TEAM SHELBY FORUM

P/U the New 09 Vert

Ray Lucca

I think I got the last new 09 Vert left in the country. [i don't know it that's good or bad.]. Black Vert, with top stripe delete. Still stock, ordered the Pro-cal Tune, Cold-air, KR Axle-back, Roush Springs and Adj. Panhard bar. Figure I'll drive it stock a few weeks, check it out, go back, and begin the modding process, as the dealer says these won't impact the Ford Warranty. Coming out of a 03 Terminator, what a difference!! The new car is smooth, quiet [too quiet], tight, and in many ways doesn't feel like a Muskrat, The Clutch is so light and lets out way at the top. Is that normal?? I have a late Nov. production car. Any adjustment on the clutch?? Do you guys do the firewall adjuster on these cars, like the 03's?? I'll try and get some pictures this week-end, hopefully I'll be able to post them??? I think it's gonna be fun!!! Appreciate any and all comments

I think I got the last new 09 Vert left in the country. [i don't know it that's good or bad.]. Black Vert, with top stripe delete. Still stock, ordered the Pro-cal Tune, Cold-air, KR Axle-back, Roush Springs and Adj. Panhard bar. Figure I'll drive it stock a few weeks, check it out, go back, and begin the modding process, as the dealer says these won't impact the Ford Warranty. Coming out of a 03 Terminator, what a difference!! The new car is smooth, quiet [too quiet], tight, and in many ways doesn't feel like a Muskrat, The Clutch is so light and lets out way at the top. Is that normal?? I have a late Nov. production car. Any adjustment on the clutch?? Do you guys do the firewall adjuster on these cars, like the 03's?? I'll try and get some pictures this week-end, hopefully I'll be able to post them??? I think it's gonna be fun!!! Appreciate any and all comments

Congrats on your new Shelby. Be sure to register your Shelby at: http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Steve

Awesome Ray! Great find there!

Enjoy it and mod it and drive the hell out of it!

Just FYI, the verts dont get over the top stripes on the 07-09, unless it is a red stripe vert, or it has been converted at Shelby. That changed in 2010 though.

This clutch is crazy, it's real soft yet chatters when driving in traffic, them makes whooshing sounds when it gets hot, and lets out way at the top. Evidently there is no adjustment. Someone said to give it more revs when starting out, seems to help a bit. I have a late production date of 11/18/08, and it apparently has the factory updated system. Just got my certificate, # 497 of 555 Verts. built in 09, and # 198 of 222 produced in Ebony.

Hey, I thought I got one of the last new ones when I bought my blue on white 'vert in July. Mine has a build date of 11/13/08, so it's a few days older then yours. I really love this car. I agree with the last comment about the clutch, a little higher revs seems to smooth it out. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked the car up last night after some mods we're installed. I wanted to keep the warranty intact [at least for awhile] so I started out slow;

Frpp Cold-air and Pro-cal Tune. CAI looks great and clears the strut tower brace. I realize I'm probably leaving 30-35 Rwhp on the table, but the change in throttle response and power in noticeable. It doesn't feel near as lethargic as before. I can now hear some Blower Whine...finally, and that's good news!! I also installed the KR Axle-backs and trust me I'm no longer complaining that "it's too quiet". Sounded great on start-up, on acceleration, and little or no freeway drone, so far... Of course it's going to rain all week-end, so I won't have it out. I have a steep drive-way so I ordered the Roush Springs but only had the rears installed, as I'm scraping the front at stock ride height. Dropped the rear just enough, it looks pretty good. Also had an Adj. Panhard Bar installed to center the rear, don't know if I needed it, but it's on. The rear is firmer, for sure. If I can get my camera to work, and figure out how to post pictures, I'll get some up.

Archived