TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Camaro!

hotrodrock

This may have been posted in some other area of Teamshelby but I have not seen it in this section. Was watching Hot Rod TV today which was a show about Shelby's organization in Las Vegas and the Shelby cars and pickups built there. Shelby himself said they would now take in any kind of car you had and Shelbyize it. They will take your new Camaro or Challenger or anything else you had and put anything you want on it there in their shop. Guess it had to come to that eventually since fewer and fewer of the GT500s are being built that they can convert to other types of Shelbys.

I wonder what Ford and GM think about that? Just imagine Mustangs and Camaros sitting side by side being Shelbyized. What I did not see was any mention of any kind of badges, decals, or whatever that might be put on a car that comes out of their shop. Regardless of how Ford owners may feel about it, Shelby is running a business trying to make more money. I can't see them passing up the advertising gained by Camaro owners seeing a 800 hp Camaro and seeing something on the car emphasizing that it came from Shelbys shop.

I believe you are confusing the new Shelby Speed Shop with the established Shelby mod shop. The Shelby American Motorsports Speed Shop like many other Speed Shops across America will work on most if not all makes & models of cars. The Shelby mod shop continues only modifying its core group of models like the Super Snakes and Terlinguas.

Directly from the Speed Shop press release:

“While we specialize in all American high performance cars, our experienced team can tune and work on just about everything,” noted Gary Davis, vice president of Shelby American. “In addition to dyno tuning, we can install headers, cams, heads, cold air intakes, superchargers and other performance upgrades on all of the brands. From Shelbys to Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, F150s and Challengers, we can custom build just about anything a customer can dream. We’ve even tuned sand buggies.”

There will be no Shelby badging or CSM numbers coming out of the Speed Shop no matter how much the Camaro owners beg us ;)

Steve

Its not really Shelbyizing they are using their expertise to install blowers suspensions and other performance parts "a true MOD shop" But they do work on "other makes" LOL Before Gil merged with shelby he insta;;ed parts and dyno tuned my Harley Davidson V-rod..

this is what Gil did before merging

http://nevarezracing.com/

Before Gil came on board with Shelby I took my 2008 Shelby GT/SC after it was converted over to his shop a couple of buildings away from SAI to have my car dynoed and the air fuel ratios check before driving it 1,500 miles back to my house in Arkansas.

Scotty

This may have been posted in some other area of Teamshelby but I have not seen it in this section. Was watching Hot Rod TV today which was a show about Shelby's organization in Las Vegas and the Shelby cars and pickups built there. Shelby himself said they would now take in any kind of car you had and Shelbyize it. They will take your new Camaro or Challenger or anything else you had and put anything you want on it there in their shop. Guess it had to come to that eventually since fewer and fewer of the GT500s are being built that they can convert to other types of Shelbys.

I wonder what Ford and GM think about that? Just imagine Mustangs and Camaros sitting side by side being Shelbyized. What I did not see was any mention of any kind of badges, decals, or whatever that might be put on a car that comes out of their shop. Regardless of how Ford owners may feel about it, Shelby is running a business trying to make more money. I can't see them passing up the advertising gained by Camaro owners seeing a 800 hp Camaro and seeing something on the car emphasizing that it came from Shelbys shop.

I believe I heard them say a "Shelby Tuned" certificate....

I read the article and understand that it is an adjacent building. But regardless of a merge as others have stated, it is now operating under the auspices of the Shelby name. My only point being that in the past several years, the Shelby organization has been aligned with Ford products only, at least as far as the general public knew. The article states that documentation will be provided to prove the work was done by Shelby which I would guess will be a certificate of some type and not just a copy of the work invoice. If a Camaro owner brings his new Camaro in and has $30,000 dollars worth of work done on it, at least to me that is just as much a Shelby car as a Super Snake. If I bring my 500 in for just a blower change, I would guess it would be worked on in this new area and not where the Super Snakes and GT350's are being made which means it could be worked on next to that Camaro getting the $30,000 job. Makes absolutetly no difference to me if Shelby did make a Shelby Camaro because I understand "business is business". I am not a purist either since I owned two Z-28's 40 years ago or so.

Its not really Shelbyizing they are using their expertise to install blowers suspensions and other performance parts "a true MOD shop" But they do work on "other makes" LOL Before Gil merged with shelby he insta;;ed parts and dyno tuned my Harley Davidson V-rod..

this is what Gil did before merging

http://nevarezracing.com/

off topic but, 07-2937, I saw your car at the 427 track days in the Fall of 09. I like the lady on your antenna and the upside down cobra. Pretty cool.

How come you did not put the GT/SC stripes on the bottom? Do you prefer the stealth mode? I heard one guy with the GT/SC had someone as him if it stood for "Shelby Clone"? hahahaha! That was the only time I pondered not having the stripe redesignated but I decided to have em do it anyway.

Before Gil came on board with Shelby I took my 2008 Shelby GT/SC after it was converted over to his shop a couple of buildings away from SAI to have my car dynoed and the air fuel ratios check before driving it 1,500 miles back to my house in Arkansas.

Scotty

I did the same Gil gave great service...happy%20feet.gif

off topic but, 07-2937, I saw your car at the 427 track days in the Fall of 09. I like the lady on your antenna and the upside down cobra. Pretty cool.

How come you did not put the GT/SC stripes on the bottom? Do you prefer the stealth mode? I heard one guy with the GT/SC had someone as him if it stood for "Shelby Clone"? hahahaha! That was the only time I pondered not having the stripe redesignated but I decided to have em do it anyway.

As a side note I have no guage pack...so the side stripe is what gives mine away visually....after the car next to me thinks he's up on hp that is...I have had more than one Porsche driver staring at that side stripe after following me through a favorite corner of mine and a nice flat spot...(up to legal limits of course...) and then after they catch up....they are staring hard at the stripe...I smile every time....:hysterical:

I would hate to see it, but Shelby has crossed the line before...the Series 1 (Oldsmobile Aurora), the Dodges.....

The richest history and tradition, however, is with Ford...and that's where they should stay!!!

I would hate to see it, but Shelby has crossed the line before...the Series 1 (Oldsmobile Aurora), the Dodges.....

The richest history and tradition, however, is with Ford...and that's where they should stay!!!

No worries. Mr. Shelby said he is with Ford until they bury him which we all hope is not for a long, long, long time. Shelby is just offering a Shelby Tune and certification to anyone like many other performance shops.

LOL I wanted to be stealthy... but that doesnt work... Shelby cars look fast, therefore everyone wants to try and get some... I had the stripes in the trunk and decided to put em on. 20100116_003.jpg

now they know what whupped their ass lol!!!!! And the girl on my antenna is jenna jamison I met her at a few gatherings and got one of these lol I think they are available online lol

No worries. Mr. Shelby said he is with Ford until they bury him which we all hope is not for a long, long, long time. Shelby is just offering a Shelby Tune and certification to anyone like many other performance shops.

You didn't read the article did you. No, not just tunes. The Shelby shop will do anything to your car, regardless of make, that you want done to it. Far from being "just a tune."

You didn't read the article did you. No, not just tunes. The Shelby shop will do anything to your car, regardless of make, that you want done to it. Far from being "just a tune."

I didn't mean to sound that way friend. I saw Gary Patterson say they would welcome all makes and models. I didn't mean to make it sound as they were limiting anything. I in no way meant to sound argumentative or stating that the performance options would be limited to a tune. If you know me, you would know what I mean. You misunderstood stood me and I should try to communicate better. 2 masters degrees and my writing skills are still lacking. I understood and want to clarify that it sounds like the sky's the limit.

Archived