. Its just so much nicer and sturdier than the single. And yeah, its a different design. I love the look and it does the job completely.

Hmm, can you tell me what style the new "Shelby" branded Metco idler pulley is?

Single brng. or double?

It's shown on the Shelby Perf. Store site. If you need me to post the URL/Link I will go find it and post it here.

I already bought one so I'm not so sure I REALLY want to hear the answer! <LOL>

TIA,

Phill

Archived