TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not on a GT500, but I have new F14 wheels...

rsb5772

Don't shoot, but I owe it to this board. This is where I found the wheels after all, and a lot of help from others.

DSC03567.jpg

DSC03571.jpg

Hi rsb5772,

Just a few questions...

1. What size tires did you go with?

2. Did you have to do any modifying to get them to fit?

3. Are those 20x11 and 20x9?

4. What backspacing etc, did you have to tell them, or did you just say you had a mustang?

5. Did you get to check how much each wheel weighs?

Thanks!

Hi rsb5772,

Just a few questions...

1. What size tires did you go with?

275/40. 315/35

2. Did you have to do any modifying to get them to fit?

Nothing. TXSTIG cut the Bumpstop pads off his, but neither of us are sure if you need to.

3. Are those 20x11 and 20x9?

Yes

4. What backspacing etc, did you have to tell them, or did you just say you had a mustang?

+40 front and +53 rear offset. I told them that I had seen them on a forum and he knew exactly what I needed.

5. Did you get to check how much each wheel weighs?

I didn't check. Wish I had.

Thanks!

Thanks. I looked online for them and only found two places that sold them, but both told me it would be a long wait. Contacted Forgestar, and they had one set in stock. Their prices were the same as the others, so, they emailed me an order form, sent it back, and about a week later they were here.

Thanks. I looked online for them and only found two places that sold them, but both told me it would be a long wait. Contacted Forgestar, and they had one set in stock. Their prices were the same as the others, so, they emailed me an order form, sent it back, and about a week later they were here.

sweet....thanks for the info

wheels look great on your car

Thanks

how durable would piano black be on a daily driver. easily chipped? polishing?...like with chrome?

nice, by the way!

I've had my stock wheels on my 4X4 truck powder coated for 5 years now, in gloss black, and they still look like new. They have had a few light scratches from mud and rocks, but they've always buffed out. I use regular car polish on them. Powder coat doesn't really chip, more like peel, but I've never had any problems. I have one small spot in the inner lip on my truck from mounting the tires, but it hasn't gotten any bigger or spread. PC is pretty durable. On a car, as a daily driver, I wouldn't worry about anything but curbs!!! Thanks for the compliment.

Man, love those black shoes. I'm very much considering those for my white/red striped '11 as the "extra" pair. I think the black would look awesome with the white. The Kona Blue 5.0 is what drew me back to considering the Mustang. I drove the 5.0 in the same color myself and really thought hard about getting it. But, I drove the Shelby and figured in for a penny in for a pound.

Does anyone see using these on the SVTPP as a winter package as problematic?

Fords in the driveway and chevy at the curb :rockon: gotta love it.

New wheels/tires look great man.

Thanks. She hates that I put mine in the garage.

You did good dude. A really hot car. I personally love the clean look of it.

Thanks. I want to get someone to Photoshop red stripes on a pic. I love the Kona/ Red GT500, but not sure if it would look good on the GT.

Archived