TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First drive

davegt500

Driving it home from delivery noticed the unique feel of shifting. Nothing at all like my new then 1966 SS396 Chevelle.

This reminds me somewhat of shifting a boat forward to reverse with that tele flex cable they use....remote like and "clunk" when it goes into gear. Takes getting used to no doubt.

My my...the owners manual alone is 326 pages!

Dave grats on the new ride. I have found for easier 1-2 WOT shifts: Have your seat in an upright position, depress the clutch to the floor, then pull the stick fairly hard to your ribs/belly button (not straight back like it feels you should). I've noticed I have to pay attention with these trannys or I'll end up missing a gear or grinding (unlike driving a manual shift low HP/TQ car).

Driving it home from delivery noticed the unique feel of shifting. Nothing at all like my new then 1966 SS396 Chevelle.

This reminds me somewhat of shifting a boat forward to reverse with that tele flex cable they use....remote like and "clunk" when it goes into gear. Takes getting used to no doubt.

My my...the owners manual alone is 326 pages!

I was amazed when I drove my car for the first time. The shifter as you say took a little getting used to. I was used to a lot more travel from gear to gear with the stick. But I love how compact it is and just the overall feel of it. And pressing the clutch pedal was another thing that shocked me. So easy!

I think I've read about 10 pages of the 326 manual. LOL!

Archived