TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The entertainment never ends!!

Cdvision

It was a nice evening in Vancouver BC today. So the wifie and I decided to go for a bit of a cruise this evening in the GT500. We eventually end up on one of the main strips downtown (Robson St) and come up behind this freakshow (some kind of transvestite) on roller skates that is skating erratically up the street weaving in and out of traffic as cars are stopped at a red light and then skating up the middle of the lane when the light turns green. I tried staying behind freakshow as long as possible but eventually had to pass "it". I figured I'd turn right and get off Robson to avoid this "thing" from getting to close to my car or possibly touching it. Just as I'm about to turn right some jerk walks out into the crosswalk when the light had been flashing "don't walk" for several seconds. So I yell out the window at the guy "It says don't walk for a reason a..hole". Just then freakshow comes skating by thought the intersection on the yellow light right in front of me as I'm trying to turn and yells at me "Hey Man settle down!!" The joys of an urban cruise. Lol.

Other than that it was a good cruise and the city is starting to look like it's getting the Christmas spirit with decorative lights starting to appear.

I had installed my adjustable panhard bar last week and this was also the first chance I had to take it out on a road test(other than in my parkade) and check for and funny noises etc. All is good with the install. :dance:

I just wish I could have taken mine out yesterday---HEAVY rains,changed to sleet and eventually SNOW :angry22: Imight just have to move to REALLY enjoy this car!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya man. I'm in PA too and this weather sucks for owning a car like this.

Funny story Cdivision! I would'nt want that creep-o, she-thing anywhere near my car either!

Ya its tough living in areas that have snow . Mine is away till April just as well as gas went to $6.20 a gallon a jump over 20 cents a gallon in good old Canada. What is the price of your gas ?

This is my first winter in Vancouver. I'm from Edmonton so I'm used to parking my car from Nov to Apr. It's nice to be able to take it out for a cruise. Gas here was $1.35 per liter(aprox $5.10 per gallon) on my last fill up 2 weeks ago. OUCH!!

I must agree with you, the entertainment value is outstanding.

I had to drive into downtown Houston this morning and I decided to take the Shelby. I was on the freeway dring about 70 in 6th when a silver M3 pulled up. He did the usual BS moves and I decided to teach school. I dropped into 4th, nailed it and walked him in a heart beat. The great thing was that I was listening to some great rock music with my window down (65 degrees) and the Jon Lund tune made my SC whine like a scalded dog! Pure unadulterated bliss! This car is nothing short of absolute fun.

Upon my return from lunch I was harrassed by a Caddy CTV. I have driven the V and I have been tempted to buy it for a DD but I have just been on the fence. Once again, on the freeway driving around 65-70 and he wanted to play, so I did. He could not pull away but I did. Somewhere around 140 and a few car links behind me, he dropped out with his V between his legs.

Moral of the story; know your competition. If either of these guys had tried this at a red light I would have been in a difficult situation. However, at speed, this Pony is a Racehorse.

I need to drive the Shelby more often. Just mt 2 cents for the day.

I had to drive into downtown Houston this morning and I decided to take the Shelby. I was on the freeway dring about 70 in 6th when a silver M3 pulled up. He did the usual BS moves and I decided to teach school. I dropped into 4th, nailed and walked him in a heart beat. The great thing was that I was listening to some great rock music with my window down (65 degrees) and the Jon Lund tune made my SC whine like a scalded dog! Pure unadulterated bliss! This car is nothing short of absolute fun.

Upon my return from lunch I was harrassed by a Caddy CTV. I have driven the V and I have been tempted to buy it for a DD but I have just been on the fence. Once again, on the freeway driving around 65-70 and he wanted to play, so I did. He could not pull away but i did. Somewhere around 140 and a few car links behind me, he dropped out with his V between his legs.

Moral of the story; know your competition. If either of these guys had tried this at a red light I would have been in a difficult situation. However, at speed, this Pony is a Racehorse.

Whats a CTV--you mean a CTS V..Its hard to believe the new CTS V with the ZR 1 engine at 556hp couldnt stay with you.It must have been the older model V.Ive driven a CTS V A/T and to em its evry bit as fast as a shelby, and much better tracion off the line. going that fast on an interstate is kind of nuts,maybe he was saner--take it to the track,its alot safer

u yelled and called someone an a --hole, ur lucky the a--hole or the freak-show didn't kick ur car or pond on ur hood!

granted if its the a--hole's fault walk under "don't walk", i wouldn't risk what those a--hole/freak-show are capable of. who loose more at the end? . . . u

Whats a CTV--you mean a CTS V..Its hard to believe the new CTS V with the ZR 1 engine at 556hp couldnt stay with you.It must have been the older model V.Ive driven a CTS V A/T and to em its evry bit as fast as a shelby, and much better tracion off the line. going that fast on an interstate is kind of nuts,maybe he was saner--take it to the track,its alot safer

He's not stock Bob. That Caddy had no chance ( =

u yelled and called someone an a --hole, ur lucky the a--hole or the freak-show didn't kick ur car or pond on ur hood!

granted if its the a--hole's fault walk under "don't walk", i wouldn't risk what those a--hole/freak-show are capable of. who loose more at the end? . . . u

Yeah you're right. It's always better to avoid a confrontation when there is risk of aggression towards ones self or car. Unfortunately it's a loose, loose situation, If someone messes with your car and damages it and you get out and beat the crap out of the tool. You still have to pay to fix your car and will probably get charged with assault. Blaaahhh!! That's why I was trying to get away from freakshow and would have had the pedestrian been following the law. I wish the cops would crack down on pedestrians and cyclists half as much as they do on automoblie drivers. But it would be much safer for all if everyone would just pay attention and follow basic rules.

I had to drive into downtown Houston this morning and I decided to take the Shelby. I was on the freeway dring about 70 in 6th when a silver M3 pulled up. He did the usual BS moves and I decided to teach school. I dropped into 4th, nailed it and walked him in a heart beat. The great thing was that I was listening to some great rock music with my window down (65 degrees) and the Jon Lund tune made my SC whine like a scalded dog! Pure unadulterated bliss! This car is nothing short of absolute fun.

Upon my return from lunch I was harrassed by a Caddy CTV. I have driven the V and I have been tempted to buy it for a DD but I have just been on the fence. Once again, on the freeway driving around 65-70 and he wanted to play, so I did. He could not pull away but I did. Somewhere around 140 and a few car links behind me, he dropped out with his V between his legs.

A bunch of my friends and I are going to HRP tonight, come join us. Real racing and safer for everyone than on the streets.

He's not stock Bob. That Caddy had no chance ( =

That is correct and the pulley-tune made a big difference.

A bunch of my friends and I are going to HRP tonight, come join us. Real racing and safer for everyone than on the streets.

I started racing very young. First it was motocross and then Formula Vee. I love road racing but I never got into drag racing but thanks for the invite. I do realize that street racing is dangerous, but its like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, it's a lot of fun.

Archived