TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory tour

BUCKEYE

Has anyone had the opportunity to witness there shelby being built at the factory ? If so How did you get it done ?

I think our one and only Robert Lane is working on a top secret mission trying to get the real poop on this. More to come...........

Has anyone had the opportunity to witness there shelby being built at the factory ? If so How did you get it done ?

Back in 2005, our Mustang club (The Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association) managed to get a factory tour for it's members. There are some photos here but no photos are allowed inside the plant. Of course, the Shelby wasn't being built then but it was fantastic to see the whole process from start to finish. One of our tour guides was really excited about getting to build the Shelby and told us that he had already put a deposit down at a dealership to get on the list.

Getting the tour wasn't easy. We had a large group and we ended up getting rescheduled a couple of times. Once there we had to watch a safety video, sign a waiver and then listen to a lecture on what we could and could not do inside the plant before being allowed in while wearing safety goggles. I don't think it would be possible to schedule a tour to see a specific car being built.

Edit:

Sorry. After posting this I realized that it was in the Shelby GT forum so you may have been asking about a Shelby factory tour. I was talking about the Flat Rock factory tour where the GT500 is built.

Back in 2005, our Mustang club (The Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association) managed to get a factory tour for it's members. There are some photos here but no photos are allowed inside the plant. Of course, the Shelby wasn't being built then but it was fantastic to see the whole process from start to finish. One of our tour guides was really excited about getting to build the Shelby and told us that he had already put a deposit down at a dealership to get on the list.

Getting the tour wasn't easy. We had a large group and we ended up getting rescheduled a couple of times. Once there we had to watch a safety video, sign a waiver and then listen to a lecture on what we could and could not do inside the plant before being allowed in while wearing safety goggles. I don't think it would be possible to schedule a tour to see a specific car being built.

Edit:

Sorry. After posting this I realized that it was in the Shelby GT forum so you may have been asking about a Shelby factory tour. I was talking about the Flat Rock factory tour where the GT500 is built.

If it's the Shelby tour you want to take, that's easy. Just be at the main Shelby building in Las Vegas any weekday at 10am and the tours begin. You get to see a lot of old and new Shelby creations and then look into the production area. It was very interesting as we were there last week. There was over 600 GTs in their lot waiting to become Shelby GTs.

If it's the Shelby tour you want to take, that's easy. Just be at the main Shelby building in Las Vegas any weekday at 10am and the tours begin. You get to see a lot of old and new Shelby creations and then look into the production area. It was very interesting as we were there last week. There was over 600 GTs in their lot waiting to become Shelby GTs.

I am thinking about a trip to LV this spring to play and visit SAI's plant. I am thinking of going the 1st week in April. :hyper:

I am thinking about a trip to LV this spring to play and visit SAI's plant. I am thinking of going the 1st week in April. :hyper:

Badboy will be in Las Vegas the week on March 12..Hopefully he will get a chance to visit the plant. I know he is planning on it. Wish I could have gone with him, but someone has to stay home and deal with the kids. :mad: Oh well, Im sure I will hear all about it..

Badboy will be in Las Vegas the week on March 12..Hopefully he will get a chance to visit the plant. I know he is planning on it. Wish I could have gone with him, but someone has to stay home and deal with the kids. :mad: Oh well, Im sure I will hear all about it..

shlbygrl,

We all know you have the more difficult job. :yup: I respect that.

Hope you get the chance to go out for a ride an your GT500 soon ! :shift:

shlbygrl,

We all know you have the more difficult job. :yup: I respect that.

Hope you get the chance to go out for a ride an your GT500 soon ! :shift:

Thanks Grabber. It is a very difficukt job, but I wouldnt give it up for all the money in the world, or nope, not even a Shelby ..!!As far as a ride, not happening to soon. Alo of salt on the roads lately....Gotta wait until spring now!!! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Edit:

I just returned today from Detroit and taking a tour of the Flat Rock plant. I was able to get pictures of my actual car and of the assembly line. TheMustangSource worked out the deal for me to go and I will be forwarding the pictures to them. At the end of the tour they took me for a ride on the track in a GT500 as that will be closer in comparison to my S-GT with the supercharger. It was a lot of fun.

I will also be doing the same for the SA side as well and Scothew, again from theMustangSource will be writing a story on the whole process with pictures. I'm hoping to make it to Las Vegas mid to late April, job restrictions prevent me from going earlier. I will post again once the story is up.

Crispy had an idea this was coming but it was a sudden trip so I was unable to post anything ahead of time...had to make it up there for my particular car. As an added bonus I was able to get the build sheet right off my car as well.

I will keep you all posted on when the full story is posted.

I just returned today from Detroit and taking a tour of the Flat Rock plant. I was able to get pictures of my actual car and of the assembly line. TheMustangSource worked out the deal for me to go and I will be forwarding the pictures to them. At the end of the tour they took me for a ride on the track in a GT500 as that will be closer in comparison to my S-GT with the supercharger. It was a lot of fun.

I will also be doing the same for the SA side as well and Scothew, again from theMustangSource will be writing a story on the whole process with pictures. I'm hoping to make it to Las Vegas mid to late April, job restrictions prevent me from going earlier. I will post again once the story is up.

Crispy had an idea this was coming but it was a sudden trip so I was unable to post anything ahead of time...had to make it up there for my particular car. As an added bonus I was able to get the build sheet right off my car as well.

I will keep you all posted on when the full story is posted.

Please do keep us posted. Can you give us some photos ? and show us the build sheet too ?

You are very lucky to get a inside look. Wow, I am jealous!

Please do keep us posted. Can you give us some photos ? and show us the build sheet too ?

You are very lucky to get a inside look. Wow, I am jealous!

Let me see if this will work....

First picture is of my car at the beginning of the tour, for some reason it looks blurry now. The second is a close up of the build sheet on my car. The rest of the pictures I have to save for theMustangSource as they are the ones that made it all possible for me, but I did want you guys to see the build sheet. Plus I know sooner or later the cries of "liar" would pop up.

post-148-1174351226_thumb.jpg

post-148-1174351283_thumb.jpg

post-148-1174351226_thumb.jpg

post-148-1174351283_thumb.jpg

Let me see if this will work....

First picture is of my car at the beginning of the tour, for some reason it looks blurry now. The second is a close up of the build sheet on my car. The rest of the pictures I have to save for theMustangSource as they are the ones that made it all possible for me, but I did want you guys to see the build sheet. Plus I know sooner or later the cries of "liar" would pop up.

NICE JOB, Mil!

That is GREAT!!!!! You gotta keep us posted on ~all~ this!!! :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

Yes, I was the first to be invited to do the Museum Delivery Program. The folks at Shelby rolled out the red carpet for my wife and I. We were presented with #56 Black/manual/all available options. It was a way too cool tour and about 100 pictures were taken. I am hoping to get Mustang Monthly to publish an article I wrote entitle "Come-n Get Your Shelby" If you have a chance to go there, look for the 30 feet of rubber in front of their door. Yep, it was me.

Archived