TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Z06 to Shelby

TicketMeBlue500

I had my 2005 Mustang for 5 years and decided to go to the dark side....a 2007 Z06 with 487 miles on the clock. It was a great ride, but I couldn't drive it anywhere. The Vette scrubs the chin at every incline. The 5 years in the GT put me lined up with Ford in a way I didn't understand until I bought the Chevy. Anyway, a very expensive test drive later....I sold the Z and bought the Shelby. I am very happy with the car; just gotta figure out how to make the go pedal not spin up the rears every time I push it hard....:D

Had this in the 05

IMG_1918.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Here is the Z

Vette004-5.jpg

And the winner is...here is the Shelby

MustangGT500Trip042.jpg

MustangGT500Trip040.jpg

Someday, actually wouldn't mind having them both!

Welcome to TS; glad you found new love. :hysterical:

And you know what I'm actually curious... Why do you like the Shelby more? :lurk:

Honest question from you, being that you've owned/driven a Z06 before.

Someday, actually wouldn't mind having them both!

Welcome to TS; glad you found new love. :hysterical:

And you know what I'm actually curious... Why do you like the Shelby more? :lurk:

Honest question from you, being that you've owned/driven a Z06 before.

I worked on this long and hard to arrive at the Shelby. The best I can do is say the Corvette and the Shelby are not the same type of car. To me, the Z06 was a sports car. The Shelby is a muscle car. I bought within the best of my budget the highest performance car I could by with the Z. In stock form the Z trumps most things that you line up with anywhere. With that said, it ended up not about numbers it was about feel of the car.

One big issue with the Z is the front chin splitter sitting a couple or three inches off the ground. You can't take that car anywhere with out considering where you are going and can you get the Z in the driveway or parking lot. (Some do and scrub away...don't treat mine like that)

In the end I have been a Ford guy for a long time and the Chevy just didn't sit well. I am happy with the Shelby and plan to keep her for quite a while. :shift:

I had my 2005 Mustang for 5 years and decided to go to the dark side....a 2007 Z06 with 487 miles on the clock. It was a great ride, but I couldn't drive it anywhere. The Vette scrubs the chin at every incline. The 5 years in the GT put me lined up with Ford in a way I didn't understand until I bought the Chevy. Anyway, a very expensive test drive later....I sold the Z and bought the Shelby. I am very happy with the car; just gotta figure out how to make the go pedal not spin up the rears every time I push it hard....:D

Had this in the 05

IMG_1918.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Here is the Z

Vette004-5.jpg

And the winner is...here is the Shelby

MustangGT500Trip042.jpg

MustangGT500Trip040.jpg

I'm about as much a Ford person as you can get, but selling a Z06 for a Shelby ?? Two different cars for sure, but the Z06 does it all (except only hauls two people) and is one of, if not the best, all around street car you can get. The Z06 front splitter issue is real, but those of us with SGTs have the same kind of problem. The Ford built GT-500 sits much higher all around but oh how a lowered car looks good. I'm a greedy person and totally love my two Shelbys, BUT the pennies are being squirreled away for a nice used Z06 to fill the garage. Shelbys and Vettes, the ultimate in USA motoring.

I'm about as much a Ford person as you can get, but selling a Z06 for a Shelby ?? Two different cars for sure, but the Z06 does it all (except only hauls two people) and is one of, if not the best, all around street car you can get. The Z06 front splitter issue is real, but those of us with SGTs have the same kind of problem. The Ford built GT-500 sits much higher all around but oh how a lowered car looks good. I'm a greedy person and totally love my two Shelbys, BUT the pennies are being squirreled away for a nice used Z06 to fill the garage. Shelbys and Vettes, the ultimate in USA motoring.

Yep, I know it seems crazy the Z for the Shelby but I really could not be happier. It was good and bad on the Z though; the guy that bought it is tracking it. He bougt a mint 2007 Z06 with 1500 miles on the clock to take it to the track and spank it. He'll have fun, they are great cars. Here is some proof. She was bad for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Car & Driver is always biased for Chevy..... the only way the Z06 wins against the Viper is because it costs less....otherwise the Viper is a stronger sports car....hands down. I have the GT500 and an older Viper.... the Viper is an awesome sports car.... truly of track purposes "out of the box".

Archived