TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss or GT350

REAL ONE

I would buy the boss, simply because to me, it's closer to the original 69/70 look and brings the nostalgia with it....

That said though, I would really just buy another 05-09 or even more likely, a 65/66 fastback to clone into a R model if I was going to buy another mustang...

I'd buy a Boss and an "07 - '09 GT500. or Two Boss mustangs. After all it would be about the same price, and a super charger upgrade after would be cheap in comparison as well.

Well, why choose one? Get both, and run the heck outta both of 'em!!:hysterical:

Now for serious answer- If I was going to buy a BOSS, it would be the Laguna Seca. For 10k more, you get a Shelby GT350, with suspension, and a CSM. Sure you loose the forged internals and some track specific goodies, but figure that you are paying 10k for a CSM on ANY Shelby car. That may seem crazy, but we are all Shelby fans here. I also think dealers are going to put ridiculous ADMs on the LSs. The pricing may end up even out the door.

The BOSS is going to be a great car, limited in production, but I think the GT350 is better if you option it out like mine, and I beleive will be even more limited in production.

In the end, it all comes down to personal taste though. I will love to be driving the same track with either!:salute:

Warren, are you an attorney? You sure make a good case for the GT350, but it is still butt ugly. :hysterical:

Remember that girl you dated back in college that you would never take in public, but boy did she know how to :censored: ,

Yeah, not everyone likes it, and that is fine with me, but I get nothing but compliments on it, and I beg you to see it in person first. Then after you see it, take a ride and give me your opinion then.

And yes, I did go to law school...but Im not an attorney.:salute::hysterical:

Hard to say without driving and seeing both of them. For the price I would get the Boss no question, price not an issue would be a toss up. If I were in the market today I would have a hard time between the GT500 SVT and the Boss 302, not sure the 350 would be in the running just because of the price honestly.

Its a close call for me. I am a Shelby fan for sure...but...the Boss is definitely smok'in. i like the forged internals on the Boss LS.

Being that I already have three Shelbys and an FGT which is part of the Shelby family in light of CS's involvement with the FGT program and his involvement in GT40 history I'd probably opt for the Boss just to have something different provided the dealer didn't get too greedy with the ADM.

Its close enough that my decision might be different tomorrow and then back again the next day. I'd probably want to see and drive both. I'd definitely wait for the striping on the Boss to change to the '70 design going over the cowl and then down the front fender and back to the rear. I like that stripe much better then the current stripe configuration.

I saw the Boss, the Boss Laguna Seca at SEMA and the GT350 at SAI up close and personal last week and if I had to chose it MIGHT be between the GT350 and the Laguna Seca. I didn't drive any of them BUT i did hear the GT350 and man o man it was sick indeed. After seeing them all in person I choose the GT350 and to HE!! with the price comparisons.

Shelby #1, Boss Laguna Seca #2.

QSS

Assuming they are the same approx. cost, and money no object, I would go for the Boss 302 (and keep my Shelby GT). My belief is that, years down the road, the Boss 302 will be the more desirable, just as the original Boss 302 is today. Having said all that, it is a tough decision.

The Boss, without ADM's is cheaper. The suggested MSRP prices for the Boss that have been posted in several forums here are not accurate.

Assuming they are the same approx. cost, and money no object, I would go for the Boss 302 (and keep my Shelby GT). My belief is that, years down the road, the Boss 302 will be the more desirable, just as the original Boss 302 is today. Having said all that, it is a tough decision.

With all due respect the 65 GT350 is way more desirable (if we are talking sale prices) than the Boss 302 of 69 and 70. in fact so is the 66 GT350 and I would even submit so to is the 67 GT350. The Boss may be on equal footing with the 68, 69 and 70 coupe version of the GT350 BUT the 68,69 and 70 GT350 convertibles exceed Boss values if we were to compare cars of equal quality. Now if were comparing a Boss 429 that is a different kettle of fish.

So, I completely disagree that the Boss 302 is more desirable than the GT350. In the end, you should buy what your passion is and forget about the possible future value. Buy it because you love it!

QSS

It may have been mentioned already but wouldn't the Boss be a "pre-title" car while the GT350 would be a post-title conversion? There are a bunch of conversion companies out there that will do a post-title job on a new mustang (Shelby, Steeda, Saleen, SMS, Hurst, etc.) all of which transform an already great platform into a monster. For a post-title conversion, Shelby would be my choice (but owners of other conversions might feel differently) but if I wanted a pre-title car then the Boss LS would be real high on my list. It would be killer if Ford would relaunch a 2012 Boss 429 with some big displacement making over 500 naturally aspirated horsepower. I still think that anything over 500 to 550 hp is traction limited and mostly for bragging rights and not that useable on the street. To get more than 600 ponies to the pavement you need some big tires/slicks and then you will put the tranny at risk (trust me on that one). Anyway, the Boss LS is way cool (not as cool as the KR) and getting one with a signature from Larry Shinoda on it would be awesome (is Larry still alive?). The problem is space and money. I want them both!

It may have been mentioned already but wouldn't the Boss be a "pre-title" car while the GT350 would be a post-title conversion? There are a bunch of conversion companies out there that will do a post-title job on a new mustang (Shelby, Steeda, Saleen, SMS, Hurst, etc.) all of which transform an already great platform into a monster. For a post-title conversion, Shelby would be my choice (but owners of other conversions might feel differently) but if I wanted a pre-title car then the Boss LS would be real high on my list. It would be killer if Ford would relaunch a 2012 Boss 429 with some big displacement making over 500 naturally aspirated horsepower. I still think that anything over 500 to 550 hp is traction limited and mostly for bragging rights and not that useable on the street. To get more than 600 ponies to the pavement you need some big tires/slicks and then you will put the tranny at risk (trust me on that one). Anyway, the Boss LS is way cool (not as cool as the KR) and getting one with a signature from Larry Shinoda on it would be awesome (is Larry still alive?). The problem is space and money. I want them both!

Unfortunately, Larry passed away November 13, 1997.

I'd buy a Boss and an "07 - '09 GT500. or Two Boss mustangs. After all it would be about the same price, and a super charger upgrade after would be cheap in comparison as well.

Don't think that is the case unless you have a good deal on your GT500 from 07. :) Don't think you will have much money for your SC. Entry into the GT350 is less than $60,000. With the SC less than $64,000.

Roger

Bob,

When you compare the final production numbers and compare resale values of the past and present, it is not close at all. It will be the GT350 and the first year run, just like the history.

Roger

Archived