TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To modiy or not

Foley5151

This is my first post on the site, new owner of 07SGT.

Of course, just throwing any old aftermarket stuff on your Shelby should be punishable by death-but-what are some thoughts on genuine Shelby upgrades??? The purist in me says "let it be", but there is some great stuff out there........

Of course, just throwing any old aftermarket stuff on your Shelby should be punishable by death-but-what are some thoughts on genuine Shelby upgrades??? The purist in me says "let it be", but there is some great stuff out there........

Definitely make the car the way you want it. Shelby makes a lot of nice parts just like they did in the 60's and those original 60's parts are worth a fortune. Opinion only, but I have chosen to use official Shelby parts when possible. Enjoy the car and save the take off parts.

Modding is addicting, be aware of that! I think most would agree, stick to genuine parts and avoid anything that involves cutting or drilling. Bolt-on parts are easier to remove if you ever want/need to restore it to stock.

And welcome!

I am the wrong person to ask. Every vehicle I own is modified. I cannot leave things alone. Even my Vespa has an aftermarket exhaust and other mods.

The only thing I did different with the Shelby is I have kept all of the stock parts so that it can be returned to stock, or very close.

I am the wrong person to ask. Every vehicle I own is modified. I cannot leave things alone. Even my Vespa has an aftermarket exhaust and other mods.

The only thing I did different with the Shelby is I have kept all of the stock parts so that it can be returned to stock, or very close.

First Welcome to the group.

Agree here on keeping the old if you have the room. Certain things thay Shelby offer like the interior upgrade taht goes on the Registry certainly won't be put back to OE by me. Still kept the old in case something happens. Shelf in the basement is gettig crowded. Also point out to my wife I have a addiction.

Better than a mistress, only takes a few bucks for gas to have a wild time.

DrKSGT

Welcome to the site, and congrats on your SGT. Please don't forget to register it, you can follow the link in my signature.

As far as modding your car, its yours get after it. I would too recommend the Whipple and some bigger brakes.

One more thing you need to know right off the bat is that the black cars are the fastest.

Welcome!!

I too am a "purist", power upgrades done thru Shelby,wheels & tires and interior are fine but IMO changing the phyiscal appearance is a "no-no" with a serialized car, especialy a SHELBY.

The SGT is a great looking car in it's own right it has it's own unique look and pedigree as it was designed, why change it?

But to each his own.

Agreed same here .... Thinking to start or to stay stock ! but can't stay ... But I know when u start you will not stop mods till u get some thing mad .... my ZO6 started with headers and corsas.... then CAI then cam ! :talkhand: Then ended with a 1000 HP Twin Turbo car :redcard:

Do whatever your big heart wants to do !!! Just dont paint your car like I :hysterical: did

Archived