TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I know now what I am getting for Christmas

This is going to be the best Christmas present that I HAVE EVER HAD THIS YEAR!!!!!

Is it a GT350?

nope...

Is it a new GT 500?

nope...

Is it a new 5.0 liter???

nope.....

Is it a Super Snake?

nope.....

Is it a CSX?

nope.....

Is it an all expense paid trip to the Shelby Bash w/ private table reservations with Mr. Shelby?

nope.....

ok, so is it an all expense paid trip to Warren's house to drive his GT350? NAH.....Better than all this rolled up into one package......

Our son will be returning from Iraq on December 8th....ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT! I can't wait and I am so excited about seeing my "buddy" again. I will be taking a few days off to spend some time with him as he reintegrates back to the States. I may work from his home the following week just so he won't be there by himself. His wife won't be back from Iraq until April 2011.

I spoke with him yesterday and he has already shipped some of his stuff to our house and will be packing this week. Then the new replacements arrive Friday and he and his platoon will begin training them for missions and introducing them to key Iraqi leaders. I am so pumped....but I did tell him to maintain focus and make sure his platoon did too. He told me that he reminds them about 6 or 7 times a day....sorry for the rant, but this will be the best Christmas ever! Craig :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Craig, you're damn right it will be! That is so cool, and I I am so happy for you my TS friend! You make sure and hug him hard for me, and tell him it was from a fellow TS member that respects the hell out of him for his service!!!!!!

:salute:

The thing that touched me most about your post................................................................"my buddy". What Dad says that? AWESOME!

Bikeboy (Chris)

Congratulations on your sons safe return. Thank God for him and others like him. My oldest son just returned from his 7 month Marnie Corp vacation in sunny Afghanistan. The bad news is my youngest son is leaving for the same deployment in two months. The hits just keep on coming.

LOL!

I am VERY happy for you my friend! There is no better present in the world you could be getting. I will add, if you want to bring him down to my house, I'll let you BOTH drive my car! I KNOW he has earned at least that!:salute:

It's wonderful, fantastic, amazing, perfect that your son will be home for Christmas. No better gift than that.

+100000

Thats great news Craig.......thank your son and daughter in law for all of us, we are so thankful for their service.

Enjoy a wonderful Christmas together with your son.

Craig, flying back from my trip to NJ yesterday, I sat next to a young guy that was landing in Buffalo to see his 'girl' as he called it...girlfriend...one last time before he shipped out to Afghanistan. Super nice kid. I shook his hand and thanked him for going off to serve for me. He was taken back, since he is really brand new to this, and probably hasn't heard that much yet.

I truly mean it when I say to these young folks that I am greatful for their serving us. If I lived in your town, I would meet you at the airport to welcome your 'buddy' back! :salute:

Chris

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! I am so very happy for you and your family! I know the feelings that you are experiencing since I went through them myself when my oldest son returned from Iraq after each of his 3 deployments. Give him a big, long hug and tell him THANK YOU very much for his service to our country!

THANKS EVERYONE!!

I just got off the phone w/ the wife (I am out of town) and she had a missed call from our son so she called him back and guess who answered his phone??? His wife! His mother was shocked when she answered the phone...come to find out that she was at his FOB! His CO had made arrangements for a special helicopter flight for her yesterday to be present for his PROMOTION today that we didn't even know about. He is now a 1st Lt. Then on Saturday his wife will be promoted to a 1st LT as well. Really glad that there are CO's out there that care about our children like this...really means a lot!

Also, it really means a lot for all of your thoughts and prayers for all our men and woman who are serving. I will be sure to let Austin know about all the well wishes from TS and I know he will appreciate it. He hears me talk about many of you. He is always asking when he calls what's going on w/ TEAM SHELBY! :hysterical: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back into the hotel room and checked email....official word now rec'd...he should be flying to Germany tomorrow and will be back on U.S. soil Thursday night for a Welcome Home Ceremony at 10 PM....so excited and can't wait to see him!!! I'll try to post of some pics after Thursday! I told him about your comments, thoughts and prayers and he told me to be sure and say a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU not only for him but for all the men and woman serving. They really appreciate your support while they are away! Craig :happy feet:

Archived