TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delivery date three weeks old

dtharmon633

I think there maybe something to your story as I have had a shelby on order since Dec. 4. I called my dealer wondering what was going on with my car and they called the district rep and said there was a stop on the shelby for guality problems.

Aside from not having my car, another troubling detail is the "other" customers who are receiving their car though their plant release date followed mine. Are the delivery stories merely folk tales? Bummer, these folks have photos...maybe they cropped them from an ebay ad an inserted a personal photo of themself. hummmm

My GT500 was released from plant about 22JAN07 and I was given an ETA window from 29JAN07-05FEB07, initially. It was later revised to 07FEB07. My dealer was told by their rep that it would be delivered on 02FEB07. The car is now three weeks past its delivery date. When I called the dealer, they were not told until 09FEB07 that cars were being held up at the factory because of "issues." It was on this site that I learned of the paint problems and other anomalies. I called the VOPC to speak with an analyst for the first time around 12FEB07. They told me it was at the sub plant for striping and badging and I should check back later that week for an update. Believe it or not, I was able to wait until 19FEB07. Unfortunately, my patience did not yield any better results from Ford. Apparently, the stripes take weeks to apply-I guess they're not marked left or right side and to which body panel they are to be applied. I was told again to call back later in the week and the "system" should be updated. Instead of nagging the analyst, I called my dealer yesterday. The "system" has yet to provide a new ETA.

I am wondering now if there is something more to the story. This seems way to long for a few stripes and a replica fuel cap used for trunk access. Thoughts, anyone? :sos::drop::cry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

To add more fuel to the flame, another local dealer received his car two weeks early. It sold the same day for sixty grand.

Five weeks past initial ETA and counting.

I'm now reaching for my sidearm.

How is it, GRAB? Have you seen triple digits speeds? Is it everything you expected? Where are the pics? Keep us posted, man.

D

I just checked your vin on the rail tracker. Nothing yet.

See my photo thread.

I just checked your vin on the rail tracker. Nothing yet.

See my photo thread.

I called VOPC today. Two issues keep me from smelling goodyear rubber--a rail shortage due to a Canadian strike and quality holds to be repaired after striping. No new ETA.

My sidearm has now been loaded.

I called VOPC today. Two issues keep me from smelling goodyear rubber--a rail shortage due to a Canadian strike and quality holds to be repaired after striping. No new ETA.

My sidearm has now been loaded.

The wait has been so long...I have now fired the first shot at myself...but I missed.

Reloading sidearm now. Andy just gives me one bullet at a time.

I want my Shelby!!!

Ordered April of last year but was told it would arrive by 7FEB07 at the latest...still not here.

The little birdie is checking every day on your car. If it leaves on BNSF...the birdie will follow it and let you know.

Ordered April of last year but was told it would arrive by 7FEB07 at the latest...still not here.

One of the biggest problems with vehicles put oh hold and stored is that the first cars in are the last ones out to get shipped! It seems Ford just buries the first one's in without being able to get those out first. So those are to the back of the line and that is why some dealers get vehicles that were built much later than dealers that had their cars built sooner.

I'm guessing it might be a union thing were workers just pack them in without leaving a path to get the first one's in out first when they are released! Just pack them in like sardines and wait until they can get them after getting the last one's in out first!

One of the biggest problems with vehicles put oh hold and stored is that the first cars in are the last ones out to get shipped! It seems Ford just buries the first one's in without being able to get those out first. So those are to the back of the line and that is why some dealers get vehicles that were built much later than dealers that had their cars built sooner.

I'm guessing it might be a union thing were workers just pack them in without leaving a path to get the first one's in out first when they are released! Just pack them in like sardines and wait until they can get them after getting the last one's in out first!

It's NOT a Union thing. If you are saying that Union workers don't think, your wrong. I don't want to get into a Union pissing match on this either, but your tone ticked me off. :rant:

It's NOT a Union thing. If you are saying that Union workers don't think, your wrong. I don't want to get into a Union pissing match on this either, but your tone ticked me off. :rant:

I didn't say anything about union workers don't think. I don't know how you read into that. Now FORD doesn't "think" to well and it's obvious they have some employees that don't "care", but that has nothing to do with whether unions workers think or not nor did I imply that.

Ok then. I was wrong. :rockon:

I do know that Autoport does another inspection on the car and if they find anything wrong that the car has to get sent back out to be looked at and fixed. I also know that if there are not enough cars going to a certian region then the car will sit untill more cars come in that are going to that same region. This has been known to take weeks sometimes.

Can you explain the "union thing" comment please?

Ok then. I was wrong. :rockon:

I do know that Autoport does another inspection on the car and if they find anything wrong that the car has to get sent back out to be looked at and fixed. I also know that if there are not enough cars going to a certian region then the car will sit untill more cars come in that are going to that same region. This has been known to take weeks sometimes.

I see Ford Dealers posting all the time complaining about this issue on most models. Other dealers around them getting vehicles in that were built long after their allocation was built and they still don't have the vehicles. Now if other dealers are getting the same vehicles in their area then it can't be a region thing. This mostly happens on vehicles that were put on hold for something. The first one's built get buried in the back and until they get the last one's in (which are the most recent built) out the first one's built just sit there until they can get to them.

We just got our second Shelby in last week. It was built 1/19/07. Both of ours were ordered the same time back in April of 06. The first one was built 8/10 and arrived 8/31.

The second one was a convertible ordered with the shaker 1000. The shaker 1000 had 100% availability on the coupes and only 50% availability on the convertibles. The convertibles ordered with the shaker 1000 were on material hold until around November. But it was finally built 1/19 and there were dealers that are 1000 miles further west of us that were getting their shelby convertibles that were built several weeks after ours before ours came in.

I'm hearing dealers complaining about the same problem with the new 08 Super Duty and 08 Escapes. There's were built weeks ago prior to a lot of dealers getting there's that were built long after the others were built. But they were all either put on hold or sent to storage where the first one's in where the last one's out. So it would appear to me that the reason this is happening is because FORD is allowing the first one's in to be buried to the back where the only way to get them out is to first get the last one's in shipped out first.

I see Ford Dealers posting all the time complaining about this issue on most models. Other dealers around them getting vehicles in that were built long after their allocation was built and they still don't have the vehicles. Now if other dealers are getting the same vehicles in their area then it can't be a region thing. This mostly happens on vehicles that were put on hold for something. The first one's built get buried in the back and until they get the last one's in (which are the most recent built) out the first one's built just sit there until they can get to them.

We just got our second Shelby in last week. It was built 1/19/07. Both of ours were ordered the same time back in April of 06. The first one was built 8/10 and arrived 8/31.

The second one was a convertible ordered with the shaker 1000. The shaker 1000 had 100% availability on the coupes and only 50% availability on the convertibles. The convertibles ordered with the shaker 1000 were on material hold until around November. But it was finally built 1/19 and there were dealers that are 1000 miles further west of us that were getting their shelby convertibles that were built several weeks after ours before ours came in.

I'm hearing dealers complaining about the same problem with the new 08 Super Duty and 08 Escapes. There's were built weeks ago prior to a lot of dealers getting there's that were built long after the others were built. But they were all either put on hold or sent to storage where the first one's in where the last one's out. So it would appear to me that the reason this is happening is because FORD is allowing the first one's in to be buried to the back where the only way to get them out is to first get the last one's in shipped out first.

I find it hard to believe that the parking lot is a one ended box with only one way in and out. They must have some rows to allow access. This isn't rocket science here! :headscratch:

I find it hard to believe that the parking lot is a one ended box with only one way in and out. They must have some rows to allow access. This isn't rocket science here! :headscratch:

That is exactly what I said! But it is a problem and dealers have been complaining about it for a long time.

I would think if you are piling cars into storage for whatever reason, that you would park the first cars in towards the front and bring the rest in parking those towards the back so the first ones in are the first ones out. Or at least have open rows where the first one's in can be got at so they are the first one's out.

But the fact is the first one's in are the last one's out. So why is that?

here is a pic of AAI lot where cars are loaded on train. Notice the loading ramps in lower left corner. Appears cars can be 9 deep or more and blocked from all sides.

When the lot is full cars can easily get blocked in. Notice the cars on lower right a pretty big blob of cars waiting

I think I see a VAPOR one. :hysterical2:

That is exactly what I said! But it is a problem and dealers have been complaining about it for a long time.

I would think if you are piling cars into storage for whatever reason, that you would park the first cars in towards the front and bring the rest in parking those towards the back so the first ones in are the first ones out. Or at least have open rows where the first one's in can be got at so they are the first one's out.

But the fact is the first one's in are the last one's out. So why is that?

But you are thinking logically. It must have been an engineer that set this arrangement up (heavy sarcasm). :hysterical2:

But you are thinking logically. It must have been an engineer that set this arrangement up (heavy sarcasm). :hysterical2:

And god knows they aren't going make anyone move some vehicles out of the way to get some out that need to get shipped! Forgetaboutit! They can just sit until they can be gotten to!

What the hey! It isn't like it's MY car I'm waiting on! So what do I care when it gets to where it's going! It will eventually get there some day! LOL

here is a pic of AAI lot where cars are loaded on train. Notice the loading ramps in lower left corner. Appears cars can be 9 deep or more and blocked from all sides.

When the lot is full cars can easily get blocked in. Notice the cars on lower right a pretty big blob of cars waiting

That birdie is right on the money again. :hysterical:

Is that bird poop on the Grabber Orange one ?........No it could'nt be. Or was that mine ? :hysterical2:

Archived