TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to Board with a ?

Clears

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have a question. I am looking into a 2007 40th anniversary GT500 and was wondering if there is a way to verify the authenticity of this car. Also, if it is authentic, is there a way to verify how many of the parts were installed at Shelby and also if it has been built from shelby with the Super Snake option? Thanks all for any and all help.

Mark

Hi and Welcome. Yes, there is a awy BUT, you need the VIN.#. If you have that, contact the Shelby American Registry. Click on the Link to see who to contact.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52500-meet-your-shelby-american-registrars/

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have a question. I am looking into a 2007 40th anniversary GT500 and was wondering if there is a way to verify the authenticity of this car. Also, if it is authentic, is there a way to verify how many of the parts were installed at Shelby and also if it has been built from shelby with the Super Snake option? Thanks all for any and all help.

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Feel free to email me the VIN &CSM numbers from the car you're looking at. The CSM number will be found on a dash plaque and an engine plaque mounted to the radiator support. See my signature line for my email address.

I'll research the car for you and let you know if it went thru one of the Shelby Mod Shops.

Steve

Hi all,

Mark

Hi Mark and welcome to this site, you are in good hands here....Keep us posted about the 40th....by the way an awesome car...

Alexandros

Thanks guys.......you are awesome. I have a request in to the seller for the VIN and I will ask about the CSM number to see if he will provide both. We will see, fingers crossed, however, I am slightly hesitant as it seems too good to be true. Thanks again for the warm welcomes and support.

Mark

Mark,

A good Shelby deal might be very real. This economy has been absolutely terrible and has forced some individuals to unload their best toys. Get the numbers from the current owner and have the registry run them. Keep us posted.

BTW, where in Cali are you?

I would add we are also a fantastic group of owners with some very unique Shelbys. Hope this 40th is authentic so you can join the best of the best.

Welcome to the clubhouse Mark! Like so many have said already there is a great support team here and you may be able to find someone who could look at the car for you just to make sure it's not a scam! VIN numbers can be copied at car show or a parking lot for all it matters. I have heard of people that have seen people writing down that info to make a clone!

Good luck with the car!

Edit to add link...... here's the link to which I speak.....http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45628-so-a-funny-thing-happened-at-work-today/page__p__753948__hl__prison__fromsearch__1#entry753948

Thanks alot guys.

To answer earlier questions, I am in the Inland Empire in SoCal. I am awaiting a response from the alleged owner of the 40th, however, he has told me that he is away. We will see what happens. Everything that he is telling me seems to add up, but especially in todays day and age, it is very difficult to tell if someone is being legit or just trying to find another sucker. I will keep you guys abreast of what is going on with the 40th. The car is the same color combo as MY500SS's white one in his sig. Again, thank you all for all of your support, it helps to know there are awesome people out there looking to help another gear head out.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I sent you an email. Just a comment:

This very same car was offered for sale in Autoweek magazine in February 2010 for $75K. I find it hard to believe the owner changed his mind and now is offering it at $21K. Also, the car says it's in Idaho and he is overseas??? This smells like a scam and I would steer clear of this deal. Too many inconsistencies. Also, the real owner has well over $80K invested in this car! If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is... Just be careful.

Good Luck.

Stuart

Mark, you might try getting in touch with Jon Haggard (07CSM260), he had his Red 40th Coupe for sale a few months back. I think it had 12,000 miles and he was asking around $40,000. This is a car that we all know and was well kept.

Mark, you might try getting in touch with Jon Haggard (07CSM260), he had his Red 40th Coupe for sale a few months back. I think it had 12,000 miles and he was asking around $40,000. This is a car that we all know and was well kept.

That car was just sold to guy in Florida... Not sure of the details or the $$$, but he loaded it up on a car hauler a few weeks ago...

Gregg

07SGT0547

This very same car was offered for sale in Autoweek magazine in February 2010 for $75K. I find it hard to believe the owner changed his mind and now is offering it at $21K. Also, the car says it's in Idaho and he is overseas??? This smells like a scam....

THAT...is a scam.

That is how all of the scams I've ever seen work.

Car is somewhere in the States, but you will NEVER be able to see it in person. Seller is overseas...London in many cases.

I don't need to know ANY more. I can tell you with certainty, it's a scam.

Don't walk away from it....RUN!

Phill

THAT...is a scam.

That is how all of the scams I've ever seen work.

Car is somewhere in the States, but you will NEVER be able to see it in person. Seller is overseas...London in many cases.

I don't need to know ANY more. I can tell you with certainty, it's a scam.

Don't walk away from it....RUN!

Phill

+1... if that IS what the guy said... he's just doing a copy/paste scam. As typical as it gets. Sucks to find out sometimes, especially when you get your hopes up, But it's better than getting screwed for $21k.

But fact is I'd bet $21k, that you'll never find a SS for $21k... regardless of the ecomony. There will ALWAYS be someone that will pay much more than that for one.

Archived