TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 Laguna Seca or KR

REAL ONE

I am first on the list at my local dealer for the next Laguna Seca.

I don't need another Mustang nor do I have room for it.

Question and request for input.

Would you give up the KR for a Boss 302 Laguna Seca and why or why not?

Its one or the other for me.

Appreciate the input.

Appreciate the input.

I too was at the Boss reveal at Laguna Seca, and I really like Ford's direction. However, the colors on the LS are a little much for me, the "base" Boss in Orange was very hot looking.

I haven't driven the new Coyote yet, and all indications are that it is the business, that being said, There can only be one KING, and that my friend is the KR!

Also, what kind of driving do you do? The Boss may be a true canyon carver, and a great track day car. At 41k, the base Boss is a great deal, but you can build a wicked track car for considerably less (05/06 Mustang GT, bolt on a whipple do the suspension, brake tire package, strip the interior, and POW, you'll run with the big dogs all day long)

Add to the stable, but I wouldn't trade.

When I owned a '70 Boss 302 back in '76-77, all I wanted was a GT500.

I haven't ever forgot that feeling. I'd never give up my KR for a new Boss!

For my driving, mostly highway cruising, the KR is the superior choice for me personally. And in that arena, say 3rd-4th gear pulls out on the Interstate, stock for stock, the '08-09 KR would kick that Boss's butt.

The Boss is a fine car, but it's not a Shelby. Plain and simple.

Cheers,

Mark

Appreciate the input.

The KR was a home run, the Boss not as much.

Your KR is 1 of 110 red cars produced for 2009 which will be more rare than the Boss car.

Your KR could end up being the last pre-title car to go thru Shelby's shop, something the Boss can't come close to matching.

Even non-car people recognize the Shelby name. Try explaining to a non car person what a Boss 302 LS car is.

And finally as others have mentioned, can you live with the Boy-Racer look of the LS compared to the muscular look of the King of the Road.

In my opinion you've already made the right decision with your KR ownership, no need to second guess yourself.

Steve

Appreciate the input.

Definitely I'd go with the KR. The Boss 302 is way too gawdy, in my opinion, and we really don't know where Ford is going to go with the Boss 302 as far as actual production numbers. The KR is genuine Shelby, very limited in number, with performance and classy looks as well.

Guys: Thanks for the replies.

It was just a thought and I managed to be #1 on the LS Boss list with my local dealer.

The SGT is my son's car eventhough its really mine. You know how that works.

The LS is nice and it was just a thought but...in the end there is only one King!

:salute:

Guys: Thanks for the replies.

It was just a thought and I managed to be #1 on the LS Boss list with my local dealer.

The SGT is my son's car eventhough its really mine. You know how that works.

The LS is nice and it was just a thought but...in the end there is only one King!

:salute:

Yep only one King but you can say that about the Boss.

• 1 month later...

Isn't it great that we even have these choices! Man, this is sure fun stuff and lot's to be excited about as a Shelby/Mustang/Ford fan. :happy feet:

It's an awesome time to be living in, for performance car enthusiasts. Sure, those '60s classics muscle cars were cool and still are, but now we have more choices than ever. 25 years ago, who would have thought we'd have 550 HP Mustangs, 560 HP Cadillacs, and 640 HP Corvettes..?

Anyway, as for the OP's question; I'm not choosing between the KR and a Boss LS. I think of the KR as the coolest high-power Mustang road cruiser, and the Boss LS as the streetable road-race Mustang. I'll likely always prefer the looks of my KR and all of the '05-'09 'stangs, to the newer ones. Who know; I may look for a Boss of some flavor in the future...But the KR is a keeper. :)

The KR was a home run, the Boss not as much.

Your KR is 1 of 110 red cars produced for 2009 which will be more rare than the Boss car.

Your KR could end up being the last pre-title car to go thru Shelby's shop, something the Boss can't come close to matching.

Even non-car people recognize the Shelby name. Try explaining to a non car person what a Boss 302 LS car is.

And finally as others have mentioned, can you live with the Boy-Racer look of the LS compared to the muscular look of the King of the Road.

In my opinion you've already made the right decision with your KR ownership, no need to second guess yourself.

Steve

Well said!

Anyone that is even thinking of BOSS ownership...in either variety...WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! Remember what happened to the GT500's? In 2009, they were sitting in lot's of places. Most, below MSRP.

History DO repeat it's damn self! :shades:

Great advice. Same thing happened to KRs. What was sold by many dealers at prices over $100K, can still be found new for mid $50s. I'll be waiting for a cheaper Boss. :)

I agree guys.

Now with the mideast about to implode and fuel prices set to sky rocket bringing the prices of commodities up I doubt the car market will do well. In times of trouble performance cars don't sell well. If you can wait and have the $ more bargains likely aree to be had with the new Boss...that is if we don't end up in WWIII.

Archived