TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby Get Together this Spring

sportscars

Many people have asked for the Texas get together to be bigger and to have a track day. We are looking into that possibility, but renting a track (Harris Hill) is a rather large expense.

The track is a grand cheaper on Friday than Saturday plus the only Saturday they can fit us in is April 16th. If we do track on Saturday then the scenic drive would have to be Friday or Sunday. If we track on Friday and do the Pretty Texas Scenic Drive (PTSD:hysterical: ) on Saturday then we can end at Cabela's. We would try to get a good deal from a hotel in Buda or San Marcos.

Fridays lunch would be hamburgers or hotdogs at the track (they have a nice kitchen!). The dinner Friday would be something similar to Salt Lick or possibly a steak house, something nice but not over the top. Luch on the PTSD would be casual somewhere along the way.

Thoughts and ideas? Please let us know what you think and what you want.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition, you could come just for the scenic drive or just for the track. It wont be required to do both. So dont think we may not do one or the other, or that you would get charged for the track if you just want to do the drive, we are just feeling out interest in making this a larger gathering with more fun things to do. If we can get enough support for a track day on a Friday, we will do it, and then drive over and stay in Kerrville Friday night, then do the Saturday run and end up back in Buda, close to the track. This way, if you wanted to bring your truck and trailer your car and track stuff, you would end up right where you need to be when its all over with. happy%20feet.gif

I would definitely be in for both events. Just let me know when and I will be there. :peelout:

Thanks for setting this up. :salute:

Steve

Hey Steve, I like your ride! :shift:

As for the track and/ or the cruise, I hope to be able to do both.

Jeff has been having too much fun throwing my car around the track. It's my turn now. Count us in for both. Any weekend will work for us just let us know when you get it set so I can take off of work for the Friday. The more time the better in knowing in advance. I'll have to save for more tires. :shift:

If you haven't been to Harris Hill...this is an awesome track with awesome owners. Been out there several times and they are very accomodating along with answering any questions you may have. Can't wait!

Who ever is in charge for the get together please PM with final details, I will post it on my website and tell some of the local owners out here in west texas.

Will definitely try to make it.

Who ever is in charge for the get together please PM with final details, I will post it on my website and tell some of the local owners out here in west texas.

Will definitely try to make it.

I'll do that my friend. Last year I didnt even really try to advertise it, and we ended up with 25 cars with just a thread on it here and a couple other forums. This time around, we will DEFINITELY be able to accomodate more cars. I was worried that when a caravan gets too big, you end up with a big headache and a bunch of lost drivers, but I think we have that squared away with grouping cars no bigger than 20 and having a clear route defined beforehand. I intentionally changed the route on the map last year so if we had seperation in the morning, the map would take the stragglers through Junction, so the line at the restaurant didnt get too crazy, and it worked out great! This year we will simply stagger the groups and seperate them by 15 minutes. We will have a cruiser group, and a "spirited group", and send the cruisers out first, and play catch up with the other. I think that will be a fun way to keep it from being a giant traffic jam.:salute:

I'll do that my friend. Last year I didnt even really try to advertise it, and we ended up with 25 cars with just a thread on it here and a couple other forums. This time around, we will DEFINITELY be able to accomodate more cars. I was worried that when a caravan gets too big, you end up with a big headache and a bunch of lost drivers, but I think we have that squared away with grouping cars no bigger than 20 and having a clear route defined beforehand. I intentionally changed the route on the map last year so if we had seperation in the morning, the map would take the stragglers through Junction, so the line at the restaurant didnt get too crazy, and it worked out great! This year we will simply stagger the groups and seperate them by 15 minutes. We will have a cruiser group, and a "spirited group", and send the cruisers out first, and play catch up with the other. I think that will be a fun way to keep it from being a giant traffic jam.:salute:

Put me in the "spirited group" :peelout:

The last weekend of March is the Track Guys event at Texas World Speedway. If you haven't run the 2.9 mile road course there, this is your chance. I have run this event with them since it started years ago. What a blast for SVT owners.

They will allow non-SVT cars to run as well.

Registration should open soon for Saturday and/or Sunday participation.

Cheers,

Don

Many people have asked for the Texas get together to be bigger and to have a track day. We are looking into that possibility, but renting a track (Harris Hill) is a rather large expense.

The track is a grand cheaper on Friday than Saturday plus the only Saturday they can fit us in is April 16th. If we do track on Saturday then the scenic drive would have to be Friday or Sunday. If we track on Friday and do the Pretty Texas Scenic Drive (PTSD:hysterical: ) on Saturday then we can end at Cabela's. We would try to get a good deal from a hotel in Buda or San Marcos.

Fridays lunch would be hamburgers or hotdogs at the track (they have a nice kitchen!). The dinner Friday would be something similar to Salt Lick or possibly a steak house, something nice but not over the top. Luch on the PTSD would be casual somewhere along the way.

Thoughts and ideas? Please let us know what you think and what you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, we have the Texas Mile AND TMS in late March, and I dont want to put our event on the heels of those events. Honestly, at this point, what about March 5th or March 12th?

That would give a two or three week buffer, and I think the weather would be perfect!

Well, we have the Texas Mile AND TMS in late March, and I dont want to put our event on the heels of those events. Honestly, at this point, what about March 5th or March 12th?

That would give a two or three week buffer, and I think the weather would be perfect!

Of those two dates, I vote for the 12th...

Archived