TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purchase a Shelby GT checklist

mywickedshelby

A friend of mine recently found a 2007 Shelby GT for sale and asked me what he should be looking for when he inspects it.

used White 5 speed with 8200 miles.......

Please help me make a checklist for him, this is what I have so far.....

Verify vin & csm with SA Registry to ensure it is a real Shelby

Make sure has csm ac vent plaque and under hood plaque and PBF badges on the fenders

Check the stripes

Check the hood scoop

Check for corrosion around the hood pins

Check for faulty and or broken muffler hangers

Check for trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Check to see if camber bolts were ever added.....lowered cars need them, didnt come from SAI with them

Check for scraps under the front splitter

Check for aftermarket exhuast

TSBs:

Air bag reprogram

Change syncros for trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Check for original owners manual and front mats

Anything anybody can add to this list would be very helpful......thank you in advance...........

Micheal, besides the typical maintenance items which should be verified when purchasing any used car, I can't think of anything not posted above...except maybe the original window stickers including shelby sticker?

Micheal, besides the typical maintenance items which should be verified when purchasing any used car, I can't think of anything not posted above...except maybe the original window stickers including shelby sticker?

Its used, so we can ask for the original stickers and see if they got them from the owner..........check.

Pretty good list, make sure all plaques between AC vent and under hood is there, Shelby mats, blank white hurst shift ball, the Shelby service booklet, and lately people have been changing the exhaust for aftermarket stuff.

Check...

plaques (ac vent and under hood)

original owners manual packet

original pieces like shifter ball and special mats

check exhaust for original or aftermarket

got it....thanks.

A friend of mine recently found a 2007 Shelby GT for sale and asked me what he should be looking for when he inspects it.

used White 5 speed with 8200 miles.......

Please help me make a checklist for him, this is what I have so far.....

Verify vin & csm with SA Registry to ensure it is a real Shelby

Make sure has csm ac vent plaque and under hood plaque and PBF badges on the fenders

Check the stripes

Check the hood scoop

Check for corrosion around the hood pins

Check for faulty and or broken muffler hangers

Check for trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Check to see if camber bolts were ever added.....lowered cars need them, didnt come from SAI with them

Check for scraps under the front splitter

Check for aftermarket exhuast

TSBs:

Air bag reprogram

Change syncros for trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Check for original owners manual and front mats

Anything anybody can add to this list would be very helpful......thank you in advance...........

I would add a careful check of any mechanical or performance modifications done to ensure that they were properly installed and the car was not abused. Also the camber bolts may not be necessary as my car has over 33,000 miles, original tires, and no adverse wear (tires are rotated per Mustang GT / Ford suggestions). Also the PBF badges pictured on one of the posts are slightly different on a lot of original cars, both 2007 and 2008. Great time to buy a good used SGT. Good luck.

Archived