TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've lost my rock...

Brad,

Please know that your Texas Team Shelby family is here for you. We are all praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

If there is anything you need please call on us. Whether it is to vent or something else (a place to stay or a babysitter or someone to do some shopping, etc) please let us know. We will do our best to help you through this difficult time.

God bless you and your family.

Sean

Brad, I read your post early this morning and I couldn't respond. I didn't know what to say, and I still don't. I just want to add to the others replies. I, and the rest of Team Shelby is here for you. Our ears are here to listen and our shoulders are here to lean on whenever needed. My most sincere condolences to you and your family.

Brad,

I am truly sorry for your loss. I instantly felt your sorrow reading your post. Within these last 10 years I suffered through 2 traumatic losses, my Mother and Little Sister, both passed very young as well. It takes a very long time to recover, I still haven't fully but I do keep all the Good Memories and the Love I had for both of them in my Heart everyday and will carry it Forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. Please take my advice, do not deal with this alone no matter what, lean on the people who care about you the most through this difficult time.

God Bless!!

Laurie

Brad,

It's been said over and over again here..............but it is FACT , lean on your family and friends now and always! That is what we / they are for!!!

Most important buddy....cry, and cry alot! It is enormous therapy that we 'tough' guys don't know too much about unfortunately. I weeped when I read your post, and I don't know you personally. But the thought of losing my highschool sweetie tears me up inside. I totally empathize what you are going through, and somehow it's especially cruel at the holidays. Keep your head up friend.

Thinking of you. :)

Chris & Gina Hall

Thank you all for the kind words and support.

My wife's funeral was Saturday, 5 December. We tried to comply with her wishes as much as possible and I think she would have been happy.

She was always giving, she loved helping others. She was an organ donor but could not donate in this case. She did donate her corneas so someone else could see, some skin so someone could look better, and some bone and connective tissue so someone else could be stronger. I myself have donor bone in my back.

We had talked about our wishes if one of us died before the other, mainly because I was in the Army and was deployed so much. We agreed that if one of us died before the other, that person would be cremated and then brought home. Later we would be buried together.

My wife loved the simple things so we tried to use that as our guide to planning.

She loved wood so we picked an oak casket. She loved roses, especially yellow ones, and wildflowers so for the casket spray we had an arrangement of mainly yellow roses and wildflowers. I placed a bouquet of 21 yellow roses, one for every year we were married, beside her and our kids and immediate family placed a single yellow rose with her.

She wore her favorite dress. When I decide to retire this past June she bought a new dress from a shop in Mesilla, NM that was a dark hunter green. She had gastric bypass surgery a couple years ago and had lost over 120 pounds. The dress laced up the back and she could adjust it smaller as she continued to lose weight. She also wore her favorite shoes, a pair of black flats so wore out that I tried to buy her new ones every time I saw them but the were hers and they were comfortable.

All of the flowers, except the ones we placed with her and the spray were donated to Hospice because that is what my wife would have wanted, some one else to be happy.

We played a slide show of pictures of her life and the sound track to her favorite movie, What Dreams May Come. Last night my daughter, her husband, his mom, my wife's mom, and I watched the movie and drank a bottle of her favorite wine.

Wednesday the 8th I'll get to bring my wife home in her car, a black Shelby GT 500 with white stripes. In the future, and you're ever in El Paso, if you see a guy driving that car know that he isn't alone.

She will always be with me, forever in my heart.

Thank you all again.

Brad,

Your story about your wife sounds like a great love story. I am so sorry for you and your family.

May I suggest a book for you that helped my wife when her mother died at a young age. It is called " On death and Dying". It may be of some help for you and your family in the aftermath of a loss such as you have.

You say you are a veteran. You may qualify for counseling thru the veterans administration.

Again sorry for your loss and we all hope to see you back here when you are ready.

Sincerely Yours,

Jonathan and Keyla Ramey

Brad,

Many here have asked that you make sure you take the time to grieve for yourself. Without meaning to pry, can you tell us you are doing that, whether a little or a lot? While we all feel for you because of your loss, we are no less concerned that you do not get eaten alive by the pain in your head and heart. If you are up to it, can you just share a bit with us about how you are doing and how you plan to deal with the holidays that are upon us? Again, no pressure -- just concern.

Jim

Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers during this time of grief.

Mods, you may un-sticky this thread and let it die a natural forum death.

As you wish Brad. My deepest and sincerest condolances to you and your family for your loss.

My wife of 21 years passed on 30 November 2010. She had just turned 38 years old. She leaves behind me, 4 kids, and 1 grandson.

I know that I don't post much on the forums but I ask for your prayers for my family. She was the meaning of my life and still can't comprehend all that is happening.

We had so many plans. Today we were going to Sam's, finish Christmas shopping, and then go out to eat. We were going to Vegas in January for the Shelby Bash, our first, and the she was going to Germany to see our daughter and grandson. This summer we were going to OK to see her friend and Mid-America. That was this years plans.

Last night, I reached for her, today my oldest daughter called from Germany and asked for mom. Her dogs run to the door every time they hear a car and sit and wait for her.

Today I did the hardest thing ever and planned my wife's funeral. Luckily her mom had drove in from Bay City to help me. I could hardly talk during most of the planning, I just sat and nodded.

Please, make sure you have some type of insurance to cover the minimum funeral costs for your loved ones. Luckily we did as her funeral will cost almost $7000.

I probably won't be on here much for a while as I try to get over this, it hurts so bad that she was taken from at such a young age.

Thank You,

Brad

Wow Brad my heart goes to you and your family !!! Anything needed if its within my power just ask !!!!!

Anthony

Archived