TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT 350 for $90,000 - SOLD on ebay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:redcard:

The whole thing stinks from start to finish.

I just hope the "new" 2nd Owner (and not Charles Robinson ~ Name in SA Window Sticker) realizes that he or she technically bought a "used" car... I just hope he/she doesn't get a rude awakening when they go to the local DMV to register their "Brand New" GT350 redcard.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

I just hope the "new" 2nd Owner (and not Charles Robinson ~ Name in SA Window Sticker) realizes that he or she technically bought a "used" car... I just hope he/she doesn't get a rude awakening when they go to the local DMV to register their "Brand New" GT350 redcard.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Gregg,

I would happily trade being a second owner WITH a car, for being a first owner WITHOUT a car!...just sayin'.

John

Gregg

07SGT0547

If it is sold on a manufacturer's certificate of origin, they will be the first owner to register. The MCO I got for my car had five places to transfer on it.

Thanks for getting this back on topic gang.

All the supporting documentation, including registry information, is under the name on the window sticker. Also included in the registry documentation is the ebay information on the sale through the dealer.

Good for the customer and good for future values. This is not a KR situation. It is post title. The price of the car is negotiated at the dealer level. The package and options are set pricing. If the customer sells the car at a premium and someone is willing to pay great for all. There is no ADM.

Remember the 45th. anniversary badging goes away on any order received after December 31, 2010. This car is becoming the lowest production, modern day, post title, consumer available, full package ever produced. There will be value down the road if history has any way of repeating itself.

Roger

^^^^^^^

hahaha......value :hysterical::hysterical: yah, when you're under top soil........speaking of which, buy land or real estate, that will bring you value, not a car !!! :hysterical:

I couldn't agree more... I look at this venture like my sports card collection...when every kid in the 50's , 60's,and 70's played with their sports cards and beat the heck out of them and treated them like the piece of cardboard they were, the value was zero....but 30 years later a few gems survived and were worth thousands of dollars...today however...millions of people collect them in perfect condition which brings down the value...

I myself have up to 11 complete mint sets of series like first edition Mcdonalds baseball cards from the 80's still locked away for the right moment..but my "Great One" rookie card went from $5k to $1500 in a heart beat because of mint condition cards that were available and now I think it's worth about $600.00.

Shelby vehicles are exactly the same...they raced the Hertz cars..they beat the crap out of the GT-350 and GT-500 and what was left...well they were worth big money.....

Soooo what do we have now...everybody and their dog keeps a perfect vehicle...what does that do for the overall and long term value...it will stay in the toilet until 75% of these vehicles are in the scrap yard which is not going to happen while it is in your heated dust free garage...

Personally, I love both my cars and I drive my Gt-500 every single day except for winter when it is stored and I drive the CS6 less but when ever the weather is great....

I would rather experience the thrill driving my cars every single possible day I can than to let it sit in my garage waiting for a day of financial fortitude that will probably never come.

^^^^^^

Exactly !!! Remember the b.s. in late 2006, 2 year/ maybe 3 year car b.s. !!!! Shelby and all those mod shops would be instantly broke if they didn't come out with these new models AND !!!!....... they will build as many as deposits they can get. Limited my foot !!!! Limited means 'we'll close our doors'

Granted and all valid points. When I was a kid I wanted a 66 GT350 never got there due to the financial obligations of college, marriage, raising a family, home, college funds etc. and the pricing was and still is out of my reach. I will definitely be under soil when the new cars obtain the status of the old ones. But I still cannot afford the old and could afford the new now.

This issue is todays instant gratification society. We want it now or nothing. Read the forums on purchasing cars as an investment. I never mentioned that word and will not. Too volatile a market. Sort of like the stock market of last year. Value is relative to time. Due to production it will hold value to certain collectors and as time passes and more disappear to scrap yards etc. it will become more desirable. Leading to long term value.

Just saying..................we will all most likely be under soil at that time but some kids and grandkids will be pretty lucky. :beerchug:

Carry on!

Roger

^^^^^^^

hahaha......value :hysterical::hysterical: yah, when you're under top soil........speaking of which, buy land or real estate, that will bring you value, not a car !!! :hysterical:

You may want to look up the meaning of "value". Yes, real estate is a great investment, all of us here in Florida are doing really great with our "real estate" so come on down, we've lots to sell.

You may want to look up the meaning of "value". Yes, real estate is a great investment, all of us here in Florida are doing really great with our "real estate" so come on down, we've lots to sell.

We are doing great, us Canadians ARE buying it up. Search..........dozens of recent articles about it.

If it is sold on a manufacturer's certificate of origin, they will be the first owner to register. The MCO I got for my car had five places to transfer on it.

OK... But maybe I am missing something here headscratch.gif

Isn't the base Mustang GT (donor car) supposed to be purchased, paid for and titled PRIOR to delivery and conversion at SA???

I understand the transfer process between dealers prior to first owner registration, dealer trades, etc.

And I also realize that this is a very sensitive subject among future GT350 owners...

But wasn't this particular car bought, paid for and titled once already???

And if so, even with 0 miles showing, it now "technically" becomes a USED CAR...

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers or stir the pot... I'm just trying to understand the process... THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

The car does not have to be titled right away. Especially because it is not being driven. I have probably bought 20+ cars and never titled them because I knew I was just going to resell them.

Yes, the car is in reality a "used" car, but your name may still be the first one on the title. Banks and lending institutions know the difference and will loan $ accordingly.

The car does not have to be titled right away. Especially because it is not being driven. I have probably bought 20+ cars and never titled them because I knew I was just going to resell them.

Yes, the car is in reality a "used" car, but your name may still be the first one on the title. Banks and lending institutions know the difference and will loan $ accordingly.

I guess I was hoping that by making the GT350 a post-title car, there wouldn't be situations like this... But where there's a will, there's a way spend.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Went to check out this car today.

WOW, those of you that have claimed that they look better in person than in pictures were right! Beautifull car. very well appointed and if a muscle car can be considered "classy", it was classy and (unfortunately IMO) made my 40th look somewhat dated.

To answer the original question in this thread the deal IS legit and it is to be shipped to a gentlman (or lady) in Arizona soon. The salesman mentioned that they are currently trying to procure another one.

Went to check out this car today.

WOW, those of you that have claimed that they look better in person than in pictures were right! Beautifull car. very well appointed and if a muscle car can be considered "classy", it was classy and (unfortunately IMO) made my 40th look somewhat dated.

To answer the original question in this thread the deal IS legit and it is to be shipped to a gentlman (or lady) in Arizona soon. The salesman mentioned that they are currently trying to procure another one.

Thanks for checking that out.

Thanks Torch. Believe me, it was my pleasure.

I'm tempted to go back, WITHOUT the wife but WITH the checkbook! :spiteful:

Better to ask for forgiveness then permission. Doesn't always work for me but give it a go.

Better to ask for forgiveness then permission. Doesn't always work for me but give it a go.

A quote to live (or divorce) by.

Whatever you're doing I give you mad props, you obviously have a very understanding wife,.....Me, not so much. You know a guy gotsta do what a guy gotsta do. Of course I have a son (that my wife fawns over) that runs interference for me. Howda think I got the Shelbys? Besides, if I listened to her I'd be barefoot and in the kitchen.

A quote to live (or divorce) by.

Whatever you're doing I give you mad props, you obviously have a very understanding wife,.....Me, not so much. You know a guy gotsta do what a guy gotsta do. Of course I have a son (that my wife fawns over) that runs interference for me. Howda think I got the Shelbys? Besides, if I listened to her I'd be barefoot and in the kitchen.

"I'd be barefoot and in the kitchen" :hysterical2:

I'm very lucky Marji will listen when I have a new car project idea. She may not agree with me but to start a new car I must follow three rules,

1) Only one car project at a time.

2) Can't go in debt for it.

3) She gets to pick all vacation destinations.

Working out so far :rockon:

"I'd be barefoot and in the kitchen" :hysterical2:

I'm very lucky Marji will listen when I have a new car project idea. She may not agree with me but to start a new car I must follow three rules,

1) Only one car project at a time.

2) Can't go in debt for it.

3) She gets to pick all vacation destinations.

Working out so far :rockon:

Well, I'm not as fortunate as you, but my wife says that if I'm especially good she'll promote me to "barefoot and in the Shelby"..........I'll take that!

Archived