TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airport Full Body Scanners

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the Goverment Great!

We can now get a gynecological exam, breast exam or prostate check and TSA screening all at the same time. Now if we can just get those darn machines to check for cancer and cavities, we'd all be set! :party2:

Isn't the Goverment Great!

We can now get a gynecological exam, breast exam or prostate check and TSA screening all at the same time. Now if we can just get those darn machines to check for cancer and cavities, we'd all be set! :party2:

Hey, I never thought of that. I have some back problems and was thinking it might be time to get it looked at which would mean a MRI. Maybe I can ask for a copy of the scan and save the insurance some money :)

Hey, I never thought of that. I have some back problems and was thinking it might be time to get it looked at which would mean a MRI. Maybe I can ask for a copy of the scan and save the insurance some money :)

:hysterical::hysterical:happy%20feet.gif

the whole system is flawed... Even while active duty my name showed up on a no fly list (this required a supervisor to look at my credentials)and at the time i held a top secret security clearance. Now I still cant get my name off the "list" So i cant check in early... sux when flying southwest!

YOU are NOT on the list. SOMEONE with the same name IS on the list and because of that, unfortunately, you're caught in the same web. As a serviceman myself I would hate to have our efforts and blood on the field minimized while the enemy takes the war to us here at home. So far we have lost about 7,000 brave soldiers to this war. In ONE day the enemy took 3000 people. How many of these "days" do we need to just buck up and move on?

If I ever get Drunk enough or Crazy enough to Fly...............I plan to eat several "Fiber One" Bars before hand and opt out of the scanner...............They give me Gas real bad....REAL BAD, I'd feel sorry for anyone standing close by (with in 20 feet)..................... :hysterical:

Tes, I wonder what they could really do to ya, if you farted in the dudes face when he was down checking your ankles in the back?

Hmmmmmm?

I may try this tomorrow at Sky Harbour airport in Phx. on the way home to Toronto! Only thing is...I'm sad to say, I don't need any help with food to prompt such an outburst!!!!! :hysterical:

Tes, I wonder what they could really do to ya, if you farted in the dudes face when he was down checking your ankles in the back?

Hmmmmmm?

I may try this tomorrow at Sky Harbour airport in Phx. on the way home to Toronto! Only thing is...I'm sad to say, I don't need any help with food to prompt such an outburst!!!!! :hysterical:

If I were TSA this would definately be considered "TERRORIST ACTIVITY"?????? :hysterical:

Come now Muslim women in there Garb can only get the head and shoulders checked..wow. Read this. Thirty-one-year-old John Tyner, a 31-year-old recently unleashed the "Don't tase me, Bro" moment of airport security. While about to receive a genital check from TSA security, Tyner agreed to a search of non-intimate areas but said, "If you... touch my junk, I'll have you arrested." However, Muslim women will not have to face such worries. CNSNews.com has reported that Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) which is frequently tied to domestic terror plots has been guaranteed that TSA officials will only pat down Muslim women in the head and neck area.

CAIR said Muslims who object to full-body scans for religious reasons should know their rights if they are required to undergo a pat-down, including asking for the procedure to be done in a private place. In addition, CAIR offered a "special recommendation" for Muslim women who wear a hijab, telling them they should tell the TSA officer that they may be searched only around the head and neck.

"Before you are patted down, you should remind the TSA officer that they are only supposed to pat down the area in question, in this scenario, your head and neck. They SHOULD NOT subject you to a full-body or partial-body pat-down."

Muslim women will likely opt for the not-very-invasive security pat-down, because most consider airports' high-image body scans a violation of Islamic Shari'a law. CNS News adds, "In February, the Figh Council of North America, a group of Islamic scholars, issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, that full-body scanners violate Islamic law."

So, Muslim women will not be subject to a full body scan or a pat-down on much of their elaborately concealed bodies. Feeling secure yet?

Add this to the growing proof that political correctness is not merely totalitarian but suicidal. The president made an exception to airline security protocol big enough to drive a jihad through and applied it only to the adherents of Islam. Roman Catholic nuns can be groped en masse, but Obama rushed to defend the dignity of Muslim women.

Luckily, Muslim terrorists have no history of using female suicide bombers or hiding explosives in their underwear.

Consider this just another reason why one-in-four Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.

Oyes say what you want WE are more unsafe NOW than we ever have been.Its just a matter of time before the evil ones Muslim radicals get on board a jet and blow it up. Remember when you fly and there is a Muslim lady dressed in her Garb she has not been searched. FEEL ANY SAFER NOW.... all in the name of political correctness we will be letting the terrorist get on a jet with out being searched...tic tic tic tic tic just a matter of time.See More

scanners R not as safe as you think they R. .President Ronald Reagan Said: “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help you.’”

Dr. Blaylock: Body Scanners More Dangerous Than Feds Admit

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:58 AM

By Dr. Russell Blaylock

Dr. Russell Blaylock is a nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, health practitioner, author, lecturer, and editor of The Blaylock Wellness Report.

The growing outrage over the Transportation Security Administration’s new policy of backscatter scanning of airline passengers and “enhanced pat-downs” brings to mind these wise words from President Ronald Reagan: “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help you.’”

So, what is all the concern really about — will these radiation scanners increase your risk of cancer or other diseases? A group of scientists and professors from the University of California at San Francisco voiced their concern to Obama’s science and technology adviser John Holdren in a well-stated letter back in April.

The group included experts in radiation biology, biophysics, and imaging, who expressed “serious concerns” about the “dangerously high” dose of radiation to the skin.

Radiation increases cancer risk by damaging the DNA and various components within the cells. Much of the damage is caused by high concentrations of free radicals generated by the radiation. Most scientists think that the most damaging radiation types are those that have high penetration, such as gamma-rays, but in fact, some of the most damaging radiation barely penetrates the skin.

One of the main concerns is that most of the energy from the airport scanners is concentrated on the surface of the skin and a few millimeters into the skin. Some very radiation-sensitive tissues are close to the skin — such as the testes, eyes, and circulating blood cells in the skin.

This is why defenders using such analogies as the dose being “1,000-times less than a chest X-ray” and “far less than what passengers are exposed to in-flight” are deceptive. Radiation damage depends on the volume of tissue exposed. Chest X-rays and gamma-radiation from outer space is diffused over the entire body so that the dose to the skin is extremely small. Of note, outer space radiation does increase cancer rates in passengers, pilots, and flight attendants.

We also know that certain groups of people are at a much higher risk than others. These include babies, small children, pregnant women, the elderly, people with impaired immunity (those with HIV infection, cancer patients, people with immune deficiency diseases, and people with abnormal DNA repair mechanism, just to name a few).

As we grow older, our DNA accumulates a considerable amount of unrepaired damage, and under such circumstances even low doses of radiation can trigger the development of skin cancers, including the deadly melanoma. I would also be concerned about exposing the eyes, since this could increase one’s risk of developing cataracts.

About 5 percent of the population have undiagnosed abnormal DNA repair mechanism. When exposed to radiation, this can put them at a cancer risk hundreds of times greater than normal people.

It also has been determined that when skin is next to certain metals, such as gold, the radiation dose is magnified 100-fold higher. What if you have a mole next to your gold jewelry? Will the radiation convert it to a melanoma? Deficiencies in certain vitamins can dramatically increase your sensitivity to radiation carcinogenesis, as can certain prescription medications.

As for the assurances we have been given by such organization as the American College of Radiology, we must keep in mind that they assured us that the CT scans were safe and that the radiation was equal to one chest X-ray. Forty years later we learn that the dose is extremely high, it is thought to have caused cancer in a significant number of people, and the dose is actually equal to 1,000 chest X-rays.

Based on these assurances, tens of thousands of children have been exposed to radiation doses from CT scanners, which will ruin the children's lives. I have two friends who were high-ranking Environmental Protection Agency scientists, and they assure me that in government safety agencies, politics most often override the scientists’ real concerns about such issues.

This government shares House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s view when she urged passage of the Obamacare bill sight unseen — “Let’s just pass the bill, and we will find out what is in it later.”

When the real effects of these scanners on health become known, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and the rest of the gang who insist the scanners are safe will be long gone.

WHEN ARE THE MEN GOING TO STAND UP. WHEN ARE THE MEN GOING TO STAND UP AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I COULD NOT STAND THERE AND WATCH MY WIFE NOR MY CHILDREN GO THROUGH THIS HORSE AND PONY SHOW WHEN THE REALL TERRORIST ARE GETTING A PASS.WHY WAS NOT THESE SECURITY STEPS DONE A MONTH AGO 6 MONTHS AGO 1 YEAR AGO THEY SAY BECAUSE THEY WHERE WAITING ON THE SCANNERS TO BE BUILT THEN WHY WAS NOT THE PATDOWNS PUT IN INTILL THE SCANNERS WHERE DONE ...WAIT AMINUTE I SEE WHY IT IS BEING DONE NOW THE POLICE STATE IN OUR AIRPORTS THE GOVERMENT WANTES TO TAKE OVER THE AIRPORTS AND THEY R DOING THIS TO GET BACK AT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FOR VOTING THE WAY THEY DID ON NOV 2ND..O ITS ALL COMEING TOGETHER NOW.... I SAY AGAIN WHERE ARE ALL THE MEN AT.

LETS DONT GET TO PERSONAL HERE OTHER WISE THEY WILL SHUT US UP...

iTS JUST A MATTER OF TIME HERE THAT SOME HERE WILL COMPLAIN AND THIS TOPIC WILL BE FROZEN

BLOWN,

I agree that many things in our society have gotten way out of control, including this latest TSA security measure. It's been long past time for citizens to stand up and say they've had enough. Your post reminded me of a classic movie scene along the same lines. Enjoy...

Yes the radiation from the scanners is something that needs to be look at now not 5-10-15-20 years down the road when people who fly alot are know having problems with getting cancer,skin cancer,eye problems and many other side effects from the radiation and as usual the goveremnt will deni it. I guess the goverment wants the airlines to go broke so they can take it over and call it the big GA... Goveremnt airlines :hysterical: along with there unionized TSA members will sweep america.. just found this do you feel any safer now :headscratch: check it out.. That one percent for error will KILL YOU.

http://www.allprouda...urity-Fail.html

Easy, without unions you'd have no weekend....

Wow...I opened a can-o-worms with this thread!

Sorry, it was only my intention to get opinions as to whether you would get inside the thing or not. We've gotten pretty serious about this, I see.

:hide:

NOt me I got my aluminum foil and tape ready! :hysterical::hysterical:

BikeBoy I am surprised that this topic was not stopped after we started posting here. It just goes to show you that we all have diffrent opinons and if we can keep it under control with out going over that imaginery line the topic won't get canned.. I liked reading them all...well except Daves.... :hysterical: lol jk

When I was younger I remember seeing older guys in the fire department where i worked that seemed so frustrated and upset over things they read in the paper or saw on the news. I used to think they were nuts.

Well now 25 years later , I realized I am one of those people!

Fu$& the government and anybody who looks like the govt.!!!!!!!

BikeBoy I am surprised that this topic was not stopped after we started posting here. It just goes to show you that we all have diffrent opinons and if we can keep it under control with out going over that imaginery line the topic won't get canned.. I liked reading them all...well except Daves.... :hysterical: lol jk

I believe you get the Team Shelby Award for going over

the "imaginery line" ...........

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Archived