TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby Get Together this Spring

sportscars

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I would like to meet up with whoever want's to cruise up together at the park and ride under 1604 and I-10 around 7:00 AM, and be ready to leave at 7:30 AM. It is about 70 miles up to Kerrville, so we should arrive around 8:30 AM. If you would like to call me or e-mail me and let me know you plan to travel with us, I will start a list and make sure we wait for you. My cell number is 210-685-1612, or e-mail me at tbader@satx.rr.com, or here. Will keep checking until 5:00 PM Friday before we leave.

Tom

Yes, I would like to meet up with whoever want's to cruise up together at the park and ride under 1604 and I-10 around 7:00 AM, and be ready to leave at 7:30 AM. It is about 70 miles up to Kerrville, so we should arrive around 8:30 AM. If you would like to call me or e-mail me and let me know you plan to travel with us, I will start a list and make sure we wait for you. My cell number is 210-685-1612, or e-mail me at tbader@satx.rr.com, or here. Will keep checking until 5:00 PM Friday before we leave.

Tom

I will meet everyone at the Park and Ride as well at 0700, can't wait.

Spent half the day yesterday running the after lunch portion of the drive, and Im pretty excited now! Logistically, the hardest thing to organize is a route where traffic or traffic lights could seperate the group. Well, I think I found the best way around all of that. Welfare and I-10 looks to be our lunch stop at a restaurant popular in the area called Popo's. We expect to reach that location between 1 and 1:30, so it will be a slightly later lunch. Make sure you have a good breakfast or pack a small snack to munch on during the cruise. I will follow up with a survival list of things to bring, but off the top of my head, you will definitely want to bring a folding chair for the end of the day in Buda, and a two way radio if you want to communicate with everyone during the drive.

Anyone staying in Kyle or San Marcos

I just got wind of this cruise! I live in Kyle and plan to go. Anyone need any insight as to where to stay? I might be able to help find a location for someone not far from Cabelas. I live 15 minutes from there.

Anyone from Austin wanna cruise out to Kerrville on Friday ?

When are you Houston folks gonna be going through Austin?

I'm driving over on early Saturday morning - it's going to be a long day boring.gif

Anyone from Austin wanna cruise out to Kerrville on Friday ?

When are you Houston folks gonna be going through Austin?

Let me know where yall meet up.

Kerrville should be no problem getting a room at Hampton Inn or Motel 6. They are right next to the meeting point.

Our route has a last minute change due to some construction I ran across.

Our route will start at the stadium, then take us straight to the fun and challenging drive of the day, then we will end up at Popo's restaurant in Welfare TX right off of I-10 between Boerne and Comfort about 1:30 for lunch. After that, we will head over to Buda using Sisterdale Rd, and once we hit 281, it will be over the Devil's backbone. Should be a fun drive as I have driven it in preparation a couple times. We will make our first stop in Camp Wood at about 11:30, so don't drink too much coffee, or you will be looking for bushes instead of bathrooms!

Archived