TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20" Alcoas and Toyo tires on my 2008 GT500

TTSaleen

Received and installed my Alcoas and Toyo tire package this past weekend.

Tires are Toyo Proxes 4 - 255-35 front and 295-30 rear.

I've got a slight amount of steering wheel wobble between 50 and 60mph. Need to try and figure out if a rebalance can cure this issue.

Other than that, my TPMS malfunction light came on after about 50 miles of driving. Gotta buy the device to fix this myself and retrain the sensors.

Enjoy the pics.

Ryan

X001.jpg

X003.jpg

X006.jpg

X007.jpg

X010.jpg

X016.jpg

X019.jpg

Great pics, and I love the wheels.

I was looking @ this package as well, Hands down the sharpest rims out there. Have you put the Toyo's to the test, what do you think of the ride quality? Also whats the fix for the tpms?

Thanks

Spectre

I was looking @ this package as well, Hands down the sharpest rims out there. Have you put the Toyo's to the test, what do you think of the ride quality? Also whats the fix for the tpms?

Thanks

Spectre

I ordered the Ford TMPS trainer....should be here this week to reset the code/dash light.

So far the Toyos are quiet and seem to ride OK except for around 50 to 60mph I have a steering wheel wobble.

Gonna have the wheels/tires checked and rebalanced to see if fixes the issue.

Oh yeah...traction isn't very good! Spins easily thru 2nd just rolling into throttle (tune and cold air only).

Ryan

Your car looks great! Is your car lowered or do you still have the stock suspension? After I installed mine, the gap on the rear tire/fender looks huge (please see image below). Your space looks good. I also get a slight wobble at around 50 or so but only when the vehicle is cold, after a little driving, it seems to warm up and ride smooth. I am using Nittos with the clips removed and stick on weights.

post-10780-057170300 1288909276_thumb.jpg

Your car looks great! Is your car lowered or do you still have the stock suspension? After I installed mine, the gap on the rear tire/fender looks huge (please see image below). Your space looks good. I also get a slight wobble at around 50 or so but only when the vehicle is cold, after a little driving, it seems to warm up and ride smooth. I am using Nittos with the clips removed and stick on weights.

I have installed the Ford Racing springs (5300U) front and rear to achieve the look it has now.

Rides great and sits perfect for me.

Ryan

Archived