TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR for Black Friday

Cali_KR

While the rest of the world was shopping for handbags and flat screens, I went out and picked up a 2008 GT500KR, #552. Only 1482 miles on the clock. The sun was setting when I got home, so these are the only pix I got....so far....

KR_1.jpg

safely tucked into her sleeping area .... amongst friends....

KR_garage.jpg

Nice car Tommy, Best thing is you helped a person who needed it, This car was bought by a old gentleman who passed away after 3 months of purchasing this car, She was trying to sell it on her own, She really wanted to sell it to a person who loved Shelby's and I think she picked a good guy, she or her kids emailed me and said thank you, she was in tears for an hour after you left, Enjoy

Nice car Tommy, Best thing is you helped a person who needed it, This car was bought by a old gentleman who passed away after 3 months of purchasing this car, She was trying to sell it on her own, She really wanted to sell it to a person who loved Shelby's and I think she picked a good guy, she or her kids emailed me and said thank you, she was in tears for an hour after you left, Enjoy

dbackg is correct, great story behind the KR. Thanks for sharing Rick.

I met the seller during SAAC-35 this past August. I noticed the 'For Sale' sign in the window, and struck up a conversation with her. She told me the story about her husband, and although he had owned this car for the shortest period of time, it was most certainly his favorite. In fact, during his hospice, his friend would come over, bring him out to the car, and take him for drives....

I didn't consider buying the KR at that time, as financially, it just wasn't in the radar. Fast forward to today, over the past month, the idea of acquiring a KR (It had to be a 2008 to bookend our 1968) started to take root. I'd sent Rick a text one day saying I was hunting for a KR. He asked if I'd contacted Sandy about her's. I didn't have her contact info, but Rick said he thought he may still have it, and would forward it to me. The next day, he sent me her phone and email.

I contacted her on Friday the 19th asking if she still had the KR, and was it still for sale. She replied yes, and turned me over to a family friend of hers that was helping her with her husbands cars. We talked, and by the Monday the 21st. we had an agreement. With work and Thanksgiving, we arranged to meet yesterday to pick up the car.

I will be looking forward to driving #552 to Bash #4 in January! See you then

My 19 y.o. son Taylor came with me, he drove the '08 GT500 convertible home, and yes, the drive was spirited !!! :shift:

KR_2.JPG

KR_2.JPG

I met the seller during SAAC-35 this past August. I noticed the 'For Sale' sign in the window, and struck up a conversation with her. She told me the story about her husband, and although he had owned this car for the shortest period of time, it was most certainly his favorite. In fact, during his hospice, his friend would come over, bring him out to the car, and take him for drives....

I didn't consider buying the KR at that time, as financially, it just wasn't in the radar. Fast forward to today, over the past month, the idea of acquiring a KR (It had to be a 2008 to bookend our 1968) started to take root. I'd sent Rick a text one day saying I was hunting for a KR. He asked if I'd contacted Sandy about her's. I didn't have her contact info, but Rick said he thought he may still have it, and would forward it to me. The next day, he sent me her phone and email.

I contacted her on Friday the 19th asking if she still had the KR, and was it still for sale. She replied yes, and turned me over to a family friend of hers that was helping her with her husbands cars. We talked, and by the Monday the 21st. we had an agreement. With work and Thanksgiving, we arranged to meet yesterday to pick up the car.

I will be looking forward to driving #552 to Bash #4 in January! See you then

My 19 y.o. son Taylor came with me, he drove the '08 GT500 convertible home, and yes, the drive was spirited !!! :shift:

Up a little early Tom? Get any sleep?

Great holiday story. Thanks for sharing it. It sounds like the owner really valued the love he had for his KR and wanted above all, to find a good home for his favorite car in memory of him. Your garage pretty much speaks for itself on finding that Shelby lover. It worked out great for everyone over this holiday season. Congratulations!

I wish my garage was high enough to put that lift in. I have to build a shed to put all the kids bikes in, which my wife doesn't want me to do as it will upset the feng shui of the backyard in her opinion. I personally don't think it will as we have over a .5 acre. And besides, the kids will love building it with me. I'll make it look like a cottage, so I think it will add to the appearance, me personally. But the lift would be the preferred way as it can be used for so many other things besides storing the car.

Tall ceilings in the garage......another wish list item for the next house. Or a 4/5/6 car garage which beats my 3 car with 8ft ceilings! My neighbors make me sick with their 10 car garages, lifts, and compressed air lines from the ceiling!

Congratulations to you Thomas. Other than the original owners passing, it's a great story too. It's good to see that the car went to a good, Shelby-loving home. You could almost say that it was destiny that brought all the parties together.

I thought the highlight of this thread was the great story of the purchase of this KR. But it turns out, oddly, that I'm continually drawn to the avatar of Joker. Gravity and earth quakes, are, as it turns out, a wonderful thing to ponder repeatedly.

But I digress......

Hmm. Just wonderin', but does your son work just a little north, up 101 from you?

Seeing how SC closed down (last I heard) I'd have to assume he either works just north of just south from you. If just south, I know ALL the folks there.

Yeah, I know it's kryptic but Tom knows what/were I mean.

Phill (don't wanna say too much in public) Pollard

Archived