TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dove my car Tuesday!

MMcGuirk

PB160022.jpgPB160021.jpgPB160018.jpg

I made a quick one day trip to LV on Tuesday.

In order to register my car CA requires a smog certificate, so I took the base car from SAI to the closest smog test station in Needles CA.

Andy Pecota needed a test for his car, so he recruited Charlie Mares to go with me. We took both cars on a great little cruise. My car is bone stock and Andy's had the suspension done. It was a great opportunity to compare the two. We got to spend 250 miles in the cars on some great roads.

When we got back, Roger took us through the production floor and it was cool to see 26 GT350s being worked on.

PB160022.jpgPB160021.jpgPB160018.jpgI made a quick one day trip to LV on Tuesday.In order to register my car CA requires a smog certificate, so I took the base car from SAI to the closest smog test station in Needles CA.This was a 250 mile roundtrip. Andy Pecota needed a test for his car, so he recruited Charlie Mares to go with me.We took both cars on a great little cruise. My car is bone stock and Andy's had the suspension done. It was a great opportunity to compare the two. We got to spend 250 miles in the cars on some great roads.Roger took us through the production floor and it was cool to see 26 GT350s being worked on.

Thanks for everything Michael. Including letting "me" recruit Charlie. Haha!

Based on the trip reports I'm glad new tires come with the GT350 package.

photo-6.jpg

• 3 months later...

So excited reading these threads. I just ordered my very first Mustang, a 2012 GT 350, coupe, Kona Blue, 525 HP Supercharger. I am so so excited. I can't wait, but I will. In the mean time I am going to paint my garage with Tony's as my inspiration. Did the floors last summer in tan, so blue walls and white trim will be perfect. Doing the recessed lighting and some other cool lighting as well. Man I am so excited. I have loved Mustangs forever, since my big brother had a late 60's model back in the '70's. I guess I'm starting pretty big for a newbie, LOL. Its all good.

So excited reading these threads. I just ordered my very first Mustang, a 2012 GT 350, coupe, Kona Blue, 525 HP Supercharger. I am so so excited. I can't wait, but I will. In the mean time I am going to paint my garage with Tony's as my inspiration. Did the floors last summer in tan, so blue walls and white trim will be perfect. Doing the recessed lighting and some other cool lighting as well. Man I am so excited. I have loved Mustangs forever, since my big brother had a late 60's model back in the '70's. I guess I'm starting pretty big for a newbie, LOL. Its all good.

Thanks Sir. Congrats on your order. Time to hurry up and wait. My garage is currently under a minor transformation as I have been purchasing a large amount of Shelby, GT350 and Boss 302 "art" for my man cave. I won't pitch all the Porsche stuff, just get the balance of decor commensurate with the current stable of cars. Enjoy your garage and take your time decorating, you'll have plenty of time before you see that car. :hysterical: Also looking for a quality 4 post lift (or two) so I can make my 3 car man cave into a 5 car man cave.

congtats on the new 12 350. I really think the blue with white stripes is going to look fantastic. Great way to start off with a new mustang, many of went through numerous mustangs before getting a chance at a Shelby and a gt350 no less... Good for you! I think you are going to love it...congrats again!

Thanks Sir. Congrats on your order. Time to hurry up and wait. My garage is currently under a minor transformation as I have been purchasing a large amount of Shelby, GT350 and Boss 302 "art" for my man cave. I won't pitch all the Porsche stuff, just get the balance of decor commensurate with the current stable of cars. Enjoy your garage and take your time decorating, you'll have plenty of time before you see that car. :hysterical: Also looking for a quality 4 post lift (or two) so I can make my 3 car man cave into a 5 car man cave.

That sounds like some serious bucks. Awesome. Hope to see pics in the future. Your garage looks great BTW, not to mention the wheels you have in it.

Archived