TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've lost my rock...

My wife of 21 years passed on 30 November 2010. She had just turned 38 years old. She leaves behind me, 4 kids, and 1 grandson.

I know that I don't post much on the forums but I ask for your prayers for my family. She was the meaning of my life and still can't comprehend all that is happening.

We had so many plans. Today we were going to Sam's, finish Christmas shopping, and then go out to eat. We were going to Vegas in January for the Shelby Bash, our first, and the she was going to Germany to see our daughter and grandson. This summer we were going to OK to see her friend and Mid-America. That was this years plans.

Last night, I reached for her, today my oldest daughter called from Germany and asked for mom. Her dogs run to the door every time they hear a car and sit and wait for her.

Today I did the hardest thing ever and planned my wife's funeral. Luckily her mom had drove in from Bay City to help me. I could hardly talk during most of the planning, I just sat and nodded.

Please, make sure you have some type of insurance to cover the minimum funeral costs for your loved ones. Luckily we did as her funeral will cost almost $7000.

I probably won't be on here much for a while as I try to get over this, it hurts so bad that she was taken from at such a young age.

Thank You,

Brad

My wife of 21 years passed on 30 November 2010. She had just turned 38 years old. She leaves behind me, 4 kids, and 1 grandson.

I know that I don't post much on the forums but I ask for your prayers for my family. She was the meaning of my life and still can't comprehend all that is happening.

We had so many plans. Today we were going to Sam's, finish Christmas shopping, and then go out to eat. We were going to Vegas in January for the Shelby Bash, our first, and the she was going to Germany to see our daughter and grandson. This summer we were going to OK to see her friend and Mid-America. That was this years plans.

Last night, I reached for her, today my oldest daughter called from Germany and asked for mom. Her dogs run to the door every time they here a car and sit and wait for her.

Today I did the hardest thing ever and planned my wife's funeral. Luckily her mom had drove in from Bay City to help me. I could hardly talk during most of the planning, I just sat and nodded.

Please, make sure you have some type of insurance to cover the minimum funeral costs for your loved ones. Luckily we did as her funeral will cost almost $7000.

I probably won't be on here much for a while as I try to get over this, it hurts do bad that she was taken from at such a young age.

Thank You,

Brad

We will keep your family in our prayers. Life is really short some us just take it for granted. :angel: :angel:

Last night, I reached for her, today my oldest daughter called from Germany and asked for mom. Her dogs run to the door every time they hear a car and sit and wait for her.

I probably won't be on here much for a while as I try to get over this, it hurts so bad that she was taken from at such a young age.

Thank You,

Brad

Brad,

I'm at a total loss for words. I could not even begin to imagine how you must feel. I am so, so, so sorry that you have lost your wife. :cry: Prayers are coming your way as my heart aches for you. This is so sad to hear. Life is so fragile.

Brad---- SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!!! I was where you you are now (February 28 65-- April 5 09) Like a knife in the Heart! ---Shortness of Breath! --- Lost and confused! I still hurt everyday but it gets better, trust me and trust in your faith to get you through!!

Take one day at a time and work through all the things you immediately have to do, if you cant handle it ask for help, family is the best!!! the rest can wait!!

"Death leaves a Heartache no one can Heal, Love leaves a Memory no one can Steal"

Again i am so sorry!!! Prayers for you and your family!!! Jon

Brad,

Thank you for imparting such important advice during your time of loss so that others may be helped. My thoughts and prayer will be with you and your family. God bless.

Brad,

Like so many have said we are so sorry to hear about your loss. If you need anything we (team Shelby) are here. In the meen time take care of your self and your family. You and your family are in all our thoughts and prayers.

Brad,

It is a testament to your feelings for your TS family that you were willing to take a moment to sit quietly and type out what you did for us. Tears must have been dropping on your keyboard as you tried to find the words to explain to us what is in your head and heart. As you can see from those who have replied, TS is made up of good people with values very similar to yours.

I, for one, encourage you to come back and share more when you are able. As others have said, nothing can prepare a person for a loss like the one you have suffered but you sharing your experience, as you go through it, will be something others will draw upon when, not if, their time of need arrives.

It is my hope and, I am sure, the hope of all who have read your words that our words in reply will, in some small way, help you feel at least a little bit less alone. My request to you is that during this difficult time you not forget to take care of Brad. With 4 kids and 1 grand child, I can see you attending to all the others in your family who are in grief before you attend to yourself. You must be numb right now but, please, allow yourself to grieve in real time. Blessings and peace to you and your family.

Jim

Edit: Poor spelling.

Brad,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wife. I can't even imagine what you and your family are dealing with right now. My mind is still spinning after reading your words. Grab on to your family for support, they need you as much as you need them and look deep inside for the strength to push forward.

I'll keep you and your family in my Prayers.

Brad,

Dale and I send our deepest condolances......I cant imagine the pain you are in......while I dont pretend to have any answers for the questions you must be asking.....

I do say that you are not all by your self on this......lean on friends, lean on family, lean on us.......your post is a testimony to your strength and love for your wife......

Please take care of yourself..........:grouphug:

Brad, I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune. Try to keep your chin up in these troubling times, my prayers are with you and your family.

Brad, There are certainly no words any of us can say to take away the pain you are feeling. You will certainly have our prayers. Try to keep a schedule. Your not going to get over this soon, if ever. But, the pain will lead to fond memories and you will certainly miss her forever. Try to do the things you were going to do with her, lean on your family and of course, you can always come here. We are a family, not in the way you were with your wife but, a family nonthe less. We are hurting with you and for you

Tim

Brad, Judy & I are so sorry for your loss. We couldn't imagine life without each other, either. Be strong and let your feelings out. Always remember her and the good times. If you need anything, TS is always here for you. We'll laugh and cry with you.

Erik

Brad,

Beckie and I send our deepest condolences and prayers that God will see your family through this very sad and tough time. Keep the faith and know that she no longer suffers and you and your family will see her again.

Carl and Beckie Ervin

Archived