TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacing tires (TPM ??)

thewheelman

I've got 22k on the clock now and, as the oil change tech said, I'm "right on top" of needing a new set of tires. Tread wear indicators are beginning to show on all 4. Right after I bought the car I caught a set of Goodyear F1's on a super deal and bought a spare set. Now, it's time to put them on but I'm afraid of taking it to one of the local shops, afraid they'll screw up the tpm sensors.

Would you recommend taking it to a Ford dealer? Of course, it will take both the Mustang and the truck to get all 4 new tires there! I'd rather do it local but wondering if the dealer is the best choice......

Thanks!

I just went through the new tire process on my 08. I went through my local Ford dealer who sent the car to a local tire shop. I wasn't very happy about that since I don't like strangers driving my car all over town.

I must say that if the tire shop could have messed up the TPMS they would have. I say this because they put a rear tire on the front of the car. LOL

I've got 22k on the clock now and, as the oil change tech said, I'm "right on top" of needing a new set of tires. Tread wear indicators are beginning to show on all 4. Right after I bought the car I caught a set of Goodyear F1's on a super deal and bought a spare set. Now, it's time to put them on but I'm afraid of taking it to one of the local shops, afraid they'll screw up the tpm sensors.

Would you recommend taking it to a Ford dealer? Of course, it will take both the Mustang and the truck to get all 4 new tires there! I'd rather do it local but wondering if the dealer is the best choice......

Thanks!

If you have a Discount Tire near you, go there. I've been to several and they're really good and really careful. I've heard others say the same. As far as the TPMS sensors go, if they're still tight you don't have to do anything. They're sticky taped and banded. If the shop isn't awful they won't mess them up. Dealers aren't tire shops. It's out of their experience zone even if they have the machinery.

Archived