TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motorcraft 5W-50 Cheap?

venom

I believe my dealer wants close to 9 a quart for this stuff.

Does anyone know of any box stores that carry this at a discount?

Or should I search for a Full Synthetic replacement like Mobil-1 etc?

I checked my local Walmart and they don't either Mobil-1 or Motorcraft in that viscosity!

I checked my local Walmart and they don't either Mobil-1 or Motorcraft in that viscosity!

We have a 2007 SS and have checked into this at each oil change. The Mobil 1 is still only available north of the border and the Motorcraft is still only available through Ford and a few online vendors. One thing I have found is that the price can vary as much as $2 a quart from dealer to dealer so shop around. As for the Castrol, my blood runs blue so for 1 oil change a year I will stick with the Motorcraft. Nothing against Castrol just my preference.

I've yet to see any local stores carry the 5w-50 oil...but, several members over in the 2010-11 section get their oil from this online retailer:

http://k-mansparts.com/items/motorcraft-filters-/fluids/motorcraft-5w-50-full-synthetic-motor-oil-xo-5w50-qgt-quart-xo-5w50-qgt-detail.htm

It's $7.19 a quart and the cheapest I've seen for the Motorcraft oil. I've never ordered from them, but those that have, said their service is great. I just paid the extra and got mine from the dealership.

I'am a motorcraft dealer I buy my motorcraft at the same place the dealer does at the same cost it is about 7.19 a quart whole sell that is what I let all my shelby friends have it for my cost plus tax to bad you are not close to my town in TN. 428cj

I've yet to see any local stores carry the 5w-50 oil...but, several members over in the 2010-11 section get their oil from this online retailer:

http://k-mansparts.com/items/motorcraft-filters-/fluids/motorcraft-5w-50-full-synthetic-motor-oil-xo-5w50-qgt-quart-xo-5w50-qgt-detail.htm

It's $7.19 a quart and the cheapest I've seen for the Motorcraft oil. I've never ordered from them, but those that have, said their service is great. I just paid the extra and got mine from the dealership.

I just ordered from them tonight. I ordered from them last time a i needed oil, and had no issues, even the shipping price wasn't too bad.

neo

Archived