TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delivery date three weeks old

dtharmon633

My GT500 was released from plant about 22JAN07 and I was given an ETA window from 29JAN07-05FEB07, initially. It was later revised to 07FEB07. My dealer was told by their rep that it would be delivered on 02FEB07. The car is now three weeks past its delivery date. When I called the dealer, they were not told until 09FEB07 that cars were being held up at the factory because of "issues." It was on this site that I learned of the paint problems and other anomalies. I called the VOPC to speak with an analyst for the first time around 12FEB07. They told me it was at the sub plant for striping and badging and I should check back later that week for an update. Believe it or not, I was able to wait until 19FEB07. Unfortunately, my patience did not yield any better results from Ford. Apparently, the stripes take weeks to apply-I guess they're not marked left or right side and to which body panel they are to be applied. I was told again to call back later in the week and the "system" should be updated. Instead of nagging the analyst, I called my dealer yesterday. The "system" has yet to provide a new ETA.

I am wondering now if there is something more to the story. This seems way to long for a few stripes and a replica fuel cap used for trunk access. Thoughts, anyone? :sos::drop::cry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

To add more fuel to the flame, another local dealer received his car two weeks early. It sold the same day for sixty grand.

My GT500 was released from plant about 22JAN07 and I was given an ETA window from 29JAN07-05FEB07, initially. It was later revised to 07FEB07. My dealer was told by their rep that it would be delivered on 02FEB07. The car is now three weeks past its delivery date. When I called the dealer, they were not told until 09FEB07 that cars were being held up at the factory because of "issues." It was on this site that I learned of the paint problems and other anomalies. I called the VOPC to speak with an analyst for the first time around 12FEB07. They told me it was at the sub plant for striping and badging and I should check back later that week for an update. Believe it or not, I was able to wait until 19FEB07. Unfortunately, my patience did not yield any better results from Ford. Apparently, the stripes take weeks to put apply-I guess they're not marked left or right side and which body panel they are to be applied. I was told again to call back later in the week and the "system" should be updated. Instead of nagging the analyst, I called my dealer yesterday. The "system" has yet to provide a new ETA.

I am wondering now if there is something more to the story. This seems way to long for a few stripes and a replica fuel cap used for trunk access. Thoughts, anyone? :sos::drop::cry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

To ad more fuel to the flame, another local dealer received his car two weeks early. It sold the same day for sixty grand.

My car was built about a week before yours and just shipped on 2/21. I talked directly to the girl at the ramp where the cars are loaded this week a few times. She told me that there are many cars there that had been setting for 2 weeks prior to mine showing up. I was lucky to get mine red flagged, so it shipped. They do work on Sat. so maybe yours will ship today. They were having some rail car shortage issues also...so she told me.

Mine was caught up in the Tire inflator kit shortage hold and the Tranny hold and after it was produced it never even made it to the stripe shop untill 2 weeks ago. I am sure the 8 inches of snow on the cars and the hold overwhelmed the stripe shop. The cars have to be up to a certain Temp to apply the stripes and with 8 inches of snow on them, it made that operation slow down IMO.

Hang in there.

My car was built about a week before yours and just shipped on 2/21. I talked directly to the girl at the ramp where the cars are loaded this week a few times. She told me that there are many cars there that had been setting for 2 weeks prior to mine showing up. I was lucky to get mine red flagged, so it shipped. They do work on Sat. so maybe yours will ship today. They were having some rail car shortage issues also...so she told me.

Mine was caught up in the Tire inflator kit shortage hold and the Tranny hold and after it was produced it never even made it to the stripe shop untill 2 weeks ago. I am sure the 8 inches of snow on the cars and the hold overwhelmed the stripe shop. The cars have to be up to a certain Temp to apply the stripes and with 8 inches of snow on them, it made that operation slow down IMO.

Hang in there.

Does that mean your car was sitting out in the snow grabber? or there are 8 inches of snow on the plant where ure car was being striped?

I've reading stories like this on this site for the last nine - ten months. Ford does not seem to be getting its act together in anyway, no progreess has been made in relation to stripping problems, railroad delays (mine sat in a railyard 120 miles from the dealer, but it took almost two weeks to get it delivered from that pt.), etc. Come on Ford! Enough is enough!

CC

Does that mean your car was sitting out in the snow grabber? or there are 8 inches of snow on the plant where ure car was being striped?

I was talking to Ralph on a regular basis and he told me about the snow, and I talked to ColdwaterHotrod who lives nearby the plant and he confirmed the snow. It is Cold over there.

Hang in there.

Thanks for the encouragement! The car was ordered in May of last year, so my wait has really been long enough. This is especially true considering Ford's inequitable distribution technique with some dealers getting several before smaller dealers get one. I've read some of the debates, but after the first car to SVT dealers, the ordering customer should have been the high priority thereafter.

Thanks for the encouragement! The car was ordered in May of last year, so my wait has really been long enough. This is especially true considering Ford's inequitable distribution technique with some dealers getting several before smaller dealers get one. I've read some of the debates, but after the first car to SVT dealers, the ordering customer should have been the high priority thereafter.

I agree with you totally. Ford should of produced and delivered the Retail sold units before the stock inventory ones. That change will never happen however.

I don't know how much snow was on the cars, but if there in the parking lot...they get snowed on. :doh:

:headspin:

I wasn't sure if it was a large parking lot like the Hapeville plant had. Or, since production on this model is so low perhaps there woud be enough covered warehouse space to store them inside the complex prior to working on them at the striping plant. I should have known there wouldn't be any waisted space for storage. I guess the car collectors that advertise "never been rained on" don't take into account the vehicle being stored outside for weeks and transported uncovered prior to their purchase of it.

I wasn't sure if it was a large parking lot like the Hapeville plant had. Or, since production on this model is so low perhaps there woud be enough covered warehouse space to store them inside the complex prior to working on them at the striping plant. I should have known there wouldn't be any waisted space for storage. I guess the car collectors that advertise "never been rained on" don't take into account the vehicle being stored outside for weeks and transported uncovered prior to their purchase of it.

I have the Coords. for the plant if you want to Google earth it. It shows all the parking lots and the rail cars at the plant.

I need an active satellite flying overhead that is customer accessible with pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, so I can search for my car. :headspin:

I wanted one of those too, but had to settle for 2 little birdies that have been feeding on featherlax. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

I live a little closer to the AAI plant the our good friend Coldwater. And we are expecting a hellofa snow/ice storm tonight. I hope you guys sent your Shelbys a blanket! And maybe some galoshes......

Do you mind taking over a gas generator and a hot air gun and keeping mine dry? It will be easily recognizable because it was ordered so long ago it will have green moldy stuff growing through the hood's heat vents.

I don't know how much snow was on the cars, but if there in the parking lot...they get snowed on. :doh:

:headspin:

I don't have an issue with snow being on a car...heck...it's just frozen water...not much different than washing the car. It's the salt on the roads (at least here in Indiana) that usually goes WITH the snow that makes the car rust. In addition, snowing on TOP of my car is fine...but I don't like driving it in that snow...it really dirties up the undercarriage. In summary, snow/rain on TOP is ok...salt ANYWHERE, or form of water UNDERNEATH, is not OK for me.

Dave

I don't have an issue with snow being on a car...heck...it's just frozen water...not much different than washing the car. It's the salt on the roads (at least here in Indiana) that usually goes WITH the snow that makes the car rust. In addition, snowing on TOP of my car is fine...but I don't like driving it in that snow...it really dirties up the undercarriage. In summary, snow/rain on TOP is ok...salt ANYWHERE, or form of water UNDERNEATH, is not OK for me.

Dave

Salt is definitely a factory finish KILLER! I wonder if the union makes them apply salt to the parking area so the employees are less likely to fall. A few weeks of snow fall or minor salt exposure at the sub plant is no biggy for me. I live in the sunny south so our 1/2 inch of snow each year and a little salt on the roads for ten days a year to combat ice isn't as much of a concern.

Hang in there.

GRAB, Can I trouble you to inquire of mine? Red/silver coupe with red inserts outbound to a GA dealership. :stats: I need help...the white lines along the road are closing in on me. They no longer run parallel. The few Shelby's spotted around town and on Ebay have had SN's checked for a mistaken delivery. When I get in my FWD family sedan I try to peel out only to be laughed at by the local teens. I hear galloping sounds throughout the night and smell burning rubber when I try to sleep. I can't take it any more! I've painted two tungsten stripes down my face and tatooed my butt with SHELBY. I've been wearing King Cobra skin boots, belt, and hat band. Instead of data input at my PC, I reach down along side my chair and jerk the adjuster handle to and fro...my feet now have carpal tunnel from the fake shifting and acceleration every day. Help me please...I'm begging. :shift::shift::shift:

GRAB, Can I trouble you to inquire of mine? Red/silver coupe with red inserts outbound to a GA dealership. :stats: I need help...the white lines along the road are closing in on me. They no longer run parallel. The few Shelby's spotted around town and on Ebay have had SN's checked for a mistaken delivery. When I get in my FWD family sedan I try to peel out only to be laughed at by the local teens. I hear galloping sounds throughout the night and smell burning rubber when I try to sleep. I can't take it any more! I've painted two tungsten stripes down my face and tatooed my butt with SHELBY. I've been wearing King Cobra skin boots, belt, and hat band. Instead of data input at my PC, I reach down along side my chair and jerk the adjuster handle to and fro...my feet now have carpal tunnel from the fake shifting and acceleration every day. Help me please...I'm begging. :shift::shift::shift:

:hysterical2:

Your getting it as bad as me.

Pm sent.

I talked to the shipper for you. They do not have your car yet. It has not shipped. They looked it up. It went to get stripes on Jan. 30th and has not been released from the stripe plant yet. Sorry.

I talked to the shipper for you. They do not have your car yet. It has not shipped. They looked it up. It went to get stripes on Jan. 30th and has not been released from the stripe plant yet. Sorry.

BUMMER! But it is great to have the info. I greatly appreciate you checking on it for me. It is comforting to know what the status is and I guess I need to wait another few weeks to expect anything different.

My GT500 was released from plant about 22JAN07 and I was given an ETA window from 29JAN07-05FEB07, initially. It was later revised to 07FEB07. My dealer was told by their rep that it would be delivered on 02FEB07. The car is now three weeks past its delivery date. When I called the dealer, they were not told until 09FEB07 that cars were being held up at the factory because of "issues." It was on this site that I learned of the paint problems and other anomalies. I called the VOPC to speak with an analyst for the first time around 12FEB07. They told me it was at the sub plant for striping and badging and I should check back later that week for an update. Believe it or not, I was able to wait until 19FEB07. Unfortunately, my patience did not yield any better results from Ford. Apparently, the stripes take weeks to apply-I guess they're not marked left or right side and to which body panel they are to be applied. I was told again to call back later in the week and the "system" should be updated. Instead of nagging the analyst, I called my dealer yesterday. The "system" has yet to provide a new ETA.

To add more fuel to the flame, another local dealer received his car two weeks early. It sold the same day for sixty grand.

Make that timeframe FOUR weeks delinquent and still counting. Grab should be awarded "best rep" award! For if it wasn't for him, Ford would be at a loss for personnel able to provide accurate info. I have bought more than a dozen new Ford products for personal use, but this is the first time I ordered one. This whole process has set a new LOW for Ford customer service. Words cannot express the disappointment brought about by misinformation and outdated records. I knew it would take months to get the car. What I didn't know was that Ford wouldn't deliver it when they said, and then the Ford CS personnel would still be showing month old information as if the car has already been delivered. I feel like I would have better customer service from a Chinese furniture store! Even with the language barrier, I bet they would have a better system in place for providing accurate shipping info. Ford needs to get its act together!!! And, that means more than building quality cars with a dazzling style that prompts consumers to purchase one!

Make that timeframe FOUR weeks delinquent and still counting. Grab should be awarded "best rep" award! For if it wasn't for him, Ford would be at a loss for personnel able to provide accurate info. I have bought more than a dozen new Ford products for personal use, but this is the first time I ordered one. This whole process has set a new LOW for Ford customer service. Words cannot express the disappointment brought about by misinformation and outdated records. I knew it would take months to get the car. What I didn't know was that Ford wouldn't deliver it when they said, and then the Ford CS personnel would still be showing month old information as if the car has already been delivered. I feel like I would have better customer service from a Chinese furniture store! Even with the language barrier, I bet they would have a better system in place for providing accurate shipping info. Ford needs to get its act together!!! And, that means more than building quality cars with a dazzling style that prompts consumers to purchase one!

When the cars go on "Quality Holds" for this and that, they loose all track of the car in the computer processs. It would take a person going to everycar and checking the status and then inputting that info into a computer on a regular basis. That is not happening as we would like it. Rest assured that your car will be great when you get it and after you Mash the gas pedal to the floor....all this will be forgotten. Keep the faith brother. :)

I think there maybe something to your story as I have had a shelby on order since Dec. 4. I called my dealer wondering what was going on with my car and they called the district rep and said there was a stop on the shelby for guality problems.

Archived