TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The GO Bunny hops out of Tasca

erupff

It's done and back home in NJ! Went to pick it up on saturday and drove it home via CT (after a short stop and pix at my brother's house). Well worth the wait, and everyone at Tasca was great. What was especially cool was the fact that they gave me a yellow bunny for the hood!

post-12176-041550100 1290950657_thumb.jpg

post-12176-014213000 1290950769_thumb.jpg

post-12176-073409500 1290950806_thumb.jpg

post-12176-076425100 1290950895_thumb.jpg

post-12176-092686000 1290950978_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I confess that is one model of Shelby I would love to own if I had another space int he garage. But I do not follow why it is of note that you got a yellow bunny on your car. Is that not the normal color bunny for a yellow car? I know I am probably just not up on my Terlingua stuff.

Jim

Very nice. I confess that is one model of Shelby I would love to own if I had another space int he garage. But I do not follow why it is of note that you got a yellow bunny on your car. Is that not the normal color bunny for a yellow car? I know I am probably just not up on my Terlingua stuff.

Jim

Hi Jim,

No, you are correct. Yellow bunny for a yellow car. I know the pix make the car look yellow, but it is actually grabber orange. Don't know why the car looks so yellow....anyway, grabber orange usually gets the silver rabbit instead.

Evan

Hi Jim,

No, you are correct. Yellow bunny for a yellow car. I know the pix make the car look yellow, but it is actually grabber orange. Don't know why the car looks so yellow....anyway, grabber orange usually gets the silver rabbit instead.

Evan

glad you pointed that out i seriously thought it was yellow. that is strange. but someone sent me a pic on their phone and grabber looked yellow as well. awsome car congradulations.

Great addition to the bunny club! Enjoy! :happy feet: :happy feet:

So how many actual, bona fide Terlingua automobiles are in or around the Club by now, two years and then some down the road from the introduction?

So how many actual, bona fide Terlingua automobiles are in or around the Club by now, two years and then some down the road from the introduction?

Hi Frank,

I will take a stab at this question with the best information I have. The true answer is I do not know for sure. I personally do my best to contact and keep up with Terlingua builds, due to my personal interest only but I do not catch them all. My best guess is around 40 and climbing but it could be more. The actual build numbers will not be known until this model is no longer available to be built and the total is counted with all the mod shops included. My understading is that this is true for all the models btw.

I just recently found a Terlingua, a Grey one, in the middle of the country for example that I did not know of. Maybe there are more?

One thing I can say, they are awfully fun to drive! A true wolf in sheeps clothing being so subtle and all LOL.... :hysterical3:

My best,

David aka Vorpal

Evan,

Just BEAUTIFUL. Would you be so kind and tell me who is your contact at Tasca? I am looking for a Ter. Deep Draw Hood.

Thanks! - If I am on the Island (long Island that is) I usually stop in NJ to see family. Hopefully, this summer (2011), I will make the trip again and may be we can meet for lunch.

Thanks again,

Doc - :salute:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's done and back home in NJ! Went to pick it up on saturday and drove it home via CT (after a short stop and pix at my brother's house). Well worth the wait, and everyone at Tasca was great. What was especially cool was the fact that they gave me a yellow bunny for the hood!

Welcome to the Bunny World and glad to see there's a bit more flexibility with the options for each build.

Back when Tasca built mine, Grabber Orange could only get Silver bunnies and gray/silver side stripe lettering/background.

Your color combo looks very nice.

Doc, call SPP for a deep draw hood.

Edit: as long as you meet the purchasing requirements.

you must own a SGT, Terlingua, CS-6/8, or Hertz to purchase.

Chris

tried that...........they claim it is out of stock and have so for several months.........no date when they will be in stock again........:shrug:

If Tasca has one, they'll sell it.......count on it. :salute:

Beautiful car, glad you enjoyed the trip back home.

Thanks to all for the kind words! To answer some of the questions (in no particular order).....

--Don't know what this bunny will do in the quarter, does anyone else know?

--My CSM # is 08TRT0303 (Astrid and Blip had theirs built at Tasca before me).

--My contact at Tasca Mod Shop was originally Dennis, and Don at the Mod Shop assisted me greatly. Both of them are great guys

and can answer any questions you have about a build or parts. NA V DOC, I grew up on Long Island (New Hyde Park in Nassau

County) and think it would be great to do lunch in the Spring or Summer sometime

--Am glad that Tasca ordered the yellow rabbit for me, thought I was getting silver and did not realize the choices had expanded!

--Thanks to you, David, for your Fear The Bunny club wit and wisdom. You are definitely way beyond nice and helpful!

--My wife has informed me that we have some snow here in the Highlands of Northern NJ, so the bunny won't be out of his hutch

until after the Spring rains of April and May have thoroughly washed all of the evil salt and sand off of the roads.

I hope everyone here has a great holiday season and that if at all possible you all are able to enjoy some quality time with your

friends,families, hobbies, and your Mustangs. Thank you all who have served in or are serving in the military for the sacrifices that

you make daily for us. My late father was a WWII Navy vet who served on DE 417 in the South Pacific and I have such a

tremendous respect and awe for all vets!

Terlingua Mustang Pix.jpg

terlingua5.jpg

terlingua8.jpg

Terlingua1.jpg

terlingua4.jpg

Very nice ride, :salute:323010-R1-11-14A.jpg

323010-R1-11-14A.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived