TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT 350 for $90,000 - SOLD on ebay

Here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320621968523&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

$90,000 for a 2011 GT 350 on ebay - SOLD. I find this rather suspect, as I find many other sales and bogus "bid-ups" on ebay.

So what are your thoughts? Did someone with too much money pay more than $10,000 over sticker price for a GT 350, or, are a few of the boys having fun with the "bid-it-up button?" :headscratch:

And how about that sticker price of $79,000.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try Steve! A lot of "smoke and mirrors" on ebay - and elsewhere.

Ebay does make it difficult to ferret out shill bidders but when someone uses the buy it now option that should remove any shill bidding suspicions. Although the buyer of this car doesn't have a huge feedback score they are not a newly opened account that screams scammer. I could be wrong but I also thought ebay forced bidders to verify their identity when placing bids over a certain amount. I would think a $90k bid would qualify for this verification and credit card on file.

About all anyone can do is to call the dealership next week and ask if they still have that GT350 for sale.

Steve

Here is the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320621968523&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

$90,000 for a 2011 GT 350 on ebay - SOLD. I find this rather suspect, as I find many other sales and bogus "bid-ups" on ebay.

So what are your thoughts? Did someone with too much money pay more than $10,000 over sticker price for a GT 350, or, are a few of the boys having fun with the "bid-it-up button?" :headscratch:

If someone paid that much that are a complete idiot and even worse than the jerkoff asking that price. aka...remember what happened to the GT500KR's? Do you realize many dealers still have KR's sitting around due to greed and stupidity. I am waiting to see what dealers do with the Boss 302's as I think this is absurd what FORD allows the dealers to do. I understand mark up but don't bother building something if they are going to let the dealers hold it for ransome

I'd say if it's legit, the guy will cry like most KR owners ($30,000 overpaid) and GT500 owners ($10,000 overpaid) that paid markup. Oh but it's 'rare', oh, but it's only going to be a 2 year/ maybe 3 year car. All Horsesh*t !!! Marketing b.s. :hysterical::hysterical:

So happy I fought for invoice when all were asking for $5-10k markup.

The car was bid-up and purchased one second before the auction ended. The final bid price was, coincidentally, the buy-it-now price.

Sorry but thats not what I see. The auction was listed on11/24 at 4:22 pm as a 7 day auction. That means it would end on 12/1 at 4:22pm unless someone used the buy it now option which someone did. On 11/30 at 10:25am someone used the buy it now option that ended the auction before its 7 day run.

I don't find it that unusal that someone would pay $10k above the cars cost to have it right now. Possibly someone wanted it as a holiday gift, who knows. Its not like they can go to another dealership for a GT350.

I just don't see any shadiness with this auction but as I mentioned earlier ebay no longer makes it easy to spot funny stuff. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Steve

Sorry but thats not what I see. The auction was listed on11/24 at 4:22 pm as a 7 day auction. That means it would end on 12/1 at 4:22pm unless someone used the buy it now option which someone did. On 11/30 at 10:25am someone used the buy it now option that ended the auction before its 7 day run.

I don't find it that unusal that someone would pay $10k above the cars cost to have it right now. Possibly someone wanted it as a holiday gift, who knows. Its not like they can go to another dealership for a GT350.

I just don't see any shadiness with this auction but as I mentioned earlier ebay no longer makes it easy to spot funny stuff. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Steve

You're correct Steve. I looked at it wrong :banghead: . It lasted six days as you noted. It was a seven day auction.

So, whats the angle for them to inflate a price for a false sale?

We all know the car is csm 99, so how could they resell it?

It seems like people should just know to come here first, but for people who have never used a forum or use the internet much, how would they know?

I bought my GT500 before I came on to Team Shelby. I happen to stumble on it when I was looking for a picture of the car I ordered. Then, when I bought the second one, I went through MM becasue I had a little knowledge.

As far as the guy being shady because he got 10k over MSRP for it, are you guys telling me you wouldnt take MORE than your car sells for MSRP if someone were to offer it? That doesnt seem likely, as I would bet the farm that anyone here would take the most they could get for anything they sell.

I mean, I dont really care. Its not my car, but it does interest me in the fact that I own one, and if this guy can get 10k more than he paid for one of the first, it has crossed my mind how much could I get for the VERY first 624 R tune buit by Shelby...not that I would sell it, but I have it insured for 100k....maybe that isnt enough? :shrug:

So, whats the angle for them to inflate a price for a false sale?

We all know the car is csm 99, so how could they resell it?

It seems like people should just know to come here first, but for people who have never used a forum or use the internet much, how would they know?

I bought my GT500 before I came on to Team Shelby. I happen to stumble on it when I was looking for a picture of the car I ordered. Then, when I bought the second one, I went through MM becasue I had a little knowledge.

As far as the guy being shady because he got 10k over MSRP for it, are you guys telling me you wouldnt take MORE than your car sells for MSRP if someone were to offer it? That doesnt seem likely, as I would bet the farm that anyone here would take the most they could get for anything they sell.

I mean, I dont really care. Its not my car, but it does interest me in the fact that I own one, and if this guy can get 10k more than he paid for one of the first, it has crossed my mind how much could I get for the VERY first 624 R tune buit by Shelby...not that I would sell it, but I have it insured for 100k....maybe that isnt enough? :shrug:

at least it gives a true indication at no. 99 how far the late start of production has reached. I am waiting for my 624 but am paitent as the work on the 66 gt350 keeps me busy.

Here is the ebay link.

I would say this was a legitimate sale. There would be no reason for a seller to have a shill bidder use the "Buy It Now" option,(and then have to pay the Final Value Fee) the normal shill bidding would just let the auction end at a "Reserve Not Met". The pricing of the car seems about right also, the options on this GT-350 includes the painted stripes, which alone are around $5,000. Also the seller is a Ford dealer which would have easy access financing. A lot of buyers with the big bucks and have the "I've got to have it now" bug would easily pay $89,900. I know several buyers who paid $10,000 over invoice on the SGTs when they first came out and look at the prices fetched for the GT-Hs when Hertz first sold them. Ebay has it's games for sure, but isn't all bad, and in this case is most likely ok. Just my opinion of course.

Only 10k over is a good starting point for the newest car from Shelby. If someone has the funds, why not.

Just like the SGT, GT500, KR,...................prices start high and it's all down hill from there. My .02

I would bet the farm that anyone here would take the most they could get for anything they sell.

? :shrug:

Warren you are far from being a farmer. How can you bet something that you don't have? :slapfight:

Now if you would have said I would bet my ESTATE then that would be accurate :confused:

:superhero:

at least it gives a true indication at no. 99 how far the late start of production has reached. I am waiting for my 624 but am paitent as the work on the 66 gt350 keeps me busy.

That might be true if the car were build in number order.....but unfortunately....they are not........if you call them and ask for # 222, they will build it if the number is available....

once they do.......there is no correlation to it being the 222nd car built........it could be the 10th, the 100th......there is no way of knowing..... :salute:

Only 10k over is a good starting point for the newest car from Shelby. If someone has the funds, why not.

Just like the SGT, GT500, KR,...................prices start high and it's all down hill from there. My .02

10K over is a drop in the bucket compared to what guys dropped to get the first few GT500s and or Ford GTs......

GT500s.....20....25....30k over....

Ford GTs......30.....50......75.....100k over.........yes, beleive it..........

those premium are laughable to the average guy.....but mean nothing to someone with wealth....

rich guys dont wait 6 months for a car to be built if they can write a check and get one now......regardless of price.

It wont help the value of the rest of the cars now or ever........its just the premium for the privileged..........

10K over is a drop in the bucket compared to what guys dropped to get the first few GT500s and or Ford GTs......

GT500s.....20....25....30k over....

Ford GTs......30.....50......75.....100k over.........yes, beleive it..........

those premium are laughable to the average guy.....but mean nothing to someone with wealth....

rich guys dont wait 6 months for a car to be built if they can write a check and get one now......regardless of price.

It wont help the value of the rest of the cars now or ever........its just the premium for the privileged..........

exactly right. true for all limited production toys, even Corvette Z06 and ZR1. that is why dealers will take advantage of the excessive markups when they can.

$10k extra to get the car right away instead of waiting 4 or 6 or 8 months (or more)? If I was buying an $80k car I would probably be willing to pay an extra 10K to avoid that long of a wait.

How many of you pay the valet $10 or 20 bucks to avoid the 2 minute walk? :hysterical:

And just think...the buyer got the car in the same year it was built and delivered to SAI. As opposed to the rest of us that will see our cars sometime next year if we're lucky. I'm thinking it would have been worth 10k not to have to go through this BS!!!...Just sayin'.

If someone paid that much that are a complete idiot and even worse than the jerkoff asking that price. aka...remember what happened to the GT500KR's? Do you realize many dealers still have KR's sitting around due to greed and stupidity. I am waiting to see what dealers do with the Boss 302's as I think this is absurd what FORD allows the dealers to do. I understand mark up but don't bother building something if they are going to let the dealers hold it for ransome

lol! we have 3 KR's here still priced at $85K still brand new...

Archived