TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boost upgrade

georgefrye

[size="7] I am thinking of installing the Lethal Performance Boost upgrade kit and have concerns on voiding my warranty. Anyone on the forum heard of problems when going in for warranty work with Ford?

George [/size]

Yes there have been,even for just an underpulley, and they didnt cover a new clutch--but others seem to be able to get coverage,depending on the item.For me, id assume it aint covered,unless you can reverse it before you bring the car in.The TVS is covered,but I think only a year

Yes there have been,even for just an underpulley, and they didnt cover a new clutch--but others seem to be able to get coverage,depending on the item.For me, id assume it aint covered,unless you can reverse it before you bring the car in.The TVS is covered,but I think only a year

That don't seem right because Roush and Ford racing also sell the products to raise boost. Thanks for the reply

George

That don't seem right because Roush and Ford racing also sell the products to raise boost. Thanks for the reply

George

If it's a post-title vehicle build, Roush assumes the warranty obligation - or for individual components for modifications made after taking delivery , the warranty from Ford Racing, Roush, or the respective aftermarket vendor and applies to the aftermarket component only. If Ford determines the modification caused any other component to fail, the warranty for the affected component is null and void.

A lot depends upon the dealer's skill and ability to gain warranty approval from Ford - and some are most certainly better than others. YMMV, but not the fact that anything you do is at your own risk.

Caveat modder.

Archived