TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Tinting , Yes or No ?

Just was wondering what everyone thought of window tinting on there Shelby GT ? Have you done it and would you do it again. I have had most of my other Mustangs tinted but debating wether do do this one or not. I always did like the look. Post some pics if you have done them.

If you do decide to tint, I would suggest that you have Ceramic IR tint installed. It is amazing for keeping the heat of the car, it blocks like 74% of infarared heat rays. I have it on mine, and when your cruising down the road you don't have that hot effect on your body like you do with standard UV tint.

I like the concept of tint - go for it!

I have always wanted my cars tinted (the Shelby too) but I always find something else to spend the money on. To this day I still don't have tint on the Shelby, or the DD. :headscratch:

I guess I'm always worried about getting a stupid ticket, because the degree of tint I want I'm sure isn't legal. :banghead:

Just was wondering what everyone thought of window tinting on there Shelby GT ? Have you done it and would you do it again. I have had most of my other Mustangs tinted but debating wether do do this one or not. I always did like the look. Post some pics if you have done them.

I have a 35% tint on my car and think it looks great. Here is a pic.

100_1155-1-1.jpg

Been reading about the scratching on the 07's. I guess tell the tinter or by now I'm sure they are aware and have something at shop to correct it.

Marv,

Read this thread... post #5 is the best place to start.

http://www.teamshelb...__1#entry978153

Andrew's is the best idea, in my opinion, he just upgraded to the 2008 window inserts. They're cheap, available at most Ford dealers, easy to install, and the most elegant solution, to me. I'm installing mine tomorrow, thanks to his good advice.

Jer

I would suggest that you check with your local laws on tint limits as many states have limits and hefty fines plus the cost of removal. In most cases, it the gendarmes can't see you through the side windows or windshield when walking up to the car, things can get touchy. Regs in various states could be a challenge when selling the car as well. If these are not concerns, get what you like and find okay for night cruising as well as daytime. If unsure try to get a ride in any car that has the same level of tint.

I like factory tinted glass. I will not use the film. Two reasons: 1. It inevitably gets scratched and 2. regardless of how good the installer is they will eventually bubble and peel. Nothing looks tackier on a car than a failing window tint job.

My SGTs did not have factory tinted glass. I thought it was odd for an Arizona dealer to not get it. but they were both convertibles, so if the top is down the windows are down too so it didn't matter much to me.

No doubt tint it. The black windows and white paint are perfectly dramatic together! I got 10 or 15% on mine (can't remember)... i think my sig pic is with tint. Guess I'll see in a second.

**Whats the "scratching" comment about? Is it about scratched windows? Cuz I didn't know that was a common issue, but I had 2 big gouges in my window that the tinter had to deal with. Turned out "ok" from the inside, can't see it from the outside.

I think the dark tint looks great when combined with the white SGT's. I think it contrast very well.

In my opinion, from the black SGT's I have seen with the dark tint, it's kinda black overkill. IMHO.

My SGT came with the factory tint and I think thats enough for me, but as stated through out this

topic, it's all about personal preference.

Plus I want people to know who is driving my SGT! lol!

Kevin

07SGT2591

I think the dark tint looks great when combined with the white SGT's. I think it contrast very well.

In my opinion, from the black SGT's I have seen with the dark tint, it's kinda black overkill. IMHO.

My SGT came with the factory tint and I think thats enough for me, but as stated through out this

topic, it's all about personal preference.

Plus I want people to know who is driving my SGT! lol!

Kevin

07SGT2591

The factory tint is dark enough for me looks-wise, but I need to get tint since moving to Vegas.

I bought a Covercraft sunshade (awesome), but the other windows still let in way too much UV, and the interior gets HOT!

I swear, it's like I live in a DESERT! blink.gif

Jer

Archived