TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airport Full Body Scanners

I travel on business quite a bit. So far, I have not experienced the full body scan. But, I can tell you this, I will not do it. They can grope me in an illegal and inappropriate manner if they want. We all have 4th amendment rights, and this far exceeds our rights. Metal detectors, I was willing to deal with, but this crosses the line. We should ALL refuse and resist; just tell them that you Opt Out. Also, in case you don't realize it, the Government will do this to your children as well, that is, radiate or grope and take nude pictures of them, unless we stop it. This is very serious, folks...in fact, its disgusting.

Also, speaking of the radiation dangers...

Look at this (pdf file)

Also, please consider this for the Thanksgiving holiday...

National Opt Out Day

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all a bunch of crap. I highly doubt these machines will stop any attack. I do not care to go thru the xray and as for patting down, I think a good lawsuit will arise from a female passenger pretty quickly for inappropriate groping. Just like taking off our shoes. This "preventitive" stuff is always enacted after it has been successfully used.

We must have a good balance between safety/security and rights/privacy and you can't please everyone, all of the time.

Airports and Airlines are not government owned but private entities. Although TSA is a fed agency they don't own the airport or the airlines and these safety and security policies are put in place in conjunction with the airlines. Fed agencies housed at airports (TSA, CBP, ICE, FBI, FWS, FAA............etc.) must pay rent to the corporation that owns the airport facility. When you enter airport property, you are on private property. When you enter an airplane, you are in a private property.

TSA policy clearly states that the body scan is optional and the passenger can elect for the pat-down in lieu of. If you don't want the scan, there are options. If you don't want those options then you have other options for modes of transportation.

As far as scanners/x-rays working, US Customs has been utilizing body x-rays for decades to catch internal swallowers and body carriers with good success. I am only referring to how the body/x-ray scanners work, not the legal circumstances surrounding their use.

Preventive stuff is constantly introduced because terrorist are constantly thinking of new ways to inflict terror, so we must adapt to overcome those measures. Does it work? Not all of the time, but if a terrorist event occurred with a new tactic and measures where not put in place to prevent it, the next time it is successful there would be a public and media firestorm as why nothing was done to prevent the second occurrence.

Wow, it seems since I posted this, the fervor is on the increase. There really is a building movement to 'opt out' on the scan this holiday weekend!

The news is running with this. Even Sully Sullenberg said this morning on CNN that it's really unecessary.

I refuse to FLY but I am curious......when I go to the Dentist and they X-Ray my Teeth, they drap a heavy Lead Lined Blanket on me from the Neck down......................... to protect the rest of me from the Radiation. I can only imagine how much Radiation a Full Body Scanner puts out...........................................

I refuse to FLY but I am curious......when I go to the Dentist and they X-Ray my Teeth, they drap a heavy Lead Lined Blanket on me from the Neck down......................... to protect the rest of me from the Radiation. I can only imagine how much Radiation a Full Body Scanner puts out...........................................

BINGO!

Wow, it seems since I posted this, the fervor is on the increase. There really is a building movement to 'opt out' on the scan this holiday weekend!

The news is running with this. Even Sully Sullenberg said this morning on CNN that it's really unecessary.

Marji and I canceled our Macy's Day Parade plans :banghead: . Not because of the 'opt out' movement but because of family obligations. Probably a good thing because there's going to be some long lines at the airport security screening check points due to this.

PLUS: some Members on here have stated how long it takes to get thru Security now................. Arriving now, up to 4 Hours early :headscratch: I believe it would be better to just jump in the Car and drive. You can stop when you want, Eat where you want and see things you wouldn't see in the Air. With everything going on in the World, and with the Planes, why take the chance? :headscratch:

Very good point Tes...I travel a fair bit I'd like to know how much radiation those

scanners put out also.

PLUS: some Members on here have stated how long it takes to get thru Security now................. Arriving now, up to 4 Hours early :headscratch: I believe it would be better to just jump in the Car and drive. You can stop when you want, Eat where you want and see things you wouldn't see in the Air. With everything going on in the World, and with the Planes, why take the chance? :headscratch:

Almost forgot Tes.....no rental car either! :salute:

Well, we are flying home for Thanksgiving this next Monday the 22nd, and although I haven't joined any grass roots movement 'officially', I for one WILL NOT BE getting scanned!

It's not in the name of slowing down lines for me, or even to provoke the removal of the damn things...it's pure and simple for me...no more radiation! I will take the hand job!!!

Thank you very much! :salute:

Well, we are flying home for Thanksgiving this next Monday the 22nd, and although I haven't joined any grass roots movement 'officially', I for one WILL NOT BE getting scanned!

It's not in the name of slowing down lines for me, or even to provoke the removal of the damn things...it's pure and simple for me...no more radiation! I will take the hand job!!!

Better not start enjoying that BIKE... :hysterical:

Couldn't agree more. Besides we all could use a good rub, if you know what I mean. :drool:

It's legal to run you through an X-Ray machine and pat you down but it's illegal to profile. This is what we have to go through for political correctness.

Skeet---from the looks of your sig, you are ok with the whole scanner thing, eh?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I received the pat down in Frankfurt a couple of years ago. It definitely made me uncomfortable. Not that I like some perv sitting in another room looking at an image of me, but I'll take the radiation instead. And if anyone thinks they aren't saving the images, think again...

PLUS: some Members on here have stated how long it takes to get thru Security now................. Arriving now, up to 4 Hours early

No waiting for me, as a Million Mile Flyer, I jump straight to the front thru a special lane. :speedie: Membership does have its privledges, of course, it means I have no life, because i'm always on a plane... :doh:

I also had the first body scan last week, doesn't bother me in the least....

Archived