TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake dust

owenkelley

Yup, we're all dealing with it and its something that will not be going away anytime soon. High performance brakes "powder up" badly, it's just the nature of the beast.

Clean, clean, clean. That's all you can do. The bad thing about it is that its not just confined to the wheels either. I have a Grabber Orange car, and the brake dust travels from the front wheels and all the way down the lower portions of the doors and side body panels. At first I thought that it was tire dressing spinning off the tires, but its brake dust. I wash the car, travel less than 4 miles, and poof! brake dust spots all over the side of the car.

What a pain in the ass. BTW, I use that PS2 wheel cleaner stuff. WOW, great stuff. Wet the wheel, spray the PS2 on, and just rinse off the BD 1,2,3.

Yup, 14 inch Bremobos are gonna *powder* like crazy, thats just what happens with high performance breaks. Luckily the dust doesnt show on black :hyper: .

I personally use wheel cleaner on these wheels, i give her a hand whiping after every ride, cutts down on rotor rust that comes after spraying down the wheels.

I think Ihave the cure for the problem.

I noticed after being out of town for 2 weeks , there was no brake dust accumulation.

Yes the correction for the problem is let it sit in the Garage!

But then you have the depression to deal with! :banghead:

Yup, we're all dealing with it and its something that will not be going away anytime soon. High performance brakes "powder up" badly, it's just the nature of the beast.

Clean, clean, clean. That's all you can do. The bad thing about it is that its not just confined to the wheels either. I have a Grabber Orange car, and the brake dust travels from the front wheels and all the way down the lower portions of the doors and side body panels. At first I thought that it was tire dressing spinning off the tires, but its brake dust. I wash the car, travel less than 4 miles, and poof! brake dust spots all over the side of the car.

What a pain in the ass. BTW, I use that PS2 wheel cleaner stuff. WOW, great stuff. Wet the wheel, spray the PS2 on, and just rinse off the BD 1,2,3.

Has anyone installed aftermarket pads such as Hawk? Are they any less dusty?

Dave

Archived