TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Jacking & Lifting instructions from Ford

Grabber

• 1 month later...

The jacking and lifting points have not changed.

Here's the new Ford PDF file on the points to use:

2011 Jacking and lifting.pdf

Hi Grabber,

Has Ford every posted pics of jacking and the use of jackstands? It would be awesome to see how to use a jack and jackstand together. I do find it a but curious that they don't mention the pinch welds at all.

DaFreak.

Hi Grabber,

Has Ford every posted pics of jacking and the use of jackstands? It would be awesome to see how to use a jack and jackstand together. I do find it a but curious that they don't mention the pinch welds at all.

DaFreak.

Ford circled the pinch welds in the PDF file. I have another document on the jack stand points I will round up for you.

Look at the PDF file and go to page 100-06A-2 and the drawing "Vehicle Lift points - Mustang"

Vehicle_Lift_Points__S7Z06A12.pdf

Here's a pic of the back of my car showing the pinch weld point that you can use a sissor jack on and I put a red dot on the frame rail point where you can place the jack stand.

Jack069.jpg

Here is a pic of the front of my car and take note of where I have the red dot on the front frame rail. You can place the jack stand there.

Jack072.jpg

Jack073.jpg

Jack076.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe025.jpg

KRMufflersH-Pipe023.jpg

Here's a couple more pinch weld point location Ford drawings

Jacking2.gif

Jacking-2.gif

Vehicle_Lift_Points__S7Z06A12.pdf

Aha! So thats the rocker notch referred to. Thanks Grabber!

Now, with 733 miles racked up, time to mess around with the "Launch control" and see if that actually exists or not.

3200 rpm and quick release the clutch, keep the gas pedal floored and ignore any banging type noises from what I've read here and there.

Should be a nice feature if it actually works!

Edited by davegt500

The jacking and lifting points have not changed.

Here's the new Ford PDF file on the points to use:

2011 Jacking and lifting.pdf

Does anyone know if FORD has revised the jacking points for the Mustang? Today on SPEED there was a special on the new BOSS 302 and 302R and they had several shots of the cars being jacked midway on the car between the front and rear wheels. Granted there is more weight on the 2010 Shelby front end, and the 2011 is lighter with the aluminum block, however I would not think that the BOSS version is that much lighter that would allow jacking in the center of the rocker. They did this on the R that has the cross bracing in the rear seat delete, and they did it on the regular BOSS 302. Thoughts or comments?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is it still thread necromancy if the thread is a sticky? :headscratch:

Anyway, what about floor jacks? I didn't think I'd take the scissor jack out of the trunk when I've got several sizes of floor jack around. I would assume I could position it just rearward of the front red jackstand dot (or just forward of the rear jackstand dot). Bad assumption? My floor jacks don't have an adapter for pinch welds, but should I just position the cup at that point anyway (taking care that the edge of the weld is sitting flush in the cup, not catching on either side of the weld)? I assume the idea is to have the car resting on 3 points, so the entire weight of the right or left side isn't resting on a mid-body jack point.

On the F-150 I just pick a solid point on the frame and get jackin'. :)

Edited by Boidster

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey Grabber, I noticed you put something between the jack and the pinch welds to protect the paint, what did you use? Thanks

Home depot has the heavy duty felt pads with adhesive on one side. You can stick them on your jack. They sell it in precut pads or small sheets that you can cut to the size you want. Here is the link to the product. I stuck them to the top of the jack.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Shepherd-1-in-Heavy-Duty-Self-Adhesive-Felt-Pads-48-per-Pack-9972/100392358

• 10 months later...