TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby Get Together this Spring

sportscars

Just how bad is traffic in Fredricksburg on Fri afternoon? Worthwhile to end up west out on I10 somewhere then come into Kerrville on I10 from that direction....coming down from DFW area, I mean?

It's not terrible - certainly not by DFW standards - but there's almost always a big wad of traffic all through town on 290. Not a big deal, really. Just keep an eye out for people backing out into the street from on-street parking.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not terrible - certainly not by DFW standards - but there's almost always a big wad of traffic all through town on 290. Not a big deal, really. Just keep an eye out for people backing out into the street from on-street parking.

Thanks for traffic tips. What do you make models of? (Interests)

Thanks for traffic tips. What do you make models of? (Interests)

I'm strictly a car modeler - about 80% drag race stuff. I hardly ever finish anything - I learned a long time ago that my talent is starting projects, not finishing them!

Here's a recent one.

1202.jpg

I'm strictly a car modeler - about 80% drag race stuff. I hardly ever finish anything - I learned a long time ago that my talent is starting projects, not finishing them!

You and me both! :hysterical: My wife reminds me of that fact almost daily....:rant2:

No, traffic won't be bad, not your definition of bad. Not to mention, weekend shoppers won't be there on Friday. Also, you don't have to go all the way through town anyway, since your turnoff to Kerrville is Hwy 16.

Ok, I was still faltering whether to go or not (trying to be responsible with finances) but after reading the posts, I am in. Now, question is whether I can drag Jeff away from painting the '79 for a day.

We'll be coming in tomorrow morning but may try and meet up with the guys at the park and ride and cruise in with them.

If it's just me, I'll be in Reaper but no comments about his injured state. If it's both of us, we'll be in the '85. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. I miss my TS peeps.

And Dwain, that really bites. I was cruising on the toll road the other day and thought about you and was looking forward to seeing you again. :(

So I've lost my copilot now (my son had to work) and I am struggling with whether to do all the driving alone or just not go. Bums me out...I was really looking forward to this.

If it helps with your decision, there are nearly a dozen Shelbys in the parking lot at the Hampton Inn :)!

Great Job again Warren & Sean!

Good route, 288 mi on the trip OD.

We even got our own pace car.;)

Shelbydw

I second that; Warren & Sean !!! Great cruise !!!

We had 36 cars in all, but one of those was a support truck my wife was driving in the rear to make sure we didnt have anyone left behind. There was a lot of work that went into this year, because, frankly, the route was a bit ambitious. I got many positive reviews and feedback was all great, but really, it comes down to the people that come that make an event special!happy%20feet.gif Thank you all that were there in your Shelbys, or there in spirit with us!:salute:

We had 36 cars in all, but one of those was a support truck my wife was driving in the rear to make sure we didnt have anyone left behind. There was a lot of work that went into this year, because, frankly, the route was a bit ambitious. I got many positive reviews and feedback was all great, but really, it comes down to the people that come that make an event special!happy%20feet.gif Thank you all that were there in your Shelbys, or there in spirit with us!:salute:

Don't thank us,all we did was drive on two wheels,fourwheels, and i'm not so sure some of those dips were no wheels. Everyone had a great time. I think my wife even had a good time but doesn't want to admit it.Thanks to Warren and Sean for all the hard work in getting this organized. This was no small feat and next year we should all start buying you guys lunch and for the fuel for the support truck. Projects like this aren't cheap and i really do appreciate the time and effort that was put in to this. Again, thanks, Shelby Texan-Kenneth and Peggy Holman.

THANK YOU WARREN AND SEAN, AS ALWAYS A GREAT CRUISE. THE BEST PART WAS JUST GETTING TO SEE OLD FRIENDS AND RUN WITH THEM THROUGH THE HILLS. ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR. SURE MISSED YOU SHERRI, MAYBE SEE YOU IN GRANDBURY. JOHN AND JUANITA

I also want to say Thanks to Sean and Warren. I had a great time! I am currently trying to de-shake my in-car videos and will post a link to them when they are ready. It was a lot of fun, maybe, with a little help, a fall cruise might be possible?

Thanks again.

Steve

Archived