TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS Progrm (CS6/CS8)

Shelby CS8

Hey Guys,

I would like to offer my help in any way to people having questions about the CS6/CS8. Through my former employer, I worked very closely with SAI on the CS program. My envolvement started in the Spring of '06 and continued on through the hight of the project. I worked very closely with Amy on the project even doing the test fittment requirements on the very first CS8 which happens to be mine. My former employer will despute my car being first...lol, but magazine tech articles and photo records will show otherwise....asside from my car being operational and completely finished in early October '06.

So if there are any questions I can help with, I'd be more than glad to help. Most of the CS cars built worldwide (outside of SAI) were built or bought through me, so im sure I know most of you out there.

Hey Guys,

I would like to offer my help in any way to people having questions about the CS6/CS8. Through my former employer, I worked very closely with SAI on the CS program. My envolvement started in the Spring of '06 and continued on through the hight of the project. I worked very closely with Amy on the project even doing the test fittment requirements on the very first CS8 which happens to be mine. My former employer will despute my car being first...lol, but magazine tech articles and photo records will show otherwise....asside from my car being operational and completely finished in early October '06.

So if there are any questions I can help with, I'd be more than glad to help. Most of the CS cars built worldwide (outside of SAI) were built or bought through me, so im sure I know most of you out there.

Jason, I think your help and expertise would benefit future CS6/CS8 greatly.

I believe you were the one I was dealing with @ HB back in 06 when I started my conversion. I believe I ordered the front fascia from you and the rest threw SAI.

I still have that issue where your CS8 was featured. I have great respect for all you've done for the CS program.Even though my CS is heavily Mod'd and I will never get a dash plaque or be able to official register my CS, I still consider my CS6-X as one of the rare CS family.

Continued success with your company and thanks for pioneering the Shelby CS6/CS8.

LLCS6,

I am certainly flattered at your comments. However, I don’t want you to think that I pioneered the CS program; I was just there to help a lending hand. The concept and prototype car were already built when I got involved. Most of my help was promoting and pushing the CS program. My involvement became more in depth when we finally got the ok to build the first CS8's. But I was there through all of the trials and tribulations of Shelby getting the program off the ground and in the hands of owners. Please understand all the credit is due to Shelby. I just have extensive experience in it and would lend some info should anyone need it.

• 1 month later...

Jason,

I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with you but I read a lot of positive comments about you and remember seeing your CS in a magazine a few years back.

By any chance do you have any of the SAI / SEMA material, preferably if you have duplicates, that you'd be willing to part with?

Steve

• 2 months later...

Now that the CS6/CS8 kits are discontinued - what comes next?

Is there still access to the parts?

Is there any access to a complete kit still?

I was really hoping to build one of these for my Wife.

Go with the Terlingua..

All the same performance upgrades, share some of the same parts and roughly the same cost in the end plus it has a functional deep draw hood which IS required with the supercharged application as the CS6 heat soaks very quickly in stock mode.

BIG difference..CSM number with the Terlingua and basic dash plaque with the CS6 and we were all told in no uncertain terms that a CSM number will NEVER be issued..

CS6 maybe looked at down the pipe as a one shot venture at a "Build your own Shelby" that never really took off which may be considered exceptionally rare and very valuable..

or it could be a complete dud....sort of like the Ford Edsel....

CS6 short term is a big investment without any possible chance of return for many years to come and I'm not talking profit, I'm just considering basic resale value.

I have the roughly cost of a new GT-500 invested in mine and I'd be very lucky if I could get half that back if I needed too and honestly that is a stretch.

I love my CS6 and I personally believe it was one of the best design efforts ever put forth by Shelby and the balance and performance are second to none for a V6 application

but unfortunately, the lack of support, credentials and lineage greatly out weigh the cost and effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the kits are still available online, but are the parts still there? I only ask because I have a few CS parts already waiting go on, and am just now considering doing the whole conversion.

When you say that the "kits" are still available online I'm not sure if you're referring to SPP or an online retail seller of SPP parts. If you're referring to SPP you'll need to contact them to verify this but I'm pretty sure that they can no longer supply a complete kit. If you're referring to an online retail seller you'll need to verify that they have a complete kit in stock as a lot of these online sellers advertise SPP parts that they don't actually stock and that they wont be able to purchase from SPP after you place an order from them.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

When you say that the "kits" are still available online I'm not sure if you're referring to SPP or an online retail seller of SPP parts. If you're referring to SPP you'll need to contact them to verify this but I'm pretty sure that they can no longer supply a complete kit. If you're referring to an online retail seller you'll need to verify that they have a complete kit in stock as a lot of these online sellers advertise SPP parts that they don't actually stock and that they wont be able to purchase from SPP after you place an order from them.

Steve

I hear what your saying ,, :lurk:140103-R1-10-9A.jpg

140103-R1-10-9A.jpg

Archived