TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Best for BadAss Shelby Z - 10.82 @ 135.97 - Video Inside

New Best for my 87 Shelby Z - 10.82 @ 135.97

Not bad for a 4-banger street car :)

Thanks everyone, its definitely a fun ride!

Sweet! What was the car that felt the pain on the other side?

Some noisy all motor Honda/Acura Thingy?

Pretty dang impressive JT. Do you still have the full interior?Steve

I took the rear seat out in 1995 as it was pretty worthless (more head room in a Charger) and when I welded in the 10pt cage I lost the heater box, but most of an interior is there

06_Z_cage_04.jpg

Thanks everyone, its definitely a fun ride!

Some noisy all motor Honda/Acura Thingy?

I took the rear seat out in 1995 as it was pretty worthless (more head room in a Charger) and when I welded in the 10pt cage I lost the heater box, but most of an interior is there

I would think its fair to call that a full interior. Any weight savings from the rear seat & heater box removal are not only cancelled out by the cage weight but the car now has an increased interior weight from the cage.

There's no fuel cell requirement for the times your car is running?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I would think its fair to call that a full interior. Any weight savings from the rear seat & heater box removal are not only cancelled out by the cage weight but the car now has an increased interior weight from the cage.

There's no fuel cell requirement for the times your car is running?

Steve

Yeah, its still heavier than a full weight L-body, LOL... Race weight with me in it is 2750lbs and I'm ~185

It does have an 8 gallon fuel cell in it, but I only added that more to support the fuel needs and could have just added a sump to the tank.

JT,

Are you taking the 'tona to the bash in '11? There is now a dyno addition to the event

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62684-dyno-at-the-bash/

Robert

I wish I could bring it, but the Oil Pump went out on the next run... I'm planning the next engine now

very cool,that car is fast, :salute:

Thanks! :)

Archived