whutever202

$49,495 - Coupe

$54,495 - Convertible

$1,595 - Recaro Seats

$2,340 - Electronics Package

$3,995 - SVT Package

$1,295 - Shaker 1000

$1,995 - Glass Roof

Looks like everything stayed the same price wise except the SVT package went up $500.

Might want to pick up a set of those recaros for my 2010. Would like to see a pic of those seats with silver stripes.....

New Sun Visors!!!!! - I'm heading down to my dealer now to trade in my now obsolete '11 :beerchug:

Careful on your drive there, your now classic sun visors might not protect you from afternoon sun. :confused:

Really though I do like how they have the integrated garage door openers, curious about the "Multi Purpose/Interchangeable Storage System" sounds like a very fancy way to say a net to put crap or change it out for another thing that will hold different crap :dance:

Recaro Seat Option is the big news, TVS was a dream, now dashed :doh:

New Sun Visors!!!!! - I'm heading down to my dealer now to trade in my now obsolete '11 :beerchug:

Absolutely! Sun visors were at the top of my list of recommended upgrades. Hope the vanity lights have been reengineered for more flattering illumination. :hysterical:

It looks like Ford is willing to concede the performance crown to the Z28 for one model year.

Don't know about that. Things can change. See bottom of order guide.

*All dimensions and horsepower/torque ratings are preliminary figures

Sucks they got rid of Sterling Metalic Grey :mad:

Don't know about that. Things can change. See bottom of order guide.

*All dimensions and horsepower/torque ratings are preliminary figures

Sucks they got rid of Sterling Metalic Grey :mad:

HP and torque is not the issue here. The CTS-V Coupe hooks and the GT500 doesn't in stock trim. Yes with drag radials it's a different story but I'm interested in stock to stock performance.

For now, Z28 = Vaporware.

Sun visors with built-in home link should have been there since the beginning.

Recaros are VERRRRRRRRRRY INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Z28 is a done deal. Just go to your Caddy dealer and drive the CTS-V Coupe. GM just launched the Camaro vert so they are delivering on their promises.

The 12' will have a little more juice by the time they hit the streets. Don't be fooled by the stats in the order guide. They don't need a TVS to bump the H.P. a little more.

The 12' will have a little more juice by the time they hit the streets. Don't be fooled by the stats in the order guide. They don't need a TVS to bump the H.P. a little more.

Aftermarket Tunes and pulley swaps say you are correct. :) I'm not sure why everyone is focused on HP. That's not the problem with this car. Traction even in stock form is. Launch control and wider rear tires would be helpful.

HP and torque is not the issue here. The CTS-V Coupe hooks and the GT500 doesn't in stock trim. Yes with drag radials it's a different story but I'm interested in stock to stock performance.

The Z28 is a done deal. Just go to your Caddy dealer and drive the CTS-V Coupe. GM just launched the Camaro vert so they are delivering on their promises.

Z28 CTS-V? I thought we were referencing a CAMARO Z28.

Z28 CTS-V? I thought we were referencing a CAMARO Z28.

Correct, the CTS-V is the Camaro Z28 with the lux. If you want to get a feel for what the Z28 will be like head down to the Caddy dealer. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to wrap your brain around? They have pictures of the Z28 mule running around with a 2011 GT500 SVP Package for testing. That mule has the same engine and sc as the CTS-V. If anyone thinks that the Z28 will perform any less than a 2011 GT500 with the SVT package they are crazy. From what I see right now the 2012 GT500 is more of the same.

Schweet! I knew that the recaros would eventually find themselves being put into the GT500. Can't wait to see them on the first car.

But they still don't have those HEATED SEAT!!!!!! :banghead: Oh well, back to the retrofitting I guess.

+1 with E, no need for the TVS. Also if anybody read in the Super Snake thread, Roger said that there is no calibration for the aluminum 5.4 GT500. However the print in bold facinates me. This is the official options list, but the actual juice this thing makes.... well, we will just have to wait and see about that.

I just want to see that the GT500 kicks the Z28's big butt so that all the Camaro lovers can stop bragging about the 2012 Z28 being a better car, and don't let Motor Trend or C&D get their hands on both of them!

The GT500 may need new slicks and a few other tweaks +1, but when it comes to the comparison, lt's hope we can still try and come out on top. I'm sick and tired of hearing from people that Ford is a piece of crap and breaks doen all the time and is no good and such.

I also want see how much lard is the Z28 carryin' when it comes to testing both cars..........

Correct, the CTS-V is the Camaro Z28 with the lux. If you want to get a feel for what the Z28 will be like head down to the Caddy dealer. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to wrap your brain around? They have pictures of the Z28 mule running around with a 2011 GT500 SVP Package for testing. That mule has the same engine and sc as the CTS-V. If anyone thinks that the Z28 will perform any less than a 2011 GT500 with the SVT package they are crazy. From what I see right now the 2012 GT500 is more of the same.

My point is this: Our "competition" is the Camaro, not the CTS-V. You could also say that the ZR1 will beat the GT500. Yes, I understand this is a stretch, but the powertrain is the "same". So until a Camaro Z28 comes out, it is vaporware. That's all.

My point is this: Our "competition" is the Camaro, not the CTS-V. You could also say that the ZR1 will beat the GT500. Yes, I understand this is a stretch, but the powertrain is the "same". So until a Camaro Z28 comes out, it is vaporware. That's all.

Duke Nukem Forever is vaporware (and even that's coming out now). I have full faith that the 2012 Z28 is coming and it runs deep! LOL

This is ridiculous!!!!! Ford is losing touch with GT500 customers! I can't believe I put off buying a 2011 GT500 for this crap. They really are pushing potential customers to the "other" side.

Just courious. What are you specifically mad about the 2012?

Just courious. What are you specifically mad about the 2012?

I just expected more than Recaro seats and a new visor. I keep hoping they'll come up with a fix for the traction problem, a fix for the transmission problems, and rear end problems. I've owned a 2008 GT500 and know first hand about all these problems, so I'll have to pass on the GT500 for another few years. I'll probably end up purchasing a BMW 335is at the end of this year.

The Z28 is not yet a "done deal". No official release date from GM yet and you can't go to the dealer and check off the boxes to order one. Speculation states that it may be available in August 2012. But it is looking good for an official anouncement from GM early in the new year.

Archived