TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Show Must Go On!!!!

I spent the weekend in Houston and Dallas at the Roger Waters The Wall Live concerts, Saturday and Sunday night! I dont remember any of it, but I took lots of pictures and it LOOKS like I had a great time!!:hysterical:

This was the schoolmaster puppet during "Another Brick in the Wall 2"

rw1.JPG

This was the wife in "Don't Leave me now"

rw2.JPG

This was during the solo of "Comfortably Numb" (I think)

rw4.JPG

My ears are still ringing, and I took video of all the interlude parts that are NOT on the album. The audio came out FANTASTIC! All this from an iPhone!

Houston we were center floor 16th row on the aisle, and it was a great perspective!

Dallas we had VIP creds, and I got to hang out a bit with Dave Kilminster, lead guitar. For that show we were 6th row dead center.

Epic! What a great time! You guys in LA better have tix! He's headed your way!

rw1.JPG

rw2.JPG

rw4.JPG

My good friend is on his way to Vegas to see the show there. He's definately looking forward to it, and I wish that I could attend too.

That look like it was an awesome time Warren. I was lucky enough in 1993 to see Pink Floyd at the Palace in Aurburn hills Michigan. We were treat to an amazing show with Roger Waters and Dave Gilmore. They not only played music from the Wall and other albums , but they also played the Dark Side of the Moon album in it's entirerty for the 1st time in 30 years. That being said , there was so many people around me smoking grass I thought it was 1969 all over again. :hysterical:

For those that have not seen them ; it is a must see concert.

One other note if you play the

Dark Side of the Moon cd to the Wizard of Oz movie and start the cd on track 1 when you see n hear the second roar of the Mayer Goldenwyn Lion roar the cd plays as a sound track to the movie. I was informed of this when i met Roger Waters back stage at that show in 1993. He said it was their way of coming out with a album that was kinda of created as a sound track for a movie. He then gave me his autograph on my concert t~shirt and a Heiniken Dark and thank me for coming to the show.

Scotty

Waters did s similar thing with Dark Side last year (or maybe it was two years ago? Time flies). It ended up with 4 shows in the US, California, Denver and two in Texas then to Europe. I waited for it to go to Vegas but it was really quick tour. Everyone who saw it raved, and that is why I'm going to see The Wall tonight.

Waters did s similar thing with Dark Side last year (or maybe it was two years ago? Time flies). It ended up with three shows - Phoenix, Denver and somewhere in Florida. I waited for it to go to Vegas but it was really quick tour. Everyone who saw it raved, and that is why I'm going to see The Wall tonight.

you WONT be disappointed. :salute:

you WONT be disappointed. :salute:

And truly I was not. The sound was excellent - unusual for the Pepsi Center. We had seats 1 wooden platform step above the floor about 1/3 way back on the left side of the stage. I got some pictures on my crappy cell phone and my daughter got some shots and video on her camera. This was a good show and well worth the 7 month wait from the time we got the tickets to the show.

I know the theater at the MGM Grand very well - it's my favorite place to see concerts - and I'll guarantee you those people are getting the best show of the tour.

They say no cameras, but there was an announcement that said take pictures to your heart's content, just turn off your flash. Contrary to what the signs may say if you can get a decent DSLR in you won't be disappointed. Trust me - you don't need your flash. Set the ISO to 1600 or maybe 3200 if your camera doesn't grain out and let the stage lighting work for you. The cell phone and point-n-shoot cameras have such a lag. I wish I'd brought my D700 with a 50mm lens and smuggled my other lens in my daughter's bag.

Now I'm going to have to order the DVD from Netflix. You can stream the Dark Side of the Moon from Netflix so maybe we'll watch that on Thanksgiving day

Pictures later.

I spent the weekend in Houston and Dallas at the Roger Waters The Wall Live concerts, Saturday and Sunday night! I dont remember any of it, but I took lots of pictures and it LOOKS like I had a great time!!:hysterical:

This was the schoolmaster puppet during "Another Brick in the Wall 2"

rw1.JPG

This was the wife in "Don't Leave me now"

rw2.JPG

This was during the solo of "Comfortably Numb" (I think)

rw4.JPG

My ears are still ringing, and I took video of all the interlude parts that are NOT on the album. The audio came out FANTASTIC! All this from an iPhone!

Houston we were center floor 16th row on the aisle, and it was a great perspective!

Dallas we had VIP creds, and I got to hang out a bit with Dave Kilminster, lead guitar. For that show we were 6th row dead center.

Epic! What a great time! You guys in LA better have tix! He's headed your way!

I WISH I COULD GET COMFORTABLY NUMB.............................

• 4 years later...

I actually saw this twice (In Denver). The first time my daughter dragged me, the second time I dragged her :)

I got an email today that Waters is releasing a movie version of the concert to be played in theaters on 29-Sep-2015.

Info here:

www.rogerwatersthewall.com

Trailer

Since we are resurrecting here-

For my birthday in 2012, we flew up to Quebec City and saw him play at Plains D' Abram. 100k people on the hill next to the St. Lawrence and a 1000 ft wall. At the end of the show, I actually got a piece of the wall. It was the single best musical experience of my life.

My understanding is there may be some footage of that show in the movie. I'll be there to see it!

Archived