TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hunting....anyone else do it ?

.......figured most people here would be interested in this classic American pastime.

Had a chance this weekend to fill my freezer with some fresh venison. Here are the results of hours of sitting in a tree stand.

doer.jpg

Out west we have mule dear and, while tasty, cannot compare to white tail. I envy you your full freezer. It is a sad thing to admit that I do not have time to hunt in recent years. I shoot a Remington 700 BDL in 6mm and a Colt AR-15 in, of course, 5.56 mm. What did you use on your deer?

Jim

.......figured most people here would be interested in this classic American pastime.

Had a chance this weekend to fill my freezer with some fresh venison. Here are the results of hours of sitting in a tree stand.

doer.jpg

I use to hunt but retired from PD love to show you my photo of my first kill he was over :hysterical: 6 ft

Congrats on meat for the freezer!

My son and I each shot a doe last week here in MI.

I spend from Oct. 1 - Jan. 1 each year chasing Whitetails (Bow for first 6 weeks, then Rifle (30.06) and Handgun (.44 mag) for 2 weeks then Muzzleloader (.50 cal) for 3 weeks, then late Doe with Rifle or Handgun).

I just returned yesterday from my annual 7 - 10 days at "Deer Camp"! Always a great time with family and friends!

Not to mention a trip to the UP about every 2 -3 years in Sept. to spend 9 +/- days hunting Black Bear. Next Year using my bow.

Everybody around here deer hunts. I haven't deer hunted since I was a teenager. Our family had beagles and I remember sitting in tree stands watching deer run by so fast I could never hit them lol. I used to duck hunt alot too but not so keen on getting up at 3am to go stand in freezing water. Recently though they have been stocking quail around the state and doing habitat improvements. Arkansas used to be a bird hunting paradise, but agriculture and overhunting killed most of them back off in the 50's and 60's. My setter is a year old now and I've been training him so hope to get out this winter and get some birds after you orange guys come out of the woods. :)

Just missed a doe a few weeks ago. I was using my 5.4 when one ran out in front of me.

I was driving on a back road around dusk, which is a bad thing do do at this time of the year in Pa.

i grew up deer hunting didnt get a chance last year went to sema instead going next year for sure . ill go back to brothers place in northern Wisconsin . still have a little venison left in the . congrats on some good eating

JIM

Hunt most ever week. Birds, varmts, large game. My son and I get out every chance we can. Mostly to enjoy the time together. Have hunted a most all my life.

Nothing but good memories and fun times.

We fish quite a bit also.

One of the few freedoms left in this country.

Archived