TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to max performance...safely?

Im sure you do...but notice how I didnt even ask? :salute:

BTW- Im not suggesting there is no skill involved in drag racing, but merely stating that for ME, I need more time in a seat and at least one hairpin turn before I feel any kind of payoff...

Well, that's why I noted that I didn't doubt you and defended your comments to a point, except you have no place to challenge me for claiming a 12.50 1/4 mile, with a trap speed of 129. That's not groundbreaking. Google the lethal performance car that has done the same, with the same power and none of my suspension upgrades. Or, actually FuLLY read one o my posts as you have a habit of skipping the details and proof I do provide. I posted a pic of the mustang Dyno numbers, and you still ask for proof in the same exact thread, or you doubt my trap speed on a slower run, but I provide a picture of the faster run slip, so you focus on something different. I'm just saying- it SEEMS like there is an antagonistic element in a few members posts, but I don't care. I know what my car did and dint do...it isn't making it any better or worse of a car no matter what you WANT to think about.

I will admit- never heard of uncle Doug, but I don't know a lot of people.

I have a friend with a Kenne Bell SGT with 535 HP at the wheels, who has run 11.54 @ 124 MPH. Drag radials and really good air density.

Based on that, 129 MPH in a 350 is achievable.

i will tell you this about Trap Speeds or more specifically for your car and its weight with the driver and the 373 or 355 ring n pinion gears you have and the horsepower that you have and not to mention your 60ft time. Those items being what they are on your car you would had to have a much better 60ft time ; 1.6 - 1.8 ; and some where in the 650 RWHP range to make up the speed you would have lost with a 2.20 or so 60ft time in the 1/4 mile. Your mechanic might know how to turn a wrench , but he don't no sh*t about drag racing and 60ft times and how that correlates to Trap Speeds and how Trap Speed are directly related to you RWHP.

In regards to my credentials as it pertains to drag racing. You can ask any Ford Racing Enginer or persons from SVT that was in attendence at the 2000 SVT Experinece at Milan Dragway in MIchigan. When my car won seven rounds in a row and calminated with a head to head win over the Ford Racing owned 2000 Cobra R which I beat on that day with my White with a Tan Top 1999 SVT Cobra Convertible Tuned by Paul Svinicki of Pauls High Performance in Jackson Michigan. In addition I also in round 2 beat a Mustang owned and driven by Greg Anderson of Anderson Ford Motorsports and NHRA fame.

Just as a side bar i have an Uncle his name is Doug Wickham. If that name is familar it should be for he was a Top Fuel Dragster Driver for 20 plus years and was the 8th man in the history of drag racing to top the 200 mph mark. That being said, I started drag racing on the streets and on the track when i was 15 years old with my Uncle Doug as my Mentor and Teacher. So I just might know a thing or two about Drag Racing and 1/4 mile times and Trap Speeds. This is above and beyond my history as an Engineer with Ford Motor Co. and over a half dozen projects that i work on with Ford Racing ; to include the following : 1993 Proto-Type known as "The Sho-Star" an Aerostar with a Taurus SHO Motor in it, 1998 Proto-Type Ford Mustang Flex Fuel Super Stallion , 03 -04 Cobra Mustang and the 2007 Mustang Bullitt. I additionally was in charge of quality control for all of the Ford Nascar and Truck Series 8.8 axle assemblies from 1997 - 2007. Which also was in every Mustang built for the last 30 plus years except for the 03-04 Cobra Mustangs :yup:

Scotty g.

:headscratch:

Archived