TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVTPP OEM Wheel Alternative Found

Madlock

Wow. Those 305/30's look tiny - particularly compared to a 35 aspect on the 20" SVTPP wheel. Do you notice any impact by a smaller rear tire diameter than front?

Actually it's only 0.3" difference in diameter. I previously had 275/35/19s on 2010 GT500 wheels all four corners. It actually feels better cornering (If thats the correct term) with the 305s in the rear. I also have the FAYS2 system.

I am going to lower the rear a tad so that the gap between the wheel well and the top of the tire is not so large. Right now it has stock vert springs.

Don't know if I read this right but the GT500 supplemental says in it somewhere to not any wider tires on the front of the car. I can't see how the back could hurt though.

Right. I guess I should have asked Ford's permission to run wider tires. :yup:

Don't know if I read this right but the GT500 supplemental says in it somewhere to not any wider tires on the front of the car. I can't see how the back could hurt though.

ScreenHunter_01Apr161357.gif?t=1302976710

Pretty ambiguous, especially considering that most here aren't interested in "assuring original performance" (thank goodness).

http://www.shnack.com/docs/gt500.ownerssupp.pdf

Archived