TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SIRIUS

ILSTANG

My vert came with sirius as an option but I did not get any information with it. What infromation should I have gotten and how do I set it up and use it?

You should be able to just punch your AUX button on your head unit and Sirius should already be on for you. Everyone gets six months of service free.

Don't forget, there are three channel banks available. You access each channel bank by pushing the AUX button accordingly. If you punch the AUX button and don't get a signal, there should be an 800 number scrolling on the display. Call them and tell them to authorize the signal.

The MP3 feature is also accessed through the AUX button.

For goodness sake, please take the time to read your owner's manual. There is allot of information there you should know about this car.

You should be able to just punch your AUX button on your head unit and Sirius should already be on for you. Everyone gets six months of service free.

Don't forget, there are three channel banks available. You access each channel bank by pushing the AUX button accordingly. If you punch the AUX button and don't get a signal, there should be an 800 number scrolling on the display. Call them and tell them to authorize the signal.

For goodness sake, please take the time to read your owner's manual. There is allot of information there you should know about this car.

A little testy this morning? :hysterical:

Does the manual tell us how to not install the darn antenna? :headscratch:

Have a nice day. :poke:

A little testy this morning? :hysterical:

Does the manual tell us how to not install the darn antenna? :headscratch:

Have a nice day. :poke:

No, no! I'm fine. I didn't mean to come off harsh on my last comment, but I also know that there are many who will just toss the manual in the GB and only pull it out when there's trouble.

I'M COOL!!!! :D

No, no! I'm fine. I didn't mean to come off harsh on my last comment, but I also know that there are many who will just toss the manual in the GB and only pull it out when there's trouble.

I'M COOL!!!! :D

I totally agree with you on the not reading the manual. It keeps me in alot of work here at the University Electronics Shop. :banana piano:

:backtotopic:

Sirius radio is Std. on Canadian orders. My dealer says they can remove and patch the hole from antenna if I don't want it.

Why do we have to have the antenna installed? How can I stop it from being installed. :censored:

I totally agree with you on the not reading the manual. It keeps me in alot of work here at the University Electronics Shop. :banana piano:

:backtotopic:

Sirius radio is Std. on Canadian orders. My dealer says they can remove and patch the hole from antenna if I don't want it.

Why do we have to have the antenna installed? How can I stop it from being installed. :censored:

If its a standard item on Cdn 500's, then you really can't stop the antenna from being installed. And as far as patching the antenna hole, I personally would replace the entire deck lid with one that does not have the antenna hole in it. There are two deck lids for the Mustang. The Sirius lid has a machine punched hole in it (the holes are not drilled contary to what's believed), and the non-Sirius lid does not (obviously). The deck lids aren't that expensive, and you should be able to find someone to match paint it fairly cheap.

Just my .02 Cents.

.......I am waiting for my Shelby GT with Siriurs. Does the program information (song title, artist, interview guest) show on the radio's display?

Yes.

If its a standard item on Cdn 500's, then you really can't stop the antenna from being installed. And as far as patching the antenna hole, I personally would replace the entire deck lid with one that does not have the antenna hole in it. There are two deck lids for the Mustang. The Sirius lid has a machine punched hole in it (the holes are not drilled contary to what's believed), and the non-Sirius lid does not (obviously). The deck lids aren't that expensive, and you should be able to find someone to match paint it fairly cheap.

Just my .02 Cents.

Thanks.

So I just need to order a decklid without hole. O.K. Time to call Team Ford.

Can it be ordered painted? I have a great paint and body shop handy if needed.

He says he can do the stripes on the Vert as well. :happy feet:

If I don't use the Sirius radio does the stock one work? Sorry, I don't have my car or manual yet. :cry:

Can we NOT have it installed on the trunk at the factory? :nonono:

Not if it's a standard item. If you can't delete the option at the dealer, you can't stop the Sirius system from going into the car, and that includes the antenna.

Sirius is an option in the States, so we can opt out and have no antenna on the deck lid.

Thanks.

So I just need to order a decklid without hole. YES.

O.K. Time to call Team Ford. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN.

Can it be ordered painted? NO.

I have a great paint and body shop handy if needed. GOOD, YOU WILL NEED THEM.

He says he can do the stripes on the Vert as well. THAT'S GOOD. :happy feet:

If I don't use the Sirius radio does the stock one work? YES, IT WILL.

Sorry, I don't have my car or manual yet. NO PROBLEM. AND DON'T WORRY WHEN IT GETS THERE, YOU WILL FORGET ALL OF THE PSDS YOU ARE DEALING WITH NOW.

:cry:THERE, THERE, DON'T CRY.

Am I wrong but I dont believe you can look at a whole catagory of music without changing the station. My sportster boom box lets you look to see what is on other channels.

I havent found this to be true on the Shelby car setup. Anyone see this different??

Billy

Thanks.

So I just need to order a decklid without hole. O.K. Time to call Team Ford.

Can it be ordered painted? I have a great paint and body shop handy if needed.

He says he can do the stripes on the Vert as well. :happy feet:

If I don't use the Sirius radio does the stock one work? Sorry, I don't have my car or manual yet. :cry:

Ace hardware sells these handy little chrome plugs, they come in different sizes and you could paint them :poke:

Am I wrong but I dont believe you can look at a whole catagory of music without changing the station. My sportster boom box lets you look to see what is on other channels.

I havent found this to be true on the Shelby car setup. Anyone see this different??

Billy

Depends on which head unit you are viewing it on. The S500 and S1000 units only display the current station. The touchscreen/nav unit displays a list and lets you scroll through it.

The nav upgrade is much more than just navigation, its a much better head unit with lots more features and display options.

Depends on which head unit you are viewing it on. The S500 and S1000 units only display the current station. The touchscreen/nav unit displays a list and lets you scroll through it.

The nav upgrade is much more than just navigation, its a much better head unit with lots more features and display options.

That's just what I was afraid of. I currently have XM in my regular daily driver that is an aftermarket install. I like it because it tells you the station, song name, artist, and even a stock ticker across the bottom.

If it is only the station number on my Shelby, this will be an adjustment. I won't drive it that many miles in a year, but I still like seeing all the other information.

HSURB

I have been out of town so just getting caught up on posts. Not sure what the last part of your post means. I read the owners manual cover to cover. There is nothing about Sirius nor is the shaker 1000 even mentioned. MAY WANT TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Archived