TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Exhaust Tips

No, I think it would be even more of a problem when one tip sags. You would spot a square tip going out of alignment in a second.

Good point, which leads to the question...why is the left one sagging , even in the build shop?

The vid on the USA Today post that Roger put up, shows a 350 on the lift that has the rear seemingly done, and it's left tip sags too???

Is this a BORLA issue?

Good point, which leads to the question...why is the left one sagging , even in the build shop?

The vid on the USA Today post that Roger put up, shows a 350 on the lift that has the rear seemingly done, and it's left tip sags too???

Is this a BORLA issue?

Does anyone know why this happens? Is Shelby looking into this? I'm sure it's a minor fix. I didn't even get my car yet and it looks like I have my first repair. :hysterical:

A few of the exhaust pipes they are getting from Borla are just a bit too large. (like a couple mm) Since it is stainless steel, they cant be clamped tight if the tolerance is just slightly off. Shelby has a fix for it, but my fix was a simple tack weld. Seems to have corrected my problem, and can just be ground off if I have to remove or readjust for some reason. Apparently, they got a new clamp to correct the problem for future builds. Its a process when you design something unique like this.

A few of the exhaust pipes they are getting from Borla are just a bit too large. (like a couple mm) Since it is stainless steel, they cant be clamped tight if the tolerance is just slightly off. Shelby has a fix for it, but my fix was a simple tack weld. Seems to have corrected my problem, and can just be ground off if I have to remove or readjust for some reason. Apparently, they got a new clamp to correct the problem for future builds. Its a process when you design something unique like this.

Thanks for the clarification Warren.

:salute:

Archived