TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you picked up your GT350?

I picked up my car October 15, 2010, and took museum delivery option.

I have #19, first 624 R tune package.

I went with painted stripes, GT350 hood logo, painted down the rear, museum delivery and no other options.

I will probably have SA do the rear brakes at some point, or I will do them myself, watts link, one piece drive shaft, safety loops, and short throw shifter.

I am also eagerly awaiting a shift knob to match the car in white, blue stripe or white with Shelby name on it in the "correct" six speed configuration with the R reversed on the knob.

I have only added an iPod and the engine caps from Project 321 at this point.

pic5.JPG

In front of the house...ignore the halloween decor...

pic2.JPG

pic5.JPG

pic2.JPG

I went with painted stripes, GT350 hood logo, painted down the rear, museum delivery and no other options.

I will probably have SA do the rear brakes at some point, or I will do them myself, watts link, one piece drive shaft, safety loops, and short throw shifter.

I am also eagerly awaiting a shift knob to match the car in white, blue stripe or white with Shelby name on it in the "correct" six speed configuration with the R reversed on the knob.

post-11131-044899000 1289843826_thumb.jpg

post-11131-039511300 1289843864_thumb.jpg

happy%20feet.gif ......Nice machine...Congrats.....Enjoy and drive safe....happy%20feet.gif

pic5.JPG

pic2.JPG

That car looks so sweet... Ignore the Halloween decor?

Looks great. The ground effects are not nearly as over bearing as the advertisements made them look.

Dubbs how is the ride quality? Can you compare the new GT350's ride quality to a 2010 GT500, a GTR or a Z06 / ZR1 (My father is thinking of buying a GT350 but is concerned it might drive fairly harsh)? Thanks and enjoy!

Well, as others who have it have said,

We all agree it handles and is tight like a german car really. A bmw m3 is a really good comparison. Ride is not harsh at all, but it isnt quite as soft as the 2010 gt500 simply due to the suspensions each have. That said, it handles better and feels lighter and more agile. I honestly cant compare to a zr1, as I havent rode in one, but drives better and is much faster than a z06.

The driveability of this car is an enigma, because it shouldnt be as easy and nice to drive for the power it has, but the way the torque and gearing is, you can have your cruiser and your race car all in one package. I can run low 11s on street tires, and drive it comfortably home 100 miles away and enjoy both. And thats not even the purpose of this car. It is built to dominate the track, and I will provide much feedback on that experience dec 11, at the next open track day.

We all agree it handles and is tight like a german car really. A bmw m3 is a really good comparison. Ride is not harsh at all, but it isnt quite as soft as the 2010 gt500 simply due to the suspensions each have. That said, it handles better and feels lighter and more agile. I honestly cant compare to a zr1, as I havent rode in one, but drives better and is much faster than a z06.

The driveability of this car is an enigma, because it shouldnt be as easy and nice to drive for the power it has, but the way the torque and gearing is, you can have your cruiser and your race car all in one package. I can run low 11s on street tires, and drive it comfortably home 100 miles away and enjoy both. And thats not even the purpose of this car. It is built to dominate the track, and I will provide much feedback on that experience dec 11, at the next open track day.

Faster than the Z06......I like the sound of that.

Thanks Warren. Can't wait for your Dec 11th thoughts.

Warren, your car somehow, someway, screams silently. I cannot explain my feeling that way...It just comes to mind when I look at it. I thought about you and Tony as I read through the newest SHELBY mag this morning on the aeroplane. It should be titled simply, "GT350" this issue! Lol.

That my friend is what makes Carroll Shelby, Carroll Shelby..............don't matter how old he is, he knows what it takes to build a competition car...plain and simple! I would expect NOTHING less.

I think you should use your car as part of your Holloween decoration next year, because its wicked, scary fast, and Chevy, Mopar, and foreign car owners will be scared of it. All kidding aside, its a beautiful car. I am sure you are not just a lucky guy that owns one, all you GT350 owners earned and diserve them. Take care of her, but I'm sure you allready know that. Happy trails to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Warren,

We just got back from NZ and catching up on all the news, very pleased to finally got THE car & can sure see why you are rapt in it, WOW :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you & all the family,

Cheers, D&D

Congrats on the hot car enjoy !!!

Archived