TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up my GT350 today!

tony356

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony,

My daughter is 25 now but she is proud to say she was the first person to get rubber in my Shelby some three years ago. She has always helped work on my cars since she was 4.

Now, as to Amelia, I would not only like to meet her, I would like to borrow her and make a trip the museum. I have NEVER seen anyone allowed into the Cobra she was in and, I agree, she looked awfully comfortable in there. If I have her with me, I might get to sit in Dan Gurney's Ford GT.

I can see it now when it is time for her to learn to drive, "Dad, I want to learn to drive a stick shift and the GT350 is the only stick we have around. Let's go, Dad." ;)

All the best with your new car.

Jim

That is what life is all about - you, your daughter, and Shelby. As it has been stated before PRICELESS!!!

On the drivers side, on the jam - looks like a Shelby gold sticker, is that correct? :headscratch:

Lets see: college and a Shelby to go to it. Tony start saving those pennies, your daughter's smile and the pride you have for her, tells me it's in her future.

WELL DONE!

Doc :salute:

Doc

Thanks for the kind words. Yes the gold sticker certifies the car was delivered under museum delivery and matches the museum delivery certificate.

Tony,

My daughter is 25 now but she is proud to say she was the first person to get rubber in my Shelby some three years ago. She has always helped work on my cars since she was 4.

Now, as to Amelia, I would not only like to meet her, I would like to borrow her and make a trip the museum. I have NEVER seen anyone allowed into the Cobra she was in and, I agree, she looked awfully comfortable in there. If I have her with me, I might get to sit in Dan Gurney's Ford GT.

I can see it now when it is time for her to learn to drive, "Dad, I want to learn to drive a stick shift and the GT350 is the only stick we have around. Let's go, Dad." ;)

All the best with your new car.

Jim

Thanks Jim

You can borrow Amelia if you want but I'm warning you she like the finer things in life.......and no she cannot have the gt350!

Sorry all, cannot connect to the Hampton inn wifi with my iPad so cannot load all the pictures I have taken. I will try again when we get to the biltmore.

As you all know I was very critical of sa regarding the lack of communication regarding this project and all the delays and I stand by my opinion then and now.

If have ordered this car, do not change your mind! You will not be disappointed. I apologized to Roger for my Italian genes getting the better of me on a few occasions during the process but also explained to him that the process was like a marriage. After you went down the aisle, it could only end two ways - happily ever after - or divorce. I will not kid you that I thought about getting out of this car on many occasions but decided to go thru marriage counseling and see if I could make this work. I'm glad I stuck withRoger and sa.

I will say that while I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this car (1200 miles 3days), sa got it right! It is very easy to drive it around town and on the freeway. I have had a few occasions to jump on the boost and the power is superb. I will need to get it on the track to safely do more research. I did notice today a little hesitation under heavy application of power but it might be the shitty 90 octane fuel that was available in New Mexico and Texas. It is difficult to be avoided on the road as many folks try and figure out what they are looking at.......it's funny as long as they stay in their own lane.

To answer a few pm's here at the same time.

My options:

624 tune with black sc

Painted stripes without gt350 logo on hood.

Rear brake upgrade

Auxillary cooling package

Watts link

Museum delivery

Once again, thanks to everyone for their well wishes. I would like to also thank Jason (jaspony) for all of his help with logistics of getting all of our "stuff" needed for a cross country journey to us when needed. Thanks Jason and thanks team Shelby. I promise I will get the pictures uploaded asap.

Another 600 mile day Monday.

The steering and suspension setup get higher marks by my each day I drive her. Well done.

Hey Tony,

I sure am enjoying the updates!! As you know I trailered mine back, and the more time that went by, the faster I drove so I could get it off the trailer and DRIVE it! We drove 24 straight hours, non-stop, with only one stop longer than gas at a burger king in Tucson. After driving 24 hours, car was unloaded within 5 minutes, and I gave rides to everyone that came over for about 3 hours! This last Saturday night I went to a party at SVOC's and StangGirl's, and I spent the entire evening giving rides again. 20+ rides= 40+ launches= many smiling faces! I even let a couple people drive it. The thought crossed my mind that it would have been really cool if your route brought you this far south, but I will just have to bring mine to you in May at Pocono! I cant wait to get together my friend!:salute:

Sorry all, cannot connect to the Hampton inn wifi with my iPad so cannot load all the pictures I have taken. I will try again when we get to the biltmore.

As you all know I was very critical of sa regarding the lack of communication regarding this project and all the delays and I stand by my opinion then and now.

If have ordered this car, do not change your mind! You will not be disappointed. I apologized to Roger for my Italian genes getting the better of me on a few occasions during the process but also explained to him that the process was like a marriage. After you went down the aisle, it could only end two ways - happily ever after - or divorce. I will not kid you that I thought about getting out of this car on many occasions but decided to go thru marriage counseling and see if I could make this work. I'm glad I stuck withRoger and sa.

I will say that while I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this car (1200 miles 3days), sa got it right! It is very easy to drive it around town and on the freeway. I have had a few occasions to jump on the boost and the power is superb. I will need to get it on the track to safely do more research. I did notice today a little hesitation under heavy application of power but it might be the shitty 90 octane fuel that was available in New Mexico and Texas. It is difficult to be avoided on the road as many folks try and figure out what they are looking at.......it's funny as long as they stay in their own lane.

Tony,

I have thought many times of calling Roger and saying " forgetta bout it" thanks for the encouragement of saying to hang in there! I know everyone who has taken delivery says it is worth the wait but the individual communication from SA definitely needs to be improved. I don't think it is necessary for SA to give a weekly or bi-weekly call but monthly would be nice. I think I'm targeted for December some time but not sure. I unlike most that have taken the museum delivery will be hiring a transporter. Try calling a transporter now and tell them some time in December go to SA and pick up my car better yet if and when I do get the call, it will be challenging to get a transporter out that week.

Call it anxiety overload but it is getting old paying 8 months for something I don't have. I'm trying to hang in there and hopefully my stubborn Italian mind does not make a decision that I probably will regret.

Hey Tony,

I sure am enjoying the updates!! As you know I trailered mine back, and the more time that went by, the faster I drove so I could get it off the trailer and DRIVE it! We drove 24 straight hours, non-stop, with only one stop longer than gas at a burger king in Tucson. After driving 24 hours, car was unloaded within 5 minutes, and I gave rides to everyone that came over for about 3 hours! This last Saturday night I went to a party at SVOC's and StangGirl's, and I spent the entire evening giving rides again. 20+ rides= 40+ launches= many smiling faces! I even let a couple people drive it. The thought crossed my mind that it would have been really cool if your route brought you this far south, but I will just have to bring mine to you in May at Pocono! I cant wait to get together my friend!:salute:

Thanks Warren

We r in checotah ok for a quick food/fuel and back on the road. Thanks again for all your help.

Guys...can I just say something, right here and right now?

Carrol, Roger, John, Steve, all you gentleman at SAI. I cannot for the life of me undersatnd why it's not standard to stripe down the rear bmpr. cover? That is without a doubt, the single most 'important' upgrade to the asthetics of the car! I don't feel it when it's not on there. No disrespect to any of you, and I still want one, but that is a miss, IMHO.

btw- the PBF badges are a very pleasant change to the final production. Cleaner than another GT350 label.

BIKEBOY

Oh, sorry.....Tony, you are a lucky man to have such a beautiful car and a relationship as yours with your daughter! Keep on :shift: .

Guys...can I just say something, right here and right now?

Carrol, Roger, John, Steve, all you gentleman at SAI. I cannot for the life of me understand why it's not standard to stripe down the rear bumper. cover? That is without a doubt, the single most 'important' upgrade to the aesthetics of the car! I don't feel it when it's not on there. No disrespect to any of you, and I still want one, but that is a miss, IMHO.

btw- the PBF badges are a very pleasant change to the final production. Cleaner than another GT350 label.

BIKEBOY

Oh, sorry.....Tony, you are a lucky man to have such a beautiful car and a relationship as yours with your daughter! Keep on :shift: .

Hot topic from the beginning. Originally there were no options on stripes. No rear fascia and all would have the logo on the hood. We have come a long way and prospective owners wanted a choice. They have it. It is surprisingly split down the middle.

Roger

Hot topic from the beginning. Originally there were no options on stripes. No rear fascia and all would have the logo on the hood. We have come a long way and prospective owners wanted a choice. They have it. It is surprisingly split down the middle.

Roger

Thanks Roger.....great pun by the way!

stripes.....split down the middle! :hysterical:

Made it to Asheville NC. 500 more miles today - half in the rain. Man is the car dirty. Gonna find a do it yourself spray car wash tomorrow and do some sight seeing and then back on the road Thursday. 2200 miles so far and all is well. I added a few more pics to the link above - not all great shots but some close up shots of things I would have liked to have seen while I was waiting. Thanks again for all the pm's. Time for sleep.

beautiful car !!!

Tony, you haven't said, and no-one's asked yet...

What kind of response are you getting movin'on down the road, from people in other vehicles???? :lurk:

LOVE the shot of the car near the tanks!!!

Thanks.

In Vegas and near Hoover Dam the car caused a bit of a stir. There were few cars on the road from Az thru like Memphis and we hit Memphis at night. Some typical chatter upon refeuling but nothing major. I think it actually is the perfect combo - to the folks that are not car types, it's a mustang and to the car nuts, they are not sure what they just saw fly by. :happy feet:

Thanks.

In Vegas and near Hoover Dam the car caused a bit of a stir. There were few cars on the road from Az thru like Memphis and we hit Memphis at night. Some typical chatter upon refeuling but nothing major. I think it actually is the perfect combo - to the folks that are not car types, it's a mustang and to the car nuts, they are not sure what they just saw fly by. :happy feet:

That does sound like the perfect combo. Back in 03, my brother bought the new SVT Cobra. That car, to this day, carries out the same combo you are reffering to. Thank you for sharring your pictures to all of us. Glad to see you actually driving your GT 350. Happy trails.

Tony, you haven't said, and no-one's asked yet...

What kind of response are you getting movin'on down the road, from people in other vehicles???? :lurk:

LOVE the shot of the car near the tanks!!!

Funny you asked this. I went to fuel up this evening about an hour ago, and two guys come running across the parking lot over to me to ask about it. I enjoyed talking to them about it, and then some kid comes over and asked me if I was interested in racing his buddy's Honda Civic. I kid you not. I asked where? He gave me the anywhere man, and I asked what kind of race? He said 1/4 mile, so I said, maybe, what does it run? He tells me low 9s.

Hmmm....my wife asked me if I get that a lot when I got back in the car with her....I just smiled and nodded. She told me I was much nicer than she would have been. What do you even say to a guy like that? I told him it wasnt a race if you dont ever have to turn.

Honest to God fellas, I still get that same attention wherever I go in my white 500. That is probably the single most reason to wanna drive / keep my car! I kinda feel like with my color car, trading for a GT350 is sorta, maybe a mute point...? I dunno sometimes.

But......................then I look at your's and Tony's cars, and get all rubbery in the knees again!!!

Damnit!! I hate / love you guys!!! :hysterical:

Honest to God fellas, I still get that same attention wherever I go in my white 500. That is probably the single most reason to wanna drive / keep my car! I kinda feel like with my color car, trading for a GT350 is sorta, maybe a mute point...? I dunno sometimes.

But......................then I look at your's and Tony's cars, and get all rubbery in the knees again!!!

Damnit!! I hate / love you guys!!! :hysterical:

Made it to Farmington Pa driving another day in the rain. The front brake ducts work great, you can see a the dirt and schmutz from the road that flow thru and wind up on the wheels!! Gotta find find another car wash! Taking a tour of Fallingwater tomorrow then hitting the road for the last 250 miles home.

Archived