TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mine is shipped!

wbaect

I just typed in my Shelby VIN tracker this AM...and finally saw the long awaited words:

Shelby GT VIN Search

VIN: 1ZVHT82H575282707

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe 5speed

Color: Ebony Clearcoat

:headspin::headspin::headspin:

So i'll ask...about how long has it been taking most folks to get theirs once it has been shipped? Thanks

I just typed in my Shelby VIN tracker this AM...and finally saw the long awaited words:

Shelby GT VIN Search

So i'll ask...about how long has it been taking most folks to get theirs once it has been shipped? Thanks

That depends on your location.

Shelby GT VIN Search

It took about 5 days to get my car by rail to tampa ..

Its getting ever so close .... congratulations !

dond

• 2 weeks later...

In case folks are wondering, it took only 4 days for the car to get from the Shelby factory to Austin, TX by covered truck. The horrible thing was the day my car arrived at my dealer...I was out of town. That was tough.

So the car sat at the dealer Monday and Tuesday and when I got back I finally went to get it late (dealership stayed open for me) Wednesday. Good news is that I dealt with a dealer who kept their word EVERY step of the way. All I had ever done was talk to the owner of the dealership on the phone (I had been trying to get a GT 500 from him, but couldn't swing 20K over) the day Shelby GT orders began and they said they would get me one at sticker. I told them what I wanted to order over the phone and that was it. I called several times in the last few months asking if I could come in a put down a deposit to get everything in writing, and they kept assuring me I would be ok. Having said that, I was still nervous it would get sold out from under me or once it arrived there would be an ADM waiting for me.

I was wrong...once I finally got there they already had all of the paperwork ready for me at sticker and had the car all cleaned up and ready to go. Only issue was that there had been a miscommunication in that I just wanted the Shaker 500, but they had ordered the car with the Shaker 1000. So the car ended being $1300 more than I expected. However, now that it is mine...I do like the extra thump.

Of course, so far, I haven't even had the stereo on much...I've had too much fun listening to the exhaust. I absolutely love this car.

On my very first drive, I pulled out of the dealer parking lot, and at the first red light I came to the car next to me rolled down their window and started complementing me on my ride. That was sweet.

Thanks Mr. Shelby, Amy B. and everyone else who made this car possible.

In case folks are wondering, it took only 4 days for the car to get from the Shelby factory to Austin, TX by covered truck. The horrible thing was the day my car arrived at my dealer...I was out of town. That was tough.

So the car sat at the dealer Monday and Tuesday and when I got back I finally went to get it late (dealership stayed open for me) Wednesday. Good news is that I dealt with a dealer who kept their word EVERY step of the way. All I had ever done was talk to the owner of the dealership on the phone (I had been trying to get a GT 500 from him, but couldn't swing 20K over) the day Shelby GT orders began and they said they would get me one at sticker. I told them what I wanted to order over the phone and that was it. I called several times in the last few months asking if I could come in a put down a deposit to get everything in writing, and they kept assuring me I would be ok. Having said that, I was still nervous it would get sold out from under me or once it arrived there would be an ADM waiting for me.

I was wrong...once I finally got there they already had all of the paperwork ready for me at sticker and had the car all cleaned up and ready to go. Only issue was that there had been a miscommunication in that I just wanted the Shaker 500, but they had ordered the car with the Shaker 1000. So the car ended being $1300 more than I expected. However, now that it is mine...I do like the extra thump.

Of course, so far, I haven't even had the stereo on much...I've had too much fun listening to the exhaust. I absolutely love this car.

On my very first drive, I pulled out of the dealer parking lot, and at the first red light a came to the car next to me rolled down their window and started complementing me on my ride. That was sweet.

Thanks Mr. Shelby, Amy B. and everyone else who made this car possible.

It is very nice to hear stories like that. Put a smile on my face. I am glad you are happy. Enjoy your ride, and when you get some time, show us some photos. We all want to see your new car.

Have fun. :shift:

Archived