TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Priorities

VegasMichael

save for a heat exchanger, for that Vegas heat. we are looking for a house now and my only concern is the garage. a single door 2 1/2 car. congrats on your future purchase. as a Vet, you deserve and earned any and all benefits towards purchasing a home.

Thanks. Heat exchanger sounds wise. Ditto for an intercooler like my old Buick GN had. As for the house I'm still waiting on the appraisal. Nothing gets done the last week of December so will have to wait until next week. Good luck with your home search. I was raised in NY and my parents still live there.

Does continuous heat in the 100-120 degree range for 5 months have any adverse effects on a parked car in a garage?

I'm over the hump from you; I put a swamp cooler on my garage. Works great, but it's kind of noisy.

Thanks. Heat exchanger sounds wise. Ditto for an intercooler like my old Buick GN had. As for the house I'm still waiting on the appraisal. Nothing gets done the last week of December so will have to wait until next week. Good luck with your home search. I was raised in NY and my parents still live there.

Just keep pushing forward VM.....................home ownership is worth the bull getting there.

I'm working a short sale here in SoCal. So far a real pain but a great investment property.

The VA finally got around to appraising the home I have under contract and gave an appraisal of 100 bucks more than I offered so no problems there. Everything seems to be moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed....

The VA finally got around to appraising the home I have under contract and gave an appraisal of 100 bucks more than I offered so no problems there. Everything seems to be moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed....

VegasMichael,

Looks like you're in the home stretch (no pun intended). Good luck! happy%20feet.gif

Got them crossed for ya VM.

• 2 weeks later...

Got them crossed for ya VM.

Gracias! Should be able to close this week or next. It's amazing the pound of flesh these lenders extract these days. They practically want a blood and stool sample. Five years ago you could walk into a bank buck naked with no job or assets and walk out with a huge loan. Pendulums certainly do swing. Sometimes for the best....

the pendelum has swung entirely too far the other way.just finished a re-fi and it was ridiculous.i would insulate the garage and if you have the cash get insulated garage doors.i think it would be a good investment with the kind of heat you have to deal with.it is nice to see that there are other people with the same priorities i have.was begining to think i was crazy

I trailer my car from California to Vegas for any and all of my up-grades because I know that the folks in Shelby's new speed shop really understand mustangs insideout. They will take the time to find out just what you want , and at what price. Take a little time and visit the speed shop, I only wish my buisness would alow me to move there. My 06 GT has more HP than the road can handle and I'm not done yet.

if you have the cash get insulated garage doors.

I'm at that point now.

I have a neighbor who's been in this area for a long time (USAF, Retired & now works GS at ShAFB) and he found a guy (through a friend of his) that is new to the area and "just starting out'. That's how I got my garage insulate and rocked so inexpensively in the first place.

So now I want to insulate my rool-up garage doors. I have one dual (2-car) door and one single (1-car) door. I found a thin flexable shiney covered kind of insulation that comes in various width rolls with a 24" wide (or was it 18"?) rool that costs about 15 bucks a rool. At first I thought that was a really good price until I looked closer and calculated how much it would cover....it would cover about ONE panel (1/2 of the width of my 2-car door)....and I have about 10 panels on the big door and half as many on the small door. It would cost me about half of what my wall insulation/rock cost me! Oh, and that is only good for R-3 insulating factor.

Then I found a garage door insulation kit that is R....hmm, I think it was R-8. It's the same type of fiberglass insulation used in the walls but comes in a kit with gloves, tape, blah x 3. It's 75 bucks a kit and one kit covers about half of the big door, all of the small door. So, $225 for that kit. Again, that's about HALF of what it cost to have my whole freakin' garage done.

Now, 300 bucks is pocktet change...but I DO have my principals!

My neighbor/buddy down the street insulated his (same size as mine) doors with a foam board, about 1 or 1-1/2 inches thick that he cut for each panel. It has a pink foam sandwiched between a blue plastic(?) sheet and was real inexpensive, AND IT WORKS (we sit in our respective garages and drink beer every Friday at "beer-thrity").

So, does anyone know where I can find that foam board I mention? I *THINK* it's used for roofing, between the roof and the shingles in sever weather areas. I can't find it at Lowes, The Home Depot, etc. (home improvement type stores).

I may just throw my stinkin' principles out the window and do my doors with the thin flexable stuff as it's light and doesn't mess with the garage door openers function where his foam board does (you have to put more preload on the door springs).

Just FWIW,

Phill

i think the pink and blue foam that you are talking about is called r-board. we dont use it much on our houses because we use plywood sheeting,it is much more structurally sound. you should be able to pick it up at lowes or home depot. i thinkit is relatively inexpensive too

i think the pink and blue foam that you are talking about is called r-board. we dont use it much on our houses because we use plywood sheeting,it is much more structurally sound. you should be able to pick it up at lowes or home depot. i thinkit is relatively inexpensive too

You can find the foam board materials at The stucco supply yard "Omega Ptoducts Intl." 5576Wynn rd. phone # (702)739-9040. They use this here in the west for a base under drivit systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the home closing with the title company yesterday. Ran smoothly and will get the keys next week.

Congrats VM.....................another proud home owner :yahoo: Now...........the search for your Shelby can begin.

Congrats VM.....................another proud home owner :yahoo: Now...........the search for your Shelby can begin.

The most important search of all! Thanks. Once I get situated I'll have to start another thread called "Priorities Part Deux" and solicit some advice about the search.

Archived