TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 gt 500

shelbymarie

:finger:are they going to make a 2008 gt 500 or is this car just going to run over into 2008 before all of them are built? and it appears that every one pays over sticker, i work for a german car dealership and am going to buy one from one of our sister stores and will still have to pay 15k over......any thoughts

:finger:are they going to make a 2008 gt 500 or is this car just going to run over into 2008 before all of them are built? and it appears that every one pays over sticker, i work for a german car dealership and am going to buy one from one of our sister stores and will still have to pay 15k over......any thoughts

There is going to be a 2008 and the option to do a 2009 is very well possible.

THere will be a 2008 and it will start build this summer. When the time comes, 07s are done, allocations filled or not. Unfilled allocations will be rolled over to 08s. One thing that is for sure as of today is that the bottom line price on the window sticker IS going up. The EPA web site at www.fueleconomy.gov now shows the new 2008 fuel economy numbers and the Gas Guzzler tax on the GT-500 just went up from $1300 to $2100. There may even be a GGT on the Mustang GT now but not sure there. Fords Average corp fuel economy numbers are in trouble....

THere will be a 2008 and it will start build this summer. When the time comes, 07s are done, allocations filled or not. Unfilled allocations will be rolled over to 08s. One thing that is for sure as of today is that the bottom line price on the window sticker IS going up. The EPA web site at www.fueleconomy.gov now shows the new 2008 fuel economy numbers and the Gas Guzzler tax on the GT-500 just went up from $1300 to $2100. There may even be a GGT on the Mustang GT now but not sure there. Fords Average corp fuel economy numbers are in trouble....

thanks jc...can you provide the exact link on that page where you find the 2008 specs? I can't find them.

Dave

Like I said on another thread, this Gas Guzzler tax increase is just another form of ADM for all of those that held out for MSRP and bashed the current owners. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

does this site show where the GGT goes from 1300 to $2100 or does that come from another site?

does this site show where the GGT goes from 1300 to $2100 or does that come from another site?

The GGT table is on a different page. The table is based on combined city/highway number. We know the current GGT so finding the one for 2mpg further down the chart for the 08 model is easy to look up.

The GGT table is on a different page. The table is based on combined city/highway number. We know the current GGT so finding the one for 2mpg further down the chart for the 08 model is easy to look up.

As I mentioned in another post, there is no guarantee this will happen. Since the change in mileage is a measurement issue, my guess is that EPA will change the taxes such that the GG on all cars stays about the same. I may be wrong...only time will tell.

Dave

Man. Are the dealers that clueless or are they just trying to convince themselves that they're going to make a "boatload" of cash on each and every 500? Either way there seems to be an awful lot of "DEALER BUNK" being strewn out at the FORD dealers these days.

I've been calling dealers around me that supposedly have 500's in stock. I've been finding them alright but the asking prices are still outrageous. I spoke to one dealership owner who told me that he took delivery of the only 500 they were getting for himself. He said, "brace yourself and go find one if you can. They're only making these for one year only (2007) so you better pay whatever they're asking and grab one. I turned down 80K for this one and it's in my garage".

Isn't that a riot? Even after I told him that press releases were out and that the old SVT group would still confirm this if called. He wasn't having any of it and tried convincing me on all counts that there will be no '08 or 09' GT-500s for that matter. How could the owner of a dealership be that "out of the loop"?

Guess they're trying REAL hard to justify the reasons why they're screwing JOHN Q PUBLIC over with these cars. These dealers live dangerous lives. I would NOT want to be anywhere near the guy that comes in with his 500 when he found out that the 08's are in production; this after he shelled out 80K for one!

• 3 months later...

Archived